Login

russian armor

Operation Sapphire Jackal

29 Mar 2023, 07:20 AM

Why did they not add new portraits to go along with the cosmetics skins you buy for your units? It looks unfinished when it comes to the mogs
29 Mar 2023, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2023, 06:30 AMKatitof

Name me a single multiplayer game that actually was ready for release over last 10 years.

Grounded
Fortnite
Deep Rock Galactic
Apex Legends
Temtem
Genshin Impact
Valorant
Legends of Runeterra
Marvel Snap

There are games like Overwatch 2, Valheim or Multiversus that are still technically not fully released.

Oh the list is great. There is a pattern: games will always have problems on release. The trick is to call that period something like early-access or open-beta. Not required, but you greatly increase the perception of quality, and shake off a ton of criticism that applies during the first 3-6 months of unofficial release. Relic got lucky game "journalists" are some twats who think that Animal Crossing and Clash of Clans are the equivalent strategy games, so they gave Relic good scores.

Rosbone might be too dramatic, but everybody who rammed their early-access build as official got roasted, and the overwhelming amount of games simply never recovered. The 10 year plans crumble when the Audience is a fraction on what you projected, reviews negative/mixed, and the post-launch monetization makes just enough to cover the janitor's bill.

29 Mar 2023, 10:09 AM

Thing is, its not like un-finished game is a problem. Not even the the fact that some features are missing.

Problem here is that as it is right now, despite relic crying "we listen", game management is like 20000% corporate. With all the drawbacks.

I mean, its pretty clear that people at Relic as it is right now, are working solely for their salaries. Period.

Relic isn't an indie studio, hell, they don't even have open vacancies judging by their site, meaning they have full team.

Yet, you can see people working have close to zero care about project right now or they have some sort of a "road map" they brainlessly follow without doing anything else. This is pretty common practise, for AAA games to follow "first year" plan, but this is only good when the base game is finished, which isnt the case. They really do need to prioritise damage control right now, rather then sticking to their initial plans.

Hell, they cant even write full patch notes, with shadow buffs\nerfs all the time, now all DAK call-ins cost 275MP, yet, this change wasn't mentioned in a patch notes. Same was with previous patch.

They cant fix their god damn icons, which literally takes up to an hour to create new ones and be done with it. Its not the exaggeration, it really takes that long to fix everything, because method of creating icons can be done by pretty much every one, even the one who never worked with it.

CoH3 is very-very solid foundation and kudos to people who actually programmed the base game, but its pretty clear, that people who are in charge of polishing the game is dragging it into the grave, without any reason.

29 Mar 2023, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am really disappointed by now.

Releasing the game half broken, then only minor fixes after one month, followed by a focus on an ingame store that has manipulative selling strategies and accompany this by a token "freemium" system as an excuse just shows that Relic has no interest in releasing a quality game. There's so much stuff missing from the main game, and their focus is on a predatory store.
10-20 Euros for a skin set that allegedly (according to a comment I read, please confirm) does not even work on all vehicles like call ins? Are they serious? A single artist probably shat that out in 1-2 days, which according to Relic is valued at a sixth to a third of a fully released game.
And don't come with excuses of "but you can get stuff with merit by just playing the game!". No you can't. Period. You have to play for what looks like a full week to >maybe< be able to buy a skin for a single pioneer or other unit. It's a system designed to divert criticism. Realistically, you cannot earn those skins at a decent rate.

For me, it went from "highly likely buy later when the worst things have been ironed out" to "don't buy at all". They're trying to pull off their bullshit, I hope the steam reviews drop accordingly. Which luckily seems to be the case, Steam shows only 39% out of 88 reviews as negative, compared to 63% (2200 reviews).

This patch is laughable at best and shows that the planned path for CoH3 seems to be a quick cash grab by Relic.
29 Mar 2023, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2023, 06:30 AMKatitof
Name me a single multiplayer game that actually was ready for release over last 10 years.

Sorry, I dont do side quests from NPCs

j/k On a serious note, I don't play video games so I cant. Coh2 was probably the last video game I will ever seriously play. And I stopped playing Coh2 for 2-3 months. Then played a few games to boost the Coh2 numbers recently and it sucked ass and I hated it.

What was weird is with the reduced number of players I was getting better matched games than before??? I am guessing the only people playing are low ranks like me so it was more balanced.

Between the broken Coh3 campaigns and broken Coh3 kills/stats page, there is no reason for casuals to play this game at all. Yet we have a store.

I cant even complain about the Coh3 stats page because I have never even seen it. I cant. I start the game then /L and the stats page appears for about 1-2 seconds then closes. So until they start displaying kills better and fix the stats page there is no reason for me to even start the game.

It is completely broken and unplayable on release.

29 Mar 2023, 11:23 AM

Releasing the game half broken, then only minor fixes after one month, followed by a focus on an ingame store that has manipulative selling strategies and accompany this by a token "freemium" system as an excuse just shows that Relic has no interest in releasing a quality game. There's so much stuff missing from the main game, and their focus is on a predatory store.
10-20 Euros for a skin set that allegedly (according to a comment I read, please confirm) does not even work on all vehicles like call ins? Are they serious? A single artist probably shat that out in 1-2 days, which according to Relic is valued at a sixth to a third of a fully released game.
And don't come with excuses of "but you can get stuff with merit by just playing the game!". No you can't. Period. You have to play for what looks like a full week to >maybe< be able to buy a skin for a single pioneer or other unit. It's a system designed to divert criticism. Realistically, you cannot earn those skins at a decent rate.

For me, it went from "highly likely buy later when the worst things have been ironed out" to "don't buy at all". They're trying to pull off their bullshit, I hope the steam reviews drop accordingly. Which luckily seems to be the case, Steam shows only 39% out of 88 reviews as negative, compared to 63% (2200 reviews).

This patch is laughable at best and shows that the planned path for CoH3 seems to be a quick cash grab by Relic.

Tbh, Relic under Sega seems to be the same thing Blizzard is under Activision.

Its dead, Jim.
Gone, forever.

The publisher is wearing its empty, drilled out husk as a skinsuit as all the talent is gone, replaced with somewhat competent programmers and completely inept, incompetent leadership with priorities being returns on investment for publisher and investors instead of delivering quality game that would advertise itself.

You know what they say, die young as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
29 Mar 2023, 20:20 PM

I'm gonna say this patch is a disappointment for the multiplayer base, especially teamgames, and I'm hoping a real balance patch along with replays and player names is coming very soon...

But I really don't get where people are coming from with this "they prioritized the store over fixing the game or adding features!", like how exactly do you come to the conclusion that they pulled manpower & resources away from balance patches and features so that they can rush the store out? In fact, it is very likely that it's completely separate teams working on those things.
29 Mar 2023, 20:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

But I really don't get where people are coming from with this "they prioritized the store over fixing the game or adding features!", like how exactly do you come to the conclusion that they pulled manpower & resources away from balance patches and features so that they can rush the store out? In fact, it is very likely that it's completely separate teams working on those things.

Whoever was put on "develop the store" could have been doing some other task. Some engine development, bug squashing, making the interface properly usable, working on proper friend invites and menu features, even making those shield icons and exchanging art that they embarrassingly reused from CoH2 (you don't need any programming or other vast technical skills for that) or whatever they're good at. There's enough missing and wrong in CoH3, they'll find a spot that needs work urgently for any developer in the company. I don't believe that they have a group of devs that have completely finishes their targeted milestones and have no better use than developing the shop.
And even if we stick to your "they're in completely separate teams" argument: Relic knew already half a year ago that the game is not ready and in a poor state. They made their business plan, they decided that the engine, UI, sounds, graphics, art, effects etc are all in good condition and that more money needs to be directed to develop further monetization and hired more people with the additional skill set of developing their shop. Problem is: Few things of the first parts have been well done. Even with this argument: Relic made a shitty business plan, shitty project planning, shitty money allocation. They should have hired anyone else instead the person that finally made the shop. They could have realized this problem surely one year ago, at the very least half a year ago when they realized the game won't be ready for the intended November launch. They did not change any of their plans substantially enough to release a game that you could call finished. If your project planning is so rigid that you cannot reallocate resources to fit your needs half to one year before reaching completion, you're really bad at project planning and really bad at setting correct priorities.
29 Mar 2023, 20:52 PM

They (all PR) will spin the same situation depending on the decision they make:
• We postponed our (Pirate Emporium, Store, First Season, Skins, Paid Content) to focus on the main game and more free content
• Our teams are working hard on all things, we have an exciting update to share from our store/skins/seasons/battelpass team that is working parallel to the other teams

Everything outside hotfixes is being developed months prior to debut. It is very likely that the store content has been finished or 90% finished at release.

It is simply bad optics when your game is sinking, but the highlight of your first major patch is a mtx store. Don't go against the gamers, if they are already negative, just have the foresight to NOT deploy mtx that will further disappoint the playerbase. Even if delaying the store has 0% effect on the other teams fixing the game. You will get your chance to sell content when you fix the game

29 Mar 2023, 20:56 PM

Whoever was put on "develop the store" could have been doing some other task...

The only valid thing Relic could say is that they had code base A ready and that was what was initially released.

Then code base B had the store code in it.

So they were only pushing out small hot fixes from code A until the patch hit (B). Now we are all on Code B so maybe it will be easier to get updates made.

But the stupid decisions they have made so far seem intentional. So they may never get fixed.
29 Mar 2023, 22:03 PM

Even though I doubt that any significant amount of resources was diverted from the gameplay team to implement the store, for sure it took time off the main menu UI devs that could've been used to update the main menu properly. There's still a ton of stuff missing there, besides the arguably poor overal design.

And even though I personally don't think that that's such a big deal, I do feel Relic made a very big PR mistake by pushing the store (which is a bit controversial too on the economic side) while the game is in this bad of a release state. I get that they want to make money, but this seems to be actively hurting the fanbase's perception and reviews and ultimately sales in the long run. Which scares me a bit because the core of the game is fun and has a ton of potential, and I'm sure that Relic will eventually patch this game far beyond CoH2 if they keep supporting it. But if sales stagnate because of bad public reception/reviews caused by this rocky release and follow-up, then they or Sega might just pull the plug early.
29 Mar 2023, 22:08 PM

Even though I doubt that any significant amount of resources was diverted from the gameplay team to implement the store, for sure it took time off the main menu UI devs that could've been used to update the main menu properly. There's still a ton of stuff missing there, besides the arguably poor overal design.

And even though I personally don't think that that's such a big deal, I do feel Relic made a very big PR mistake by pushing the store (which is a bit controversial too on the economic side) while the game is in this bad of a release state. I get that they want to make money, but this seems to be actively hurting the fanbase's perception and reviews and ultimately sales in the long run. Which scares me a bit because the core of the game is fun and has a ton of potential, and I'm sure that Relic will eventually patch this game far beyond CoH2 if they keep supporting it. But if sales stagnate because of bad public reception/reviews caused by this rocky release and follow-up, then they or Sega might just pull the plug early.

yeh true
30 Mar 2023, 04:56 AM

Because, even if its true, you cant say otherwise.

Is it hard to fix icons? No, its not. Yet its not fixed, despite art team was working on the shop. They made few new art accents, but left untouched unfinished ones. Why? Probably majority of the negative attitude from players, included re-used or unfinished assets along other things.

Is it hard to make new maps? Well to some extend, but if Relic had a team dedicated to it, for sure we would have had at least few new maps. Even with bad world editor people already pumping out decently looking map. Yet, nothing. If they dont have ideas or they are afraid about balance, why not remade maps from CoH1\CoH2? We already have re-used maps in CoH3 for different gamemodes, so they could've even make 1 4v4 map and scale it down up to 1v1 if need be. Still would've been better then having bare minimum.

Is it hard to fix game breaking bugs like, MGs getting destroyed in the garrisons, if the gunner gets killed or demo charges destroying the bases? No its not, yet we have 1 million fixes for the SP. Dispute the fact that, probably almost every one who wanted it already finished SP. Its not worth replaying because of the fixes.

Is it hard to fix player colours? Maybe even temporary just removing unique colours in favour of the CoH2 styled ones? Probably not. But there might be no functional to make it in this way right now. Then there is another question. Why was it even released in this state? It was pretty clear during all the testing, that its idea isnt working, people reported it. Yet, was ignored.

Last balance patch was almost a month ago, is it really that hard to get data on the oblivious problems if there is a dedicated balance team? Which cant even write a change log properly btw. At least balance team, required approval for their changes from relic and also open\close balance testings were done before patches, so it understandable why it took so long in the past. Even when CoH2 was under the relic team, we got big balance patches every month.
Let alone the fact, that 99% of the balance problems were reported during during tech tests. And it was pretty clear that this feedback was just ignored.
Why? because, even if, Relic just didn't have time to finish balance patch for launch, they would've have at least basic ideas on what balance problems they should work post launch and big balance patch would been already out.

So yeah, maybe there are different teams, maybe there are no manpower shortage, but nothing at all in Relic actions proves this. Or maybe its just the case of pure management idioticy.
30 Mar 2023, 07:11 AM

There are still people defending Relic over COH3? LOL

Let`s just say it how it is: Relic doesn`t have the competence to develop a game worth calling itself Company of Heroes 3. Lack of talent, lack of effort, focus on cash-grabbing. No love and passion for RTS, WW2 or the COH franchise.

I get that certain community members want to pretend COH3 is great so the franchise can keep going and stay alive and active but at this point Relic simply needs a kick up their ass instead.
30 Mar 2023, 07:48 AM

Thank You Relic for your works. I'm happy that CoH3 is released and and I enjoy it. No not the best and without errors. But I believe you will continue to work. Company is <444>3
30 Mar 2023, 08:39 AM

Devs and Publishers have their own priorities and you're not part of it. This patch is the result of a lot of work certainly not done only during the last month.

What else to say, take a deep breath, play Coh2 or whatever other game if it suits you better.
30 Mar 2023, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2023, 08:39 AMEsxile
Devs and Publishers have their own priorities and you're not part of it. This patch is the result of a lot of work certainly not done only during the last month.

What else to say, take a deep breath, play Coh2 or whatever other game if it suits you better.

They have their own priorities? That`s a weird way to word it.

Their priority is to get my money. But to get my money they need to deliver a game I want to play which they haven`t done.
30 Mar 2023, 10:51 AM

They have their own priorities? That`s a weird way to word it.

Their priority is to get my money. But to get my money they need to deliver a game I want to play which they haven`t done.

So you're not part of their plan, and since you've been telling a couple of month ago you'll not buy their new game, that understandable.

Now from what I've read from the many complaint about the multiplayer is that it is not balanced and the patch doesn't takle this situation.

1- It's wrong to me since they nerfed the most OP things from it.
2- Now people are crying because what they use to abuse every single game is nerfed and can't anymore carry them.
3- So they must learn to play and at the same time get spanked due to their ELO inflated. That hurt and since many don't want to learn anyway they better like to complain on reddit.

They also ask for a Ladder, what for? The multiplayer is imbalanced, a ladder wouldn't change much.

Aside from the many bug fixe within the patch, Relic has simply delivered what was on their list and been worked on since months. Maybe it doesn't feel right because the balance isn't done but that would have been the same if the shop was made available at day 1.
30 Mar 2023, 18:54 PM

Darktide is a player friendly game since devs changed their plans and dropped monetization updates to give people what they asked for.

CoH3 and relic chose FOMO classic "life service" shop monetization over fixing the game.

That should tell you everything about relic priorities and what they think of us.

We're not players expecting a finished game for the full price we've paid for, we're just stupid wallets who can't control ourselves to them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★