Login

russian armor

Patch: July 31st

1 Aug 2014, 06:46 AM

Permanently Banned

That sounds super believable.

I mean one rocket per squad why waste the ammo?

I have played 6 games so far and quite honestly the majority of the game are ending with them having less than ten kills. Basically the same performance as pre patch.

Im telling oyu it squad wiped in the first salvo and one more squad on retreat in the second salvo. it seems to be much better than pre patch...
1 Aug 2014, 07:00 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Replay please, or it didn't happen....
1 Aug 2014, 07:03 AM

I wanted to post a video, but i cant seem to do it on my phone...

Anyways, it went something like this:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
1 Aug 2014, 09:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Kat barrage just squad wiped 3 of my squads in one nbarrage before i could even retreat after first Salvo.

GG relic WP

Maybe stop blobbing and adapt to the new playstyle?
1 Aug 2014, 09:49 AM

Im telling oyu it squad wiped in the first salvo and one more squad on retreat in the second salvo. it seems to be much better than pre patch...

You know what they say, replay or gtfo.

All people here except you are too old for fairy tales.
Vaz
1 Aug 2014, 13:48 PM

The rockets are a little underwhelming now, but the AOE increase helped. I still manage to find uses for it, but with cooldown pretty close to the stuka, but lethality far lower, it's hard to get a good value out of it before you get vet1.

They took too much out of it. Either return the cooldown, return the damage, or increase the kill radius from 1.5
1 Aug 2014, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 13:48 PMVaz

They took too much out of it. Either return the cooldown, return the damage, or increase the kill radius from 1.5

Nope. It's fine now. Okw blobs, forwartz! Muhahaha.
1 Aug 2014, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Nope. It's not fine now. It's overnerfed and useless again.
1 Aug 2014, 15:09 PM

It's sad that it's useless now, even if it did need a nerf.

Does having a faction that is supposed to forward place some their base buildings make it impossible to have artillery that is balanced? It just seems to me that as long as OKW is around, artillery will either suck against everything or shut down one of their intended strategies.
Vaz
1 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

You can still use ML-20. It's good, especially with precision strike. Just keep it pre-aimed for faster destruction. I blew up a jagdtiger with one last night.
1 Aug 2014, 15:41 PM

Tested it a few times and it seems fine, definitely stronger than the old one. Pretty reliably wipes squads if you use it from closer range as it has such a small scatter, but most of the time the first volley of rockets will deal almost all damage it can do. Subsequent ones hit an empty area if you use it from closer range (since they are so tightly packed and anything that was there is already dead). Long range saturation fire requires several Katyushas to actually have an effect, but I'm fine with that. Same happens to the Panzerwerfer - using it from max range results in almost no damage dealt. Compared to Werfer I actually find the Kat better (lower flight time, better accuracy at the same ranges), yet the Werfer is a far better anti-blobbing tool.
Walking Stuka - Not sure about that one since I haven't tested it, but the deflection damage might be a good idea. It's really hard to actually hit single units with it (but damn easy to hit blobs), which means counterbarraging against other rocket artillery was quite hard. Might be better now.
1 Aug 2014, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cooldown kill its for both, Panzerwerfer and Katy.
1 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

Yeah, i'd be fine with its current performance if it had the old cooldown.
1 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Post invised for flaming
2 Aug 2014, 10:13 AM
Patrion 14

i think cool downs for kat and pwerfers are too much seeing how much more effective the stuka barrage is.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Aug 2014, 15:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Cool downs are something we can play with, but damage will likely stay where it's at. Keep in mind the damage vs infantry wasn't reduced relative to where the Katyusha was prior to the July 22 update. In fact, it was increased when it's AOE was changed from 4 to 6, significantly impacting it's performance/lethality at all ranges.

13 Aug 2014, 15:26 PM

Cool downs are something we can play with, but damage will likely stay where it's at. Keep in mind the damage vs infantry wasn't changed in the last update, just it's performance vs vehicles and buildings. Although damage was halved, it's damage AOE modifiers were increased to compensate - allowing it to effective perform the same vs infantry as a result.

You only increased the far damage modifier, giving a couple of extra points of damage on "misses". Meanwhile you left the mid range damage modifier which actually matters the most untouched. Thus you actually gave the aoe a huge nerf.

ie. You increased the far value on damage from 0.05 to 0.1 and thus balanced out raw damage going from 160 to 80 at the edge of the aoe. But you left the mid damage multiplier at 0.35 even though it also needed to be doubled to 0.7 to maintain the aoe damage so effectively the damage values are heavily reduced at all aoe ranges between near (1.5) and far (4.5).
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS