Login

russian armor

Relic is in trouble - 121 employees fired

PAGES (10)down
25 May 2023, 15:14 PM

Then I'll meet him here.:welcome:

My man!
25 May 2023, 15:24 PM

It seems like some layoffs after a big project is normal. But seeing cuts into management says some are not normal. And it is all so sad because the game was so close to being good.

If I was a Relican, I would have been pulling 12 hour days once the release was delayed. And I would have made sure the game was ready. And that is the hard part now. I know for a fact anyone of us here could get this game up to snuff in a couple weeks. But here we sit, 3 months in and its still a mess.

And now there is nothing we can do to help. We have to sit and watch this autistic child paint the Sistene Chapel all by himself.
25 May 2023, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 15:24 PMRosbone

And now there is nothing we can do to help. We have to sit and watch this autistic child paint the Sistene Chapel all by himself.

Thanks Rosbone, just made me inhale my tea through my nose laughing.
25 May 2023, 17:00 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 15:24 PMRosbone
It seems like some layoffs after a big project is normal. But seeing cuts into management says some are not normal. And it is all so sad because the game was so close to being good.

If I was a Relican, I would have been pulling 12 hour days once the release was delayed. And I would have made sure the game was ready. And that is the hard part now. I know for a fact anyone of us here could get this game up to snuff in a couple weeks. But here we sit, 3 months in and its still a mess.

Brilliant comment. Feel the same. And despite his autism its just a few strokes away from finishing. But he just doesnt get it done... painful to watch.
25 May 2023, 17:06 PM

It's not even the Sistine Chapel, it's more like one of those modern art pieces where one person says they see a brooding meditation on the finite nature of existence and I see a canvas that a Dr. Seuss character sneezed on.
25 May 2023, 17:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It's not even the Sistine Chapel, it's more like one of those modern art pieces where one person says they see a brooding meditation on the finite nature of existence and I see a canvas that a Dr. Seuss character sneezed on.

Or even Tracey Emin's Unmade bed?
25 May 2023, 17:28 PM

Brilliant comment. Feel the same. And despite his autism its just a few strokes away from finishing. But he just doesnt get it done... painful to watch.

Yes, Rosbone nailed it.Next week's announcement is the most important announcement in CoH history. They just have to nail it. For me personally the first step back of the great CoH comeback would be honesty. PLs no pr bs talk. Just be transparent and finally stick to the faults (Missing stuff).
This game really don't need much to be really good. Enough is said, talked and writen. Relic should excactly know what the community wants. Just do it!
- Give the CoH3 team the resources it needs to turn things around and to finally release the missing stuff
- Release monthly balance updates even if they are small
- Finally solve the issue with community maps
- Send Bacon every help he can get to design new maps

25 May 2023, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 06:20 AMmrgame2
Is iron harvest a good time sink? I need a backup when coh3 folds in 6 months. As lonely old gamer manning my boring shop, i go back home to play coh2 regularly. It helps to sharpen my mind and dexterity, but i see an end of an era. I am loss which time sink to switch over?

I hear Diablo4 is coming but it is too clicky and monotone IIRC

Iron Harvest is not fun in PVP. CoH3 seems to have imported TTK from IH and the mecha late game units are usually as slow as paint dries so it's not a very dynamic MP experience.

The PvE and campaign is good, though. From what I've heard.
25 May 2023, 18:35 PM
25 May 2023, 18:40 PM

Words are cheap when your job is on the line.
25 May 2023, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 18:35 PMnigo

John preaching copium.
25 May 2023, 18:54 PM

- We will dedicate the second part of the game entirely to the Eastern Front - lie
- We will make the CoH2 single player campaign historical - lie
- We will never add M26 Pershing to CoH2 - lie
- Historicity is important to us in CoH3 - Black Prince

This is just what I remembered in a minute, there must have been other examples. But in general, I perfectly see the price of Relic's words.
25 May 2023, 19:06 PM
Donator 11

Given the context and the specific comparison, this is good to hear.
25 May 2023, 19:07 PM

Alright, lets wait for the final announcement.

Wishlist:
• All store content frozen and delayed indefinitely until the playerbase rebounds to CoH2 levels
• 1 map per month starting from June
• Battlegroups every second month
• Working on the two faction Expansion for multiplayer, campaign not in-development
• Confirmed quality of life features such as leaver punishments, spectate, replays, real matchmaker incentives.
• Acknowledgement that the launch state and content of this game is poor, community concerns weren't taken into account.

Expectations:
• We hear ya, monitoring feedback, community is our priority
• We are not not not NOT DOW3'ing COH3, committed to CoH3 future
• The new bridge map is coming, at least two more maps in the future someday
• Some vague balance change directions
• Layoffs have no effect on CoH3, now half the CoH team members will do double the work, twice as fast, and even superior quality.
• Expansions in development but nothing concrete
25 May 2023, 19:07 PM

- We will dedicate the second part of the game entirely to the Eastern Front - lie

This is just what I remembered in a minute, there must have been other examples. But in general, I perfectly see the price of Relic's words.

We will make the CoH2 single player campaign historical
Sorry for writing that off topic stuff but Russians still seem to ignore the fact that the Red Army was more brutal to it's own soldiers than any other army in WW2. It was bad in CoH2's campaign that the Red Army were ONLY shown in a negative way while Western Allies were the big heroes in CoH although the never had to fight against prime Wehrmacht like the Red Army.
BUt that does not mean that the Red Army was flawless, far from it. And Russians did not seem to accept that the SU had a lot of dirt on their fingers - because the WW2 seem still to start in 1941 (Great Patriotic WAr) for the SU although the made pact with Hitler in 1939, killed ten of thousands of the polish elite, invaded Finland and the BAtlic states. Before the SU was the victim of the german war of annihilation it was an aggressor. And millions of brave soviet soliders could have survived the war without the bad leadership.
25 May 2023, 19:10 PM
Donator 11

Man, this is such a bad comparison mate. I see a huge difference in the vague debateable issues listed above and dropping a title entirely.

This constant negative exageration is contributing to the difficulties of the launch. Not a fan of your post.
25 May 2023, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2023, 19:07 PMSmartie

We will make the CoH2 single player campaign historical
Sorry for writing that off topic stuff but Russians still seem to ignore the fact that the Red Army was more brutal to it's own soldiers than any other army in WW2. It was bad in CoH2's campaign that the Red Army were ONLY shown in a negative way while Western Allies were the big heroes in CoH although the never had to fight against prime Wehrmacht like the Red Army.
BUt that does not mean that the Red Army was flawless, far from it. And Russians did not seem to accept that the SU had a lot of dirt on their fingers - because the WW2 seem still to start in 1941 (Great Patriotic WAr) for the SU although the made pact with Hitler in 1939, killed ten of thousands of the polish elite, invaded Finland and the BAtlic states. Before the SU was the victim of the german war of annihilation it was an aggressor. And millions of brave soviet soliders could have survived the war without the bad leadership.

I'm not going to debate with you about politics and how the Allies abandoned Czechoslovakia and the USSR at that time offered help. Poland invaded Czechoslovakia together with Germany and threatened war in case of any help to Czechoslovakia from the USSR. About how the USSR offered France and Britain a triple alliance that could change history twice. And blah blah blah and all that

The CoH2 company is propaganda, propaganda that the soldiers were cowards, they did not want to fight, but the evil Soviets forced them out of fear of being shot and order 227. And reinforcing their propaganda with false quotes from real generals who allegedly - we fought because of order 227 (Chuikov, who was supporters of order 227 and a tough commander), I am a patriot but I made a mistake and the government drove people into a meat grinder (Malinovsky about his stay at the front of the First World War). Which again, I repeat, is a criminal offense - Defamation.
25 May 2023, 19:34 PM

Realistically speaking, if we imagine that they will continue to support the game and abandonment isn't an option, after hire-up were fired and considering the last survey (what a coincidence layoffs after survey, and the most people were fired from departments related to the areas which probably majority of players calling bad), they will probably just go full 180 and try to please people.

Since you know, game would have new audio team, new art team and new team lead, so not bad over-all. Unless like people who is even worst then previous ones end up in a leading positions, its even good to some extend.
25 May 2023, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2023, 17:51 PMnigo
Sturmtiger Cobra was right all the time.

https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/1661060864651452416

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/13pvaw8/about_todays_message_from_relic/

Yes he was. ESG investing is DYING and the age of free money is OVERRRRRRR.

The pied piper is calling and all debts must come due.

You will see more and more of this. Companies will now have to actually produce. No more diluting shares to raise capital. No more interest free money on loans. Adult day cares will be closing and you may actually have to produce for your compensation. No one likes to see people lose jobs but no one is entitled to a job. Relic didn't feel the fire under them and coasted on the laurels of those who came before them and you the consumer being naive. You reap what you sow.

Hiring should never be based upon your race, gender or sexual preference, even if Fantoschmuck, Gunther, Wuff and others tell you differently.

https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/1633606346477273089?s=20

Were they looking to hire the best and brightest from the school? Maybe open some new doors to meet some talented artists with a bright future? NOPE. Partnerships went out based on gender and sexual preference.

The warning signs were there, if you were willing to see them.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/111404/discussion-current-state-of-tournaments/page/2#post_id895944

How many of these employees were hired for their talents or production value?

https://www.coh2.org/topic/110948/title/post/895584

Just another example of how ESG investing has helped destroy something great.

Side note: To the people shitting on Nigo for putting up AE or Ami for community outreach. I am in no way a big fan of AE but to say the guy hasn't put in the work and done a great job considering the resources he has is an absolute fantoschmuck. Both of them did a TON for this community and it cannot be discounted.
25 May 2023, 19:47 PM

Invasion of Czechoslovakia, the pact between Germany and Poland - "Bliezinki-Ribbentrop Pact", to divide and conquer Europe starts the WW2, in which USSR tries to form the alliance with UK and France, in the attempt to contain the aggressors and preserve the peace.

What is more realistic, Iron Harvest or alt-history lessons on this board.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS