Login

russian armor

July 8th Patch Notes

8 Jul 2014, 19:55 PM

It seems these common sense changes aren't to the NKVDs liking.

Still think the kubelwagon needs something more to be effective.

I'm willing to give it a shot as it is. I agree that offense for the Kubel was good enough, but I just found it was too hard to escape if it got caught with it's pants down compared to retreating an MG team which made it far too risky to use.

A smidgeon more health so the drunk driver can floor it and get away for repairs will make it that much more survivable and useful.

I think anything else and it runs the risk of becoming too good. it's speed is top notch and it's suppression rate and damage is pretty good already.
8 Jul 2014, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 19:00 PMraw

of course not. it's all just fanboys and blatant propaganda. why, 10:1 can only be explained by people loving germans this fucking much.

Be gone, troll! Back to your cave where you can gnaw on old leftover bones...
Patrion 26

of course not. it's all just fanboys and blatant propaganda. why, 10:1 can only be explained by people loving germans this fucking much.

Have you ever considered that people play Germans because they are more of a challenge?

the 120mm is still pretty good i feel.
8 Jul 2014, 20:02 PM
Donator 22

the good thing is, you will find faster games with allies ;)

Good to hear that, the flak emplacement is cheaper now. 25 fuel was a little bit too much...
But I'm missing a slightly US AT gun buff.
8 Jul 2014, 20:13 PM

Have you ever considered that people play Germans because they are more of a challenge?

Show me a single multiplayer game where the challenging faction/class/weapon is preferred by 90% of the community and you'll get a cookie.

With that, I can safely eat the cookie, because you wouldn't get it anyway.
8 Jul 2014, 20:14 PM

I kind of wanted a hold fire on the puma... oh well. Flak emplacements now cost a bit more reasonable for having half their shots hit the ground.

There's also a problem with the luchs. Its 20 mm cannon also acts the same way as the flak emplacement. If you park the luchs on a slight slope and tell it to fire something in front of it - it aims its cannon at the sky and hits nothing. Practically most of the time, unless you are right next to your target (and even that overshoots), your shots ALWAYS overshoot.
8 Jul 2014, 20:23 PM

Finaly, a much needed change to KV-8. Bravo. Good changes, overall.
8 Jul 2014, 20:40 PM

That's a pretty big nerf for the KV-8. I hope it can still counter those schrek blobs.
8 Jul 2014, 20:48 PM

That's a pretty big nerf for the KV-8. I hope it can still counter those schrek blobs.

I wouldnt count on it. So much for that Blob counter. I guess all blob counters must suck...cant have one that works now can we?

Stuka Not so much
Kat? LOL
Werfer ROFL
Arty? Who builds that crap?

Any MG not Maxim? OH HELL NO

I dont get the KV8 nerf I really dont. If anything Infantry Blob hard counters should be this devastating in all factions.
8 Jul 2014, 20:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If anything Infantry Blob hard counters should be this devastating in all factions.

A f***ing greed.

8 Jul 2014, 20:56 PM

Get ready for the kubel hoard!

Koeniggskubel is coming down the pipe!

P.S. Yes I worked hard on this, no you cannot give me all your money.

P.P.S. mspaint.exe FTW
8 Jul 2014, 21:31 PM

The problem with the KV-8 wasn't that it countered blobs, it was that it countered all infantry. All of it, every single squad on the field. To the point where fielding infantry at all was a bad thing.
8 Jul 2014, 22:07 PM

I would love to see one game where volley fire was at all useful for anything since the nerf.

A lone RE squad can't use it on anything because it doesn't have the damageoutput or survivability to actually suppress a squad and force a retreat. I've suppressed fucking pioneers with it before and they just stood there suppressed and managed to force off the RE squad while suppressed. In group settings, it can simply be focus fired long before it suppresses anything.

Just because Vindi says it's fine doesn't mean it's fine. It's a waste of munitions in every single circumstance. The only thing the unit is good for is sitting in fighting positions or recrewing vehicles and letting your tank crews roam the map instead. (Since they are a far better unit that RE squads, especially with Thompsons)
8 Jul 2014, 22:11 PM

Hard Counter != ROFLINSTAPWNBBQOMGWTF?
8 Jul 2014, 22:22 PM
Patrion 14

Wow, fucking KV-8 got raped. Almost 50%. It was already niche, now it isn't even worth the fuel. Would rather go IS-2 or T34/85.
8 Jul 2014, 22:22 PM
Patrion 14

P.S. Yes I worked hard on this, no you cannot give me all your money.

P.P.S. mspaint.exe FTW

I was laughing hard at königskubel, i salute you, you may have all of my monies :D
8 Jul 2014, 22:30 PM

I would pay monies for a commander that has this. :snfBarton:
8 Jul 2014, 22:40 PM

USF late-game still sucks, some of the maps are still bad or became worse this patch :(

Otherwise this patch is pushing the game towards the right direction.
8 Jul 2014, 22:47 PM

not a fan of the 120mm nerf.. they need to be cheaper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 70
South Africa 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment