Login

russian armor

I have moved on from Coh3 and i am down for ....

PAGES (7)down
24 Jun 2023, 17:27 PM

It twoshots Stoßtruppen and weapon teams, can almost take on Panthers and does not require tech. It is the most broken thing in the current game.

Easily in line with Kangaroo spam back in Coh1 if you ask me.

thinking of the autowin button that coh2's original tiger ace call-in was, coh3's ez8 looks like a joke (which is good for coh3 in comparison, of course)
24 Jun 2023, 17:30 PM

@ dasheepeh & OKSpitfire: you would undoubtedly assist your cause if you stated which parts of the game particularly concerned you. i.e. 1v1 or team games.

no, it wouldn't in my case

to me, the game feels bland and lifeless regardless of the gamemode

i do not take issue with particular gamemodes or game mechanics (here), i take issue with the overall feel and vibe of the game
24 Jun 2023, 17:30 PM

It twoshots Stoßtruppen and weapon teams, can almost take on Panthers and does not require tech. It is the most broken thing in the current game.

Easily in line with Kangaroo spam back in Coh1 if you ask me.

Tiger ace, Old soviet industry, luftwaffe, Overwatch (the instant HQ death), Old sturmtiger (Outranges you and shots from FOW GL dealing with that), Ostruppen (Soviets were literally unplayable for an entire year)

etc etc
24 Jun 2023, 17:55 PM

Although CoH2 at statr was wildly unbalanced at the start of the game, it was incredibly fun. My friends and I got so many tons of adrenaline from the imbalance when you play against a obviously stronger factions (and the score 0-1 was not uncommon) that I could not sleep after the games (which was at night after work), the adrenaline simply did not let me sleep. What I see in CoH3 is so boring that I can't watch the stream for more than five minutes. Because sometimes balance doesn't equal fun.

The first two or three years of the game were perhaps one of the best for me, although there was no balance, but it was incredibly bloody, interesting and adrenaline.

Yeah I do know where you're coming from. As frustrating as imbalance can be, it can also make the wins that much more satisfying. Even more recently some of my most fun coh2 games are playing off-meta and somehow winning against meta abuse. Usually goes the wrong way for me, but when it doesn't it's a grand old time
24 Jun 2023, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2023, 13:34 PMmaritn

I have no idea why this argument keeps coming up more than four months after release. The release state of CoH2 has nothing to do with the release state of CoH3. Why? Because today we have 3 options if we want to play CoH:
1. Play CoH in its CURRENT STATE.
2. Play CoH2 in its CURRENT STATE.
3. Play CoH3 in its CURRENT STATE.

CoH3 can only be compared to CoH2 how it is now. And no, a bad release in the past is no justification for a bad release today.

Absolutely. +1 to all points.
24 Jun 2023, 18:43 PM

Yeah I do know where you're coming from. As frustrating as imbalance can be, it can also make the wins that much more satisfying. Even more recently some of my most fun coh2 games are playing off-meta and somehow winning against meta abuse. Usually goes the wrong way for me, but when it doesn't it's a grand old time

Imagine Pripyat, the enemy calls for an Elephant on the central island. It's 1000% OP shit and auto-win, but the enemy loses the match. It accompanies with so much swearing and insults that it causes an inexhaustible amount of adrenaline, fun and enjoyment. How many screams and courage with a friend to win this auto-win

And looking at СoH3 I see dull, boring masturbation. Relic hired dudes from 1vs1 tournaments who made the game for themselves. 1v1 tournament. The result is minimal online.
24 Jun 2023, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2023, 13:34 PMmaritn

I have no idea why this argument keeps coming up more than four months after release. The release state of CoH2 has nothing to do with the release state of CoH3. Why? Because today we have 3 options if we want to play CoH:
1. Play CoH in its CURRENT STATE.
2. Play CoH2 in its CURRENT STATE.
3. Play CoH3 in its CURRENT STATE.

CoH3 can only be compared to CoH2 how it is now. And no, a bad release in the past is no justification for a bad release today.

The argument came from coh3 "haters" who started to compare each game forgetting one game has years for balancing.

Purely gameplay speaking Coh3 is on a better state than coh2, the game is way more dynamic and the issues the game as on this point are less impacting than coh2 issues on the current version.

Now the game miss many multiplayer assets and we're waiting for them to be implemented.
24 Jun 2023, 23:05 PM

Coh3 issues are clearly effecting it more than coh2s issues are. The statistics demonstrate that clearly

Coh3s sales weren't bad at all and yet the current players is just abysmally low. It doesn't matter if you compare coh3 to coh2 now or to coh2 for the few months after it's launch, 2 is doing better in both cases

If the difference was small you could chalk it up to any number of things, including skill issues. But it isn't. It's a fucking grand canyon of difference, and that points to much bigger problems than some people want to admit
25 Jun 2023, 01:54 AM

Coh3 issues are clearly effecting it more than coh2s issues are. The statistics demonstrate that clearly

Coh3s sales weren't bad at all and yet the current players is just abysmally low. It doesn't matter if you compare coh3 to coh2 now or to coh2 for the few months after it's launch, 2 is doing better in both cases

If the difference was small you could chalk it up to any number of things, including skill issues. But it isn't. It's a fucking grand canyon of difference, and that points to much bigger problems than some people want to admit

This is what worries me the most.
On the surface if you look at the stats/reviews/enthusiasm it's not good a few months after release
If you look at coh2 reviews on steam, they're mostly positive on average and in recent reviews.
If you look at coh3 reviews on steam, they're mixed on average and mostly negative in recent reviews.

Clearly something's wrong with the game to most people.
25 Jun 2023, 06:20 AM

My problem with coh3 is how relic seems to be sitting on their asses as if everything is 9/10 right now.

I give them until july to give us a more concrete roadmap. They said they are regrouping now.

We shall see how their new management shake things up.
25 Jun 2023, 11:52 AM

Interesting that the poll in the OP was mostly started out as YES FOR NOW dominated but has been slowly balancing out.
25 Jun 2023, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2023, 11:52 AMRosbone
Interesting that the poll in the OP was mostly started out as YES FOR NOW dominated but has been slowly balancing out.

Which is incredibly surprising. The last decade of the gaming industry has taught people nothing. Either they are very naive or very stupid. I don't know exactly what.
25 Jun 2023, 12:10 PM

Which is incredibly surprising. The last decade of the gaming industry has taught people nothing. Either they are very naive or very stupid. I don't know exactly what.

Wait, you think its THOSE people who are naive? Not the people who expected COH 2 level balance and content, right out the gate? Hahaha.
25 Jun 2023, 12:24 PM

Wait, you think its THOSE people who are naive? Not the people who expected COH 2 level balance and content, right out the gate? Hahaha.

I immediately did not expect something sane and interesting from CoH3, and so it happened.

If the studio starts to create its product, it gets worse and worse every time. Why are you expecting something special? DICE has already shown the degradation of the Battlefield series: BF1, BF5, BF2042 got worse and worse. Relic is no better in this regard. CoH2 (with poor campaign, but decent multiplayer). DoW3 and now CoH3. Where does such naivete come from?
25 Jun 2023, 12:38 PM

Nice strawman. It's a cope to convince yourself that everyone who takes issue with CoH 3 expected it to have all the same amount of commanders and balance as CoH 2. It's more reasonable to believe they expected it to have a replay system, no placeholder assets, player nameplates, and in my case, more than two maps for a gamemode, and so on.

It's not a good way to do business to recuse a company from wrongdoing because "oh, they did it in the past". Like if a state were to reimplement a policy of removing an ethnic group from this mortal coil, but they do less than last time; "Oh it's fine because last time it was way worse". Well how about it doesn't happen in the first place? That's preferable I think. But maybe I'm old school.
25 Jun 2023, 13:05 PM

Nice strawman. It's a cope to convince yourself that everyone who takes issue with CoH 3 expected it to have all the same amount of commanders and balance as CoH 2.

LOL. I'm the one making a strawman? Are you some sort of mind reader? I've never said anything close to 'everyone who takes issue with CoH 3 expected it to have all the same amount of commanders and balance as CoH 2.' There's a post of mine in this very thread stating that I think there's loads wrong with the game and that it isn't acceptable. Where on earth did you get all of that from?

We deserved a better, much more polished and complete game on release. But this game is developed by Relic. Do you understand what that means? Should some of us not be surprised that it is unfinished, just like the last one? Are we not allowed to reasonably adjust our expectations based on their track record? Do you honestly find it that surprising that the game is not at the level of CoH 2 after 10 years of balance and additions? Because there's a word for the people who are surprised by that, and it isn't 'old school'.
25 Jun 2023, 13:06 PM

Who expected this? Can you provide a single example of someone saying this?

Once again compare coh3 to coh2 at the same point after their releases. Coh2s playerbase was nowhere near this low 4 months after it's release, and the balance there was pretty terrible too

It's clearly got very little to do with balance
25 Jun 2023, 13:12 PM

I immediately did not expect something sane and interesting from CoH3, and so it happened.

If the studio starts to create its product, it gets worse and worse every time. Why are you expecting something special? DICE has already shown the degradation of the Battlefield series: BF1, BF5, BF2042 got worse and worse. Relic is no better in this regard. CoH2 (with poor campaign, but decent multiplayer). DoW3 and now CoH3. Where does such naivete come from?

I completely agree with you on that point Crecer. I just think that given what we know about the studio, the people who expected them to be able release a highly polished game with lots of content, on release, are naive.
25 Jun 2023, 13:25 PM

Who expected this? Can you provide a single example of someone saying this?

Once again compare coh3 to coh2 at the same point after their releases. Coh2s playerbase was nowhere near this low 4 months after it's release, and the balance there was pretty terrible too

It's clearly got very little to do with balance

Balance probably isn't even the main issue, I guess. Poorly worded by me. It's content, more than anything else. Content and missing features that should have been there from the beginning. People would be far less annoyed with poor balance if they had a lot more maps, commanders, replays and everything else.

No, I can't give you a single direct quote of anyone expressly saying that they expected the exact same level of polish and content. I suppose the point was directed more at the people who like to conveniently ignore the state of the second game on release and enjoy comparing that game as it is now, to COH 3.

I'm really not excusing it. I just doesn't surprise me.
25 Jun 2023, 15:10 PM

LOL. I'm the one making a strawman?

We deserved a better, much more polished and complete game on release. But this game is developed by Relic. Do you understand what that means? Should some of us not be surprised that it is unfinished, just like the last one? Are we not allowed to reasonably adjust our expectations based on their track record?

Yes, you literally presented the situation as: expecting more than two maps was equivalent to expecting 2023 COH2 amount of maps, or being naive with COH3 expectations.

Also, Relic's opinion:
"The legendary strategy franchise is back! Bigger and better than ever, Company of Heroes 3"

This second excuse is valid. You might have the correct expectations and predictions on the product. But that doesn't mean it is a good product now, you just knew it will roll out as early-access version which will take 1 year to get into that "Positive" review average.

People can be wrong to expect a better product, they don't know the history or aren't doing research, but they aren't wrong to review it as unfinished/negative/disappointing.

My problem is with the people who review the game based on its future potential. I will gladly amend my opinion, admit that the game is good now, applaud developers who listen and work hard, invite people to play with, but not earlier, and definitely not with Relic who already scuttled DOW3.

+ There is a path through early-access. Honest way to release unfinished games, collect revenue and grow them as you expand. I have read enough arguments which suggest that Relic had no other choice but to release the game. Relic lied to us and that always makes it worse: people come with inflated expectations of a good "bigger and better than ever" product, and they crash against the reality of early-access "we hear ya".

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS