Login

russian armor

Discussion - Current state of Tournaments

14 May 2023, 14:27 PM

In CoH3, Relic replaced this with -50% received damage, which leads to these immersion breaking scenarios where squads can eat a nuclear explosion to the face

This is not true. Squads in CoH3 cant eat nukes, most tanks still one shot retreating models unless its a LV\light tank. Airstikes\Call-in arty\flame also reliably kill retreating units.

On the other hand -50% damage reduction makes retreating squads almost invulnerable to bolt-action rifles, standart nades and even SMG squads have to pretty much camp retreat path to wipe squads. And if retreating squad has more then like 10% health\2 models you might not even bother trying to wipe it with inf, aswell as if squad is retreating from face to face engagement.
14 May 2023, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2023, 14:27 PMKatitof

Something tells me they do not give a shit about us and expect genderfluid gen-z zoomers to be interested in a dying genre in historical settings they know nothing about nor are interested in.

I would love to just shit talk or talk out of my ass here, but that last survey questions are extremely telling.

They didn't even had "gaming" listed on their hobby list, they give no fuck about gamers. We're drones for them who supposedly swallow every shit they throw at as, because we're "hardcore fans" and there is no need to appease us.

Why would they ask whether gaming is your hobby in a survey about a video game? That's a given. Obviously they are only gonna ask about other hobbies. Stop pretending this is a culture war problem or a generational problem. Yes they are woke but connecting that to CoH3's failure is more than a stretch, no amount of schizophrenic Cobra posts will change that.
14 May 2023, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2023, 15:40 PMGiaA
Yes they are woke...

Well at least you can admit it lol. Some people on here can't even go that far.

...but connecting that to CoH3's failure is more than a stretch...

It's not solely wokeness. Primarily it's most likely just modern AAA gaming where the devs are expected to shit something out ASAP for a deadline in order to make returns to shareholders, and then patch it later. The woke hiring practices to hit ESG quotas most likely don't help.
14 May 2023, 18:31 PM
Benefactor 115

I just think the scene needs to be realistic in its expectations.

The game will probably get to CoH2 levels or a bit better in a few years time.

You're not getting SC2 sized competitive scenes because the genre really needs a kick up the butt and the WW2 setting just isn't that popular.

The "woke" stuff isn't why people aren't playing the game right now, most people play single player and they are done with the campaign and the multiplayer just isn't enjoyable enough for most people who bought at launch.

15 May 2023, 06:01 AM
Patrion 14

I have no idea why this discussion has devolved into relic's wokeness, there is literally nothing in the game, especially in multiplayer that you can really point to as 'woke.'

Onto the actual discussion, I think COH3 has a solid gameplay core. At first, I was not happy with the changes to match length, and I still am not 100% on board, but it is nice to play matches that don't get dragged 20+ minutes even though one team is obviously out of their skill level.

In terms of the way units interact, I like most all of the changes, but would like to see some slight more lethality for infantry units out of cover against other small arms. I like that tanks take on average 5 hits to kill now, and that light vehicles have far more use in the lategame (especially units like the 8rad and chaffee being good enough to justify purchasing them in the lategame.)

What I think is really holding the game back right now is lack of content, and lack of polish. Lack of content is the number one issue IMO, as people coming over from COH2 have been used to 5 factions each with at least 7 doctrines each and a plethora of maps per gamemode. Having only 2-3 maps per gamemode is a serious flaw in COH3, and one that should be rectified as soon as possible, even if it means adding community maps. COH2 had the same issue early on (anyone remember steppes being the only 4v4 map for 3-4 months?), and it similarly caused a great decrease in playerbase. People are just bored, they feel like they have completely played the game, and are now sitting back and waiting for new stuff.

Polish I believe is also very important, and there are a few bugs in coh3 that are common and do a lot to add to the feeling that COH3 is an unfinished game. Seeing squads walking around with magic guns that float 3 meters behind them, or squads getting stuck when attempting to breach, are common enough occurences that players run into them often, and each time they do it reminds them of the poor state of the game. Common bugs and simple laziness like missing unit icons need to get ironed out sooner than later.
15 May 2023, 08:10 AM

I have no idea why this discussion has devolved into relic's wokeness, there is literally nothing in the game, especially in multiplayer that you can really point to as 'woke.'

There does not need to be anything in game really.

Relic hiring for diversity instead of merit alone can impact quality of the game in extremely negative way and since they are canada based, which is one of the most obsessed countries on the planet regarding that, I can assure you, they are wasting a lot of time on that bullshit they could have dedicated to improving the game itself.
15 May 2023, 13:40 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2023, 08:10 AMKatitof

Relic hiring for diversity instead of merit alone can impact quality of the game in extremely negative way and since they are canada based, which is one of the most obsessed countries on the planet regarding that, I can assure you, they are wasting a lot of time on that bullshit they could have dedicated to improving the game itself.

Ah, so its just right wingers yelling at clouds, I gotcha.
15 May 2023, 19:02 PM

Ah, so its just right wingers yelling at clouds, I gotcha.

Lol right? Did I miss something where most of the front facing team members aren't former COH players and community balance team members. It's not like the game designers are a stock photo on a college recruitment poster of diversity that we've never seen before and have no qualifications.

Yes the player survey was pretty cringe but that's boilerplate corporate PC language these days. It's not like DEVM and Tarnation are wasting a week compiling a list of every gender identity ever for the survey.
15 May 2023, 19:23 PM

The problem is clearly management-based, and it has very little to do with "woke" bullshit, which is strictly surface-level virtue signaling anyways, and more to do with the company's leaders abiding by a playbook that works extremely well in non-entertainment/arts-derived industries.
18 May 2023, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2023, 12:25 PMKatitof

I do agree that TTK does feel very good for both, vehicles and infantry(tho some SMG ones could either take less dmg or dish out a bit more), but what's the issue you see with retreat one? Too durable? Too fragile?.

Durability primarily, I've found that its incredibly hard to punish units that overextend, or even bothering to focus fire retreating units in the first place, which makes the edge case units that absolutely destroy on retreat (currently the dak 8rad with mg upgrade, riflemen with bars) absurdly strong while making everything else look awful.
20 May 2023, 21:47 PM

Durability primarily, I've found that its incredibly hard to punish units that overextend, or even bothering to focus fire retreating units in the first place, which makes the edge case units that absolutely destroy on retreat (currently the dak 8rad with mg upgrade, riflemen with bars) absurdly strong while making everything else look awful.

I find that to be faction specific.
Overextend against wehr? Pff, so what.
Overextend against recon tommies? You've lost that squad, whatever it was.
I'd argue the retreat modifiers make rapid firing direct weapons much more deadly for retreat kills in general rather then these edge cases really shining, even that 8rad needs to chase for considerable time before making a kill on relatively healthy last model or two.
22 May 2023, 23:12 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2023, 08:10 AMKatitof

Congrats on asking tough questions.
This US/British corporate empire is living beyond its means and will likely face a financial collapse, soon rather than later.

There is no way to sugarcoat this.
Corporate cartels such as big tech, big pharma, big banking and the war profiteers have hijacked North America.
The only question remains if the US military is able and willing to do its job and prevent a chaotic civil war/secession.

Watch this clip from Network;

As the saying goes;
The sun never sets on the British Empire as We The Corporations.
23 May 2023, 00:45 AM

So just to get back on topic, what's the word on CoH 3 tournaments?
23 May 2023, 02:17 AM

COH2 Tournaments. 2v2 to be exact 😎
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight