Login

russian armor

I have moved on from Coh3 and i am down for ....

PAGES (7)down
21 Jun 2023, 14:43 PM

Or like going to console gamers and asking them: Hey would you like a high micro tactical RTS that's never been on console before?

Such an ambitious goal for an RTS. Surely they knew from conducting market research (I know I know, relic surveys, big lol) that this has basically never worked, barring one or two surprising exceptions? RTS's have more or less always suffered on consoles.
21 Jun 2023, 16:19 PM

Stop fucking browsing the negative Steam reviews to determine whether people like CoH3 or not, they're fucking useless in that regard and half the people there seem unhinged :snfPeter: Just remember the people who write those are probably the same who spend their time in the STEAM FORUMS.

It's like going to a Trump rally and poll the people there in order to determine if Americans are pleased with Biden's presidency :snfPeter:

Silly. And if you don't look specifically for the negative reviews all you get are positive reviews and fake negative reviews that put the game on a pedestal because fans of the game like them more than they do honest negative reviews.

Seriously. Look at the reviews for a warhammer total war game sometime. Any negative review is something like "not recommended; need skaven waifu" and then a million tards upvote it because haha funy inside joke

It's like going to a Biden rally and asking them if they approve of his presidency.
21 Jun 2023, 16:44 PM

Most reviews are people who have played the previous games.

So you get 4 reviews:
- Positive - Game is unfinished but its fun to play.
- Negative - Game is unfinished, do not give money for unfinished games.
- Negative - Game is trash, missing features, maps, etc. Sucks compared to Coh2.
- Negative - Game is trash. Unhinged reason like I lost to Pgrens once.

Basically 90% of reviews are a negative reaction. Even the positive reviews. If I was a casual, I would not buy this game after reading ANY reviews. Good or bad.

But this off-topic stuff speaks to other games. Another reason why I like to hear what other users are playing. I look at most games, search bad reviews and decide not to buy the game. Even games with a high percentage of positive reviews. There is always one nugget of data that makes me say nope.

I miss the good ole days where you bought a game on disc with no option of update. The game had to be good and it never changed. If someone said "Its good" you knew it. Now, it was good 6 months ago but now it has microtransactions out the ass so its trash. So you never know if its good or bad.

Do game companies rely on this uncertainty now? Sure, push out some unfinished trash as long as its good eventually we will be fine.
21 Jun 2023, 17:17 PM

There is no traction for this game anywhere. You look at Steam reviews, forums, reddit, here. A ghost-town, only talking how much of the failure or disappointment this game is.

Month 2-3 I was still hopeful that some kind of "Launch-ice" will break or melt, there will updates, maps, new Battlegroups. The situation will start improving.

Nope, 4 months in, there is nothing. Maybe 5th month there will be an extra map, while DevM is rewriting pathfinding because nobody else is there to work on it. AE trying to host the tournament of the game which "best moment" was soldiers getting engine-damage, while mines are exploding randomly.

I think September or October will be that "Heartfelt" letter about moving forward from COH3.
21 Jun 2023, 17:41 PM
Patrion 14

I played vCOH since Opposing Fronts and COH2 since release. Engine-wise COH2 never really came together, it was always running on duct tape and chicken wire and it showed. The COH3 engine feels much, much better than COH2 even in the latter's final state after 10 years of development. If COH3 were properly supported with frequent balance patches, new maps, and the occasional new battlegroup, it would easily be the best in the series. I really like the moment-by-moment gameplay of COH3 and overall find it much more tactically rewarding than COH2.

But after 3 months now with just about literally nothing from Relic, not even replays or an observer mode (seriously what the fuck)... well, last night, as I was playing once again against brain dead American airpower spam, COH3 hard locked my PC and the computer restarted on its own. It was the most catastrophic bug I've experienced from any application in several years. So yeah, COH3 has now been uninstalled and I don't currently have any plans to reinstall it.
21 Jun 2023, 20:28 PM

well, last night, as I was playing once again against brain dead American airpower spam, COH3 hard locked my PC and the computer restarted on its own. It was the most catastrophic bug I've experienced from any application in several years. So yeah, COH3 has now been uninstalled and I don't currently have any plans to reinstall it.

99% Your Computer has Problems.
1% through the COH3, you found faults in the Windows/Drivers/Microcode.

However crappy the game is, in almost every case it is the computer problems that freeze/BSOD it.
21 Jun 2023, 20:48 PM

But no matter how good or bad the game is in everybodys opinion .... i fear it will really be dead if nothing big comes from relic FAST. waiting 13 mins for a match with allies - got frustrated and tryed axis and just stopped after another 10 mins. ...
21 Jun 2023, 22:15 PM

COH3 hard locked my PC and the computer restarted on its own.

Same happened to me btw like 4 times since release. Its basically your video driver shitting itself. Nothing too dangerous, but for sure not pleasant thing. But its a CoH3 problem, not your hardware. My friends also experienced it multiple times. Was different for every-one.

For a guy with an old nvidia his driver just restared, I have AMD and PC got hard locked with sounds still playing.
22 Jun 2023, 10:24 AM

Honestly i like the new coh3. I know there are some things that need improvement such as pathfinding or new maps, but I can't imagine going back to coh2 where the faction design has never been fixed. (Commanders seal holes especially on alied side).
Those who whine today will surely come back when relic improves coh3.
22 Jun 2023, 16:08 PM

Honestly i like the new coh3. I know there are some things that need improvement such as pathfinding or new maps, but I can't imagine going back to coh2 where the faction design has never been fixed. (Commanders seal holes especially on alied side).
Those who whine today will surely come back when relic improves coh3.

+1 exactly my opinion honestly. Too bad peaple like being negative all the time. I mean all the patches have been good so far (sound change, animation change, balance) and peaple stil complain.

Peaple are saying relic has no idea what their doing, but actually they exactly did what the community wanted, only downside is that it might be a little to slow. But I rather have slow good changes than the complete fuckups coh2 had over the years (and still has).

On the other hand I think peaple had way to high expectations and expected coh3 to be like elden ring or smth, while I was positivly surprised given relics past patches in previous games, haha
22 Jun 2023, 17:20 PM

Too bad peaple like being negative all the time.

You cant even see the final stats page 4 months after release. How can anyone think people are being negative when shit like this exists? The game is clearly not even in alpha stage yet.

Most people are just being realistic. Too much easy to fix stuff is still broken or missing.

About 20% of reviews I read are just maniacs going off about arcane issues. The bulk of reviews have valid reasons like the game is unfinished.

I agree with you and SupremeStefan, for many people the game doesn't have to be 100% done to be fun. And if people are having fun without all of the details that is very cool. Thank you for keeping the game alive. We appreciate your efforts. I continue to hope the player base will grow.

For me personally, the Q MODE mod tried to fix the main issues I have. But even that did not work for some things. And that would only fix Custom games. So I still sit on the sidelines waiting.
22 Jun 2023, 22:12 PM

+1 exactly my opinion honestly. Too bad peaple like being negative all the time. I mean all the patches have been good so far (sound change, animation change, balance) and peaple stil complain.

Peaple are saying relic has no idea what their doing, but actually they exactly did what the community wanted, only downside is that it might be a little to slow. But I rather have slow good changes than the complete fuckups coh2 had over the years (and still has).

On the other hand I think peaple had way to high expectations and expected coh3 to be like elden ring or smth, while I was positivly surprised given relics past patches in previous games, haha

Is this a meme? Is this a post from some kind of alternative reality.

Lets fact check some things.

Has Relic delivered anything new for multiplayer? No. Going into the 5th month now and there is nothing new. This is the time when most service games are already halfway through Season 2. COH2 had multiple DLC commanders at this point in it's lifecycle.

Content: 0

What has Relic delivered? Well...
• Store for MTX as their only real priority
• Console port
• Co-op map

Is that what you wanted? The people?

If you going to list changes (such as the MG/AT guns work now, schreck blobs not the OP strategy, skillplanes have gone through 2 passes now with mixed results, animations break less) then you have the expectations of a potato. The game isn't as bad as it was before, why are people so negative.

Damn right I will play the game if it gets technically good and content-rich, but it isn't there, so we keep being negative until Relic improves the situation, or closes the door.

One thing I would like to say, which isn't the case all the time, but so many games changed precisely because the audience was negative and didn't let publishers walk over them. The bar is never too low for them, the worse quality you accept - the worse it is going to get. Journalists are a joke, so it is up to the people to voice the negativity.
22 Jun 2023, 23:46 PM

Journalists are a joke, so it is up to the people to voice the negativity.

This. This is the answer. All of those 8/10 ratings from journalists are complete garbage. There is no one left to hold anyone accountable. Only the negativity of users.

To be fair to the journalists, they probably are not hardcore RTS or Coh fans. So I could almost forgive them. And most likely they were told the same lies we were. Its gonna be great, we will fix all of this stuff before release.

Not sure how anyone could score 8/10 for an alpha release game. Unless they only played thru the campaign for a few minutes and it didnt crash or bug out. First skirmish or multiplayer you get smacked in the face with a disappearing stats screen. Which has to be the worst bug of all time. Thats like Programming 101 stuff. 8/10. WTF?

23 Jun 2023, 08:51 AM

Is this a meme? Is this a post from some kind of alternative reality.

Lets fact check some things.

Has Relic delivered anything new for multiplayer? No. Going into the 5th month now and there is nothing new. This is the time when most service games are already halfway through Season 2. COH2 had multiple DLC commanders at this point in it's lifecycle.

Content: 0

What has Relic delivered? Well...
• Store for MTX as their only real priority
• Console port
• Co-op map

Is that what you wanted? The people?

If you going to list changes (such as the MG/AT guns work now, schreck blobs not the OP strategy, skillplanes have gone through 2 passes now with mixed results, animations break less) then you have the expectations of a potato. The game isn't as bad as it was before, why are people so negative.

Damn right I will play the game if it gets technically good and content-rich, but it isn't there, so we keep being negative until Relic improves the situation, or closes the door.

One thing I would like to say, which isn't the case all the time, but so many games changed precisely because the audience was negative and didn't let publishers walk over them. The bar is never too low for them, the worse quality you accept - the worse it is going to get. Journalists are a joke, so it is up to the people to voice the negativity.

No I am not in a alternate reality I just played coh2 since release until coh3 and I for once enjoy to play a game where I have 4 well designed factions.

In coh2 any update and new content basically broke the game, was a huge cash grab, starting from OP commanders to the realease of WFA and brits. So actually new content is not an issue for me as long as when they release it it will not break the game for months...

Coh3 has a decent 1vs1 community which I enjoy, 2vs2 is more casual but gives you more options I understand if you are a big team game player that the game might not be in the best state for u rn
23 Jun 2023, 10:18 AM

No I am not in a alternate reality I just played coh2 since release until coh3 and I for once enjoy to play a game where I have 4 well designed factions.

In coh2 any update and new content basically broke the game, was a huge cash grab, starting from OP commanders to the realease of WFA and brits. So actually new content is not an issue for me as long as when they release it it will not break the game for months...

Coh3 has a decent 1vs1 community which I enjoy, 2vs2 is more casual but gives you more options I understand if you are a big team game player that the game might not be in the best state for u rn

Coh 3 has a lot of big unresolved issues that are very insulting to its fanbase and that are quite rightly considered completely unnacceptable. That said, there's a significant proportion of historical revisionists on this forum and elsewhere that like to pretend that 2 wasn't an absolute dumpster fire on release that took years to fix.

Unfortunately, the worrying thing this time round is that it looks like it might take even longer to get the game to where it should be. Relic being Relic.

23 Jun 2023, 10:47 AM

despite coh2 being a dumpster fire at launch and taking ages to fix, i really enjoyed the ride throughout the years. it had soul and an incredible fun factor...

coh3 on the other hand just feels bland and lifeless to me, and better core faction design on paper just cannot change that

so, i dont really play coh3 anymore, but am still interested in where it will go (it's coh after all)
23 Jun 2023, 11:35 AM

coh3 on the other hand just feels bland and lifeless to me

It gets more bland and lifeless by the day, in its current state. That's for sure.
23 Jun 2023, 12:43 PM

Coh3 is solid and the 1vs1 really enjoyable once you know to play it. My guess here is many people don't know how to play it and blame it on the game, hiding their lack of skill behind bugs and game issues that are real but not so prevalent. If you don't want to learn the game and expect similitude with coh2 to carry you, you'll evidently be disappointed.

At the moment the 2 main issues are vehicle pathing and the HMG42 dominating and more generally Wehrmacht dominating other factions. HMG42 is more an issue vs Brit and this is the only match-up really impacted by it. The rest of it, you can play various strat on top100 and still win.

23 Jun 2023, 16:36 PM

There's all this nonsense flying around about how Company of Heroes 3's factions are better-designed than 2's... in areas, maybe, but long before the godawful release reared its ugly head and buried everything else beneath a mountain of shit, one of my chief concerns was the terrible choices made in overall game design, and this includes the factions. Economic upgrades have returned to being standard when they were blessedly absent from Company of Heroes 2, purchased veterancy is back, capture points have returned to a Company of Heroes 1 standard, which was awful, and once again Relic's love for the Nazis has led to them investing the most amount of work and affection into the factions which everyone is predictably queuing for.

Don't think that the shoddy release was the only thing holding this game back - plenty of longtime players, myself included, never bought the game in the first place purely because of the obvious direction Relic was heading in terms of game design, namely, rip parts from Company of Heroes 1 visibly for nostalgia factor at the expense of a coherent vision for how the game should play. It'll take forever to reconcile the disparate parts of the game into something resembling entertainment for me, and Relic won't survive long enough for that. A disappointing haul in the Summer sale will probably be the last nail in that particular coffin.
23 Jun 2023, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2023, 12:43 PMEsxile
Coh3 is solid and the 1vs1 really enjoyable once you know to play it. My guess here is many people don't know how to play it and blame it on the game, hiding their lack of skill behind bugs and game issues that are real but not so prevalent. If you don't want to learn the game and expect similitude with coh2 to carry you, you'll evidently be disappointed.

This may be true for some people, but I think that's mostly wrong to be honest. The statistics just don't support it

The player count is insanely low. Coh2 had a ton of problems on release, and even still it's average player count never dropped to the level of coh3s. I've also seen multiple days where both coh1 and 2 have more active players than 3

That is WAY more than a skill issue tbh. The lack of content is way more of a problem than difficult mechanics or new design being too hard for people. You simply can't explain this level of dropoff with "learn to play"

I understand if you are a big team game player that the game might not be in the best state for u rn

Understatement of the year imo. The game is dreadful for team game players, gets so boring so quickly. 1v1 is the only viable mode right now, none of the team game modes have enough maps. Including 2v2
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS