Login

russian armor

What keeps you from enjoying coh3?

14 Apr 2024, 15:32 PM

Can't even answer a basic question...

You can just see for yourself https://coh3stats.com/players/5469/Katitoff

But ye, definitely not a very active player. He plays like one match every two days
14 Apr 2024, 16:28 PM

But ye, definitely not a very active player. He plays like one match every two days

Still better than me :clap:
14 Apr 2024, 17:08 PM

You looked up his playercard? Are you obsessed?

Jk thanks for the confirmation lol
17 Apr 2024, 00:55 AM

I think coh3 is the best coh yet and far superior than coh2.

well that's easy really, in terms of actual product its vastly improved over coh2 hands down. The faction structure IMO is better which isn't surprising since a lot of it comes from coh1 but a lot of the dynamic and quality life improvements of coh 2.

Personally i think it looks far superior than coh2 simply because i love the colorful meditrian look than the Soviet/Russian grey of the eastern front, yes i'm aware its intentinal for the front, however i still prefer it.

Does it have its issues? Sure but what rts doesn't need a couple of patches.
17 Apr 2024, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2024, 16:40 PMRosbone
What keeps me from Coh3? Three things.

1) Being banned. Kind of a gimme.

2) The community. The plebs who play RTS are simpletons. This game is finally in a BETA state 14 months after release. Instead of players saying "This is unacceptable", Relic just adjusts the balance a little and the plebs are all excited. We just went 4 months between patches and all we got was some balance changes and people are clamoring its the greatest game ever. These lemmings are the reason I will NEVER like Coh3.

3). Relic. Before this game was even announced I was seeing cracks in the Relic-is-competent armor. I was already losing cohpium. Then that alpha state trash was released and all of my fears were fully realized. Then came the lack of communication Relic is known for. Then the slow crawl of updates. I have said since 2017 someone in Relic Management needs to be fired so badly it is insane. And I stand by that statement. The company is run so bad it is indefensible. Sega is gone and they still cant get their shit together. A complete joke and a waste of anyone's time waiting for them. Move on.

The tangibles for me to like Coh3 are a small list that The Quban (Q Mode) had fixed a month after release. And these things are still not done by Relic.

Just like I said, good people like Gabby and Tarnation are gone because Relics lack of competency at the top. I could name more but then I would get banned even more???

Oh and Katitof. I can never like Coh3 because of Him/Her. j/k

It's not in bad state now. It feels better than a Beta.
As for the people who are raving about it, they're mostly 4v4 Axis fans and their appreciation for the game has more to do with the 68% win rate versus USF in 4v4 than it does with the actual state of the game. It hasn't stopped them from requesting additional, urgently needed nerfs for USF.
17 Apr 2024, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2024, 01:36 AMRosbone

This game is only partially functioning. UI is missing important elements. Menu system is trash. And what did the idiots ask for????? Leaver Penalties.

Why ask for a functioning game when you could ask for a mechanic that will drive away an already dwindling player base? How many top players are going to sit thru a trash game when their partner is a noob or even when the enemies are noobs? BORING AS F**K games. Now you have people going AFK in games. Which is even worse than leaving. And those people will be banned soon, making the player base even smaller.

This is one of my biggest complaints right now. I played a couple games as USF yesterday. In the first one, two of my teammates spammed the Aussie infantry. One of them also got mortars. We were playing against a primarily DAK team on Steppes (COH3 remake) so you can guess about how much damage the mortars were doing. I tried surrendering a couple times but the people that make those choices also don't realize when they've lost.

The next game, one of the opposing team quit at the start. It should've been an easy game. However, two of the players on our team were so passive that they did the same damage as the opposing computer so I spent about 30 minutes getting pummeled by two players while seeing a couple large armies on my team just sitting half-way between the base and the center VP.

In Relic's opinion, the fair solution to the above situations is to give me a timeout for leaving.
21 Apr 2024, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2024, 22:06 PMGiaA
I think infantry combat is vastly inferior to CoH2. In most other respects I like CoH3 more: proper tech trees rather than linear snoozefest tech, build variety, weaker AT guns, camera zoom level, less cartoony graphics, more consistent AoE damage, CoH1 style doctrines etc.

But the problem is that infantry combat is perhaps the most important aspect of CoH gameplay to me, so despite all these things CoH3 still feels lackluster.

Less cartoony graphics???

WTF.

The worst change from Coh2 is the excessive use of bright colours and bloated unit icons.

Coh1 and 2 were visual spectacles, full of life and atmosphere.

Coh3 is borderline anime, dull and sterile. Animations are also laughable compared to previous titles.

24 Apr 2024, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2024, 00:55 AMGenObi
I think coh3 is the best coh yet and far superior than coh2.

well that's easy really, in terms of actual product its vastly improved over coh2 hands down. The faction structure IMO is better which isn't surprising since a lot of it comes from coh1 but a lot of the dynamic and quality life improvements of coh 2.

Personally i think it looks far superior than coh2 simply because i love the colorful meditrian look than the Soviet/Russian grey of the eastern front, yes i'm aware its intentinal for the front, however i still prefer it.

Does it have its issues? Sure but what rts doesn't need a couple of patches.

+1
26 Apr 2024, 17:02 PM

The balance and the setting. I really don’t see a benefit on the Italian front.

Revival of the setting from CoH1 or CoH2 and I would be happy. Too bad they dropped Theaters of War.

Missing features from the older game like a good soundtrack, voice lines…
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS