Login

russian armor

Relic is in trouble - 121 employees fired

PAGES (10)down
25 May 2023, 21:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 19:41 PMGdot

Side note: To the people shitting on Nigo for putting up AE or Ami for community outreach. I am in no way a big fan of AE but to say the guy hasn't put in the work and done a great job considering the resources he has is an absolute fantoschmuck. Both of them did a TON for this community and it cannot be discounted.

Thanks Gdot.
26 May 2023, 01:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 15:24 PMRosbone
It seems like some layoffs after a big project is normal. But seeing cuts into management says some are not normal. And it is all so sad because the game was so close to being good.

If I was a Relican, I would have been pulling 12 hour days once the release was delayed. And I would have made sure the game was ready. And that is the hard part now. I know for a fact anyone of us here could get this game up to snuff in a couple weeks. But here we sit, 3 months in and its still a mess.

And now there is nothing we can do to help. We have to sit and watch this autistic child paint the Sistene Chapel all by himself.

https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/1457767199540584451?lang=en

getting these types of awards is probably mutually exclusive with working 12 hour days for a delay, unfortunately. crunch culture really seemed to get crunched the last few years, or at least it seems so at times.
26 May 2023, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 19:07 PMSmartie

We will make the CoH2 single player campaign historical
Sorry for writing that off topic stuff but Russians still seem to ignore the fact that the Red Army was more brutal to it's own soldiers than any other army in WW2. It was bad in CoH2's campaign that the Red Army were ONLY shown in a negative way while Western Allies were the big heroes in CoH although the never had to fight against prime Wehrmacht like the Red Army.
BUt that does not mean that the Red Army was flawless, far from it. And Russians did not seem to accept that the SU had a lot of dirt on their fingers - because the WW2 seem still to start in 1941 (Great Patriotic WAr) for the SU although the made pact with Hitler in 1939, killed ten of thousands of the polish elite, invaded Finland and the BAtlic states. Before the SU was the victim of the german war of annihilation it was an aggressor. And millions of brave soviet soliders could have survived the war without the bad leadership.

You'll get a pretty sanitised version out of Crecer, Smartie.
26 May 2023, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2023, 01:49 AMKoRneY

https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/1457767199540584451?lang=en

getting these types of awards is probably mutually exclusive with working 12 hour days for a delay, unfortunately. crunch culture really seemed to get crunched the last few years, or at least it seems so at times.

lazy woke culture partly caused the inefficiency with coh3 dev, too many missing basic features with so many staffers, discussing too much on diversity and representation i betcha!

that must be why fats are cut now

26 May 2023, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2023, 09:48 AMmrgame2

lazy woke culture partly caused the inefficiency with coh3 dev, too many missing basic features with so many staffers, discussing too much on diversity and representation i betcha!

that must be why fats are cut now

Isn't it much more likely that one, or several people in key positions just weren't up to the job at hand? 'Woke Culture' feels a bit too convenient. I'm sure plenty of studios and other similar industries lean in this direction ideologically but the people involved can still, on the whole, do their jobs.

26 May 2023, 10:03 AM
Benefactor 115

The "SJWs are making our games bad" is some of the most severe case of brain worms I've seen in this scene lol.

26 May 2023, 10:19 AM

Isn't it much more likely that one, or several people in key positions just weren't up to the job at hand? 'Woke Culture' feels a bit too convenient. I'm sure plenty of studios and other similar industries lean in this direction ideologically but the people involved can still, on the whole, do their jobs.

Go through Relics own twitter feed.
At least a handful of employees got the job, because they had vaginas, not required skill and experience level.
26 May 2023, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2023, 10:19 AMKatitof

Go through Relics own twitter feed.
At least a handful of employees got the job, because they had vaginas, not required skill and experience level.

Wait, there's literal proof on Relic's twitter feed that several people got their jobs working on the game based soley on the fact that they have vaginas? OK, I take it back.
26 May 2023, 10:39 AM

It is both and many other inefficiencies.

We have seen crazy SJW now wasting dev time with their hissy drama about no boobs on female characters!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GGdiscussion/comments/opkvca/twitter_thread_about_an_argument_within_insomniac/

The game director and art director wanted her to have a visibly, fairly stereotypically feminine look.

The lead writer, the lead character TD, and I wanted to keep her as-is.
This is where things get into territory that men like myself in gamedev need to pay REALLY f***ING CLOSE ATTENTION.

1. It went against the message of the game, which is that anyone can be a hero regardless of how they look
2. You don't need to be stereotypically feminine to be a woman
3. RIVET IS A f***ING ALIEN SPACE FOX, JUST LIKE RATCHET
The argument had been going on for about half an hour before I finally pulled one of the framed Ratchet and Clank posters down from the wall, put it in front of both leads, and told them to look at the damn thing and tell me how much Ratchet looked like a human man.
The argument largely petered out after that point, with all parties leaving incredibly frustrated, and myself leaving the company a few weeks later.
26 May 2023, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2023, 10:39 AMmrgame2

We have seen crazy SJW now wasting dev time with their hissy drama about no boobs on female characters!

Believe me, I completely agree that that stuff is really, really silly. Changing things about beloved franchises just to please to a tiny minory of very loud, entitled cry-babies is a universally terrible idea.

I did notice in several reviews of COH 3, the 'journalist' or someone higher up felt the need to include a completely unncessary, pearl clutching paragraph, explaining to me that Rommel was a 'controversial figure' and that they didn't always feel entirely comfortable playing as the 'bad guys'.

No shit sherlock, the premise of the game is that its based on a real-life, horrifc world war. Grow up or play something else.
26 May 2023, 19:27 PM

The "SJWs are making our games bad" is some of the most severe case of brain worms I've seen in this scene lol.

Negative: release of BF5, Last of Us 2 (MMA fighter simulation)
Positive: Horizon Zero Dawn

26 May 2023, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2023, 10:39 AMmrgame2

Yeah, the story is basically about two groups of SJWs arguing over which portrayal of Rivet would be the most "female empowering".

From the Reddit post:
The lead writer was a woman. The lead character TD was a trans person who, at the time, had not transitioned.

Everyone else in the discussion was a white cis male.

At the time the argument occurred, there were two women and one female-presenting trans person on the team. That trans person had lived their life up to that point as a woman, and had the lived experience thereof.

Everyone else on the 20+ person team was a man.

More from the author:
...Fellow men, we're all part of the problem. As a white man in the game industry, I enjoy a ton of privilege, and that also makes me part of the system that causes the issues we see at places like Blizzard.

We all share responsibility.

But just because we're part of the problem doesn't mean we can't take action to remedy it. A systemic problem can be changed by people in the system changing how they behave.

We can help fix the system by making changes in how we behave.

You're in the system. You're part of it whether or not you want to be.

Change how you act, react, and how you move forward.

That's how you help. Change yourself to help fix the problem.

Call out bad behavior. Give people room. Listen.

Also, for the love of god, don't brand yourself as "one of the good ones."

You're not. I'm not...

SJWs are making our games. Whether that's bad or not is a decision the player makes.
27 May 2023, 08:44 AM

SJWs are making our games.

That is simply false. Companies make games and not a specific group of people.

Whether that's bad or not is a decision the player makes.

That is completely arbitrary attempt to create a connection where there is little to non. It like claiming "Canadian people made COH3, whether that's bad or not is a decision the player makes".
27 May 2023, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2023, 08:44 AMVipper

That is simply false. Companies make games and not a specific group of people.

Keep fucking dreaming.

https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/1633606346477273089?s=20

https://www.ea.com/commitments/inclusion-and-diversity

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/about-us/diversity-inclusion

https://www.dice.com/career-advice/activision-blizzard-faces-diversity-hiring-controversy

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/diversity/program/

List goes on, and on, and on, and on.

Clown people are making our games on the "west".
Meritocracy is dead in western AAA gaming.

This is specifically why we have social messages constantly inserted into everything coming from western AAA and this is why everything is shit at release and ends up as shit abandonware within 1 year despite promisses of "years of support".

Canada and US are completely obsessed and overtaken by these movements, entertainment and big tech is especially overrun and guess where all these AAA publishers and developers have their HQs located?
27 May 2023, 10:24 AM

I mean, besides the fact that they were asking you in a poll that you are women with a dick, nothing shows that relic are SJW or something. If you want example of true SJW look at EA\Ubisoft, Relic just follows social corporate trend saying that they are diverse and so on, yet without any commitment or dedication to that.

They might post something about women or about whole diversity, but as a matter of fact if you look at the list of devs aera posted, relic devs majority are males with western names.

Not to mention even black zooka team from pre-alpha was replaced with white soldiers models, because people complained that its not HISTORICALLY ACCURATE and blacks were segregated, at least I think its the case. Also game\campaing doesn't have any of any SJW motives.

So while whole topic of radical nazi-SJW are ruining a lot of industries, it has nothing to do with CoH3 and its problems. I mean even shemale with an identity of the attack helicopter can understand that shitty assets are shitty assets and require fixing, and standard functionality for RTS is needed.

Shitty games are shitty games regardless if they are SJW or not. If you look closely all this diversity usually just makes the context of the games cringe, but even the most fucked up person can produce quality product.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight