Login

russian armor

July 8th Patch Notes

9 Jul 2014, 03:34 AM

I wished they just fixed Stuka's 1 shotting infantry in the buildings. They had that same exact problem in vCoH and they fixed it. I don't know why it's back in CoH2.
9 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

People who cry over blobs are players who clearly havent tried enough strategies. The USF flacktruck is the single best blob counter in the game, and when you combine it with a Stuart/M8, people either quit or surrender.

With Soviets, people are crying over the KV8 nerf because they're thinking of it in terms of 'KV8 vs all infantry'. A single unit countering every single infantry unit in the game is counter balance. This just ensures the KV8 isnt a one stop cheese shop counter to your problems. If you combine the KV8 with good infantry/armour/placement/call downs, it will be just as effective.

I primarily play the allies and this week alone I've had plenty of games where I've absolutely dominated. The game is being perfected, and I still aplaud relic over the war spoils system.
9 Jul 2014, 09:55 AM

Now Jagdtiger needs a rotation decrease. This stupid thing is unflankable.
9 Jul 2014, 10:33 AM

With Soviets, people are crying over the KV8 nerf because they're thinking of it in terms of 'KV8 vs all infantry'. A single unit countering every single infantry unit in the game is counter balance. This just ensures the KV8 isnt a one stop cheese shop counter to your problems. If you combine the KV8 with good infantry/armour/placement/call downs, it will be just as effective.

Whats wrong to have 1 DOCTRINAL unit who is counters all infantry?
9 Jul 2014, 10:36 AM

Whats wrong to have 1 DOCTRINAL unit who is counters all infantry?

Thge problem wasn't that it countered all infantry. The problem was it was wiping squads far too easily. It should definitely be a counter to infantry but not some big AUTO INF DELETE button.

Did you ever play against it?
9 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM

Showing a replay of a Stuka getting 30 kills? dude...30 kills is the minimum a Stuka can get, maximum is 70-90 XD
9 Jul 2014, 11:08 AM

Thge problem wasn't that it countered all infantry. The problem was it was wiping squads far too easily. It should definitely be a counter to infantry but not some big AUTO INF DELETE button.

Did you ever play against it?

\0

Yep, played against it couple of times. Then KV-8 wipes out my squads or flank my pak - it was all my mistakes in game or greed for ammo(usually cover sides with mines). My point is, the KV-8 hit the field in 9 CP, the only the l2p guys and pro levels of spam don't have any units to delay time and THEN kill it.
9 Jul 2014, 12:34 PM
Donator 11

Oh soviets cry because you lost your I WIN button? How cute.
9 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

Am i the only one who liked that the commanders and Intel bulletins didn't show up on load screen?

they still need to fix American tank priority....

and does no one have a problem with the walking stuka?
9 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

Nerfing the shit out of the KV8???

I understand the squad wipes being an issue however the tank is slow as shit, has almost zero anti armor ability, doctrine specific, high pop cap.

Bring the price down and lower the pop cap so that the soviets can build more armor/units to support it then.

Nerfing the 122mm mortar???

Doctrine specific, super high cost, terrible accuracy.

lower the cost and pop cap so the soviets can build 1 regular mortar and 1 120mm to compliment each other.

To be honest the squad wipe problems are a result of bad faction design. All squads for every faction should be the same size. Trying to balance weapons for some squads that are 4 man and other factions that have more is just plain stupid.
9 Jul 2014, 13:58 PM

120mm does fine so quit bitching.

I'll see the KV-8 later and judge for myself.
9 Jul 2014, 14:32 PM

Am i the only one who liked that the commanders and Intel bulletins didn't show up on load screen?

and does no one have a problem with the walking stuka?

You need to know what you are about to face, especially against the two old factions, as they have so many commanders.
9 Jul 2014, 14:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I played a match against the KV-8 post patch, it's in a good spot right now. It will force off your infantry and kill half a squad if it gets close before you can retreat, but you can use abilities like faust on it without guaranteeing a squad wipe. It requires playing more cautiously with it, but is still incredibly powerful.
9 Jul 2014, 15:56 PM

Nerfing the shit out of the KV8???

It's actually not slow. It has slow acceleration. Besides that the nerf sounds far worse than it is. It kills rather often due to flame crits.

Nerfing the 122mm mortar???

Doctrine specific, super high cost, terrible accuracy.

Still laughing.

Dude, come on. You have no idea of this game if you say the 120mm mortar is super high cost and has terrible accuracy. It had a lower cost than the leIG and the Pack Howitzer, yet was better than both of them. It was actually massively overperforming, that's why the changes were suggested, tested and implemented. 2.25 radius where it was always lethal to infantry. Now that is a 1.75 radius (roughly), but to make up for that it deals twice the damage if you are a bit further away from the explosion.
Why this way? This reduced squad wiping, but keeps the overall damage dealt by the mortar similar. Additionally the 120mm mortar can keep his 120 damage with such a change, which adds to the flavor of the unit and gives it a real punch if hitting light vehicles.
9 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM

Showing a replay of a Stuka getting 30 kills? dude...30 kills is the minimum a Stuka can get, maximum is 70-90 XD

Key statment:

In 1v1 or 2v2. Not talking Super Mario Party mode where anything goes. If it doesnt consistantly get more than 30 kills why would I spend 100 fuel on it? I can do 30 with an ISG everytime with 0 fuel. It just sits back like a sniper shooting all day wracking up the kills with 0 effort.

I have used the Stuka a few times until the last time I used it and the PLANETS WERE FINNALLY ALIGNED a nice big blob right dead center! Fired annnnndddddd killed about 8 models. Even though they were ALL in the blast radius animation. After that and never getting more than maybe 10 kills per game with the thing I stopped using it.
9 Jul 2014, 17:02 PM

It's not just Americans that are affected by this. All factions seem to be suffering from priority issues.
9 Jul 2014, 19:26 PM

No other unit in the game is as useless. You don't even need them for repair thanks to tank crews. You don't need them to construct buildings because Americans spawn with all their buildings.. All of their construction abilities are available of assault engineers or doctrinal riflemen.

RE squads can get minesweepers and shoot in fighting positions shooting rifle grenades randomly. Volley Fire made them a useful unit with pros and cons. Oh and I suppose they're okay for crewing weapons teams, but riflemen are better and literally almost as cheap to reinforce anyway.

Again, they're the shittiest unit in the game. Their cheap cost doesn't really make up for the fact that they are complete garbage with very limited utility.

Naa..200 mp osttruppen even worse.Guess what when its the cheapest unit in the game..makes sense its the shittiest.Don't expect to beat 320 mp unit with 160 unit one..lol.

Good changes overall..on the maxim particularly.Finally hope to actually flank that thing when spammed on anything else than open maps.
9 Jul 2014, 21:28 PM

I never had problems against the KV 8, it was a fairly used unit and in line with the soviet faction design of being a hard counter unit.

However you could see it coming and any mine / suicide mine + 2 paks would kill it off.
Now it's rather meh.

I also disagree that it should be seen as a Ostwind.
A Ostwind is very versatile, it can shoot down planes, hard counters infantry and destroys light tanks + vehicles.

The KV8 cant do that all the time. You need to switch the ammo in order to damage vehicles and even that you can usually save vehicles from being destroyed by it.

It should been a feared unit that punishes infantry only builds hard.
Now it is more like a lighter.
9 Jul 2014, 21:29 PM

The KV-8 is still ridiculously good at sending infantry squads running for the hills, then burning them to a crisp as they run for said ridges.

I just toasted a Wehrmacht army with two of them. He didn't have any AT, though, and got an Elefant too late, but they're still very effective beasts. I'm going to still hate facing them as an Axis player.
9 Jul 2014, 21:46 PM

It shouldn't auto-win games because the you roasted every infantry squad and AT gun. Even now it still has the strongest flamethrower in the game by far. Still twice as strong as any other flamethrower unit, on a heavy tank chassis.

The old KV-8 simply made infantry play obsolete, whether it was your entire force or just part of it. If you saw one, you needed to immediately focus everything on it to destroy it before it destroyed you, while they make gains everywhere else. Then you kill it and a second one rolls out like nothing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★