Login

russian armor

Operation Sapphire Jackal

Vaz
27 Mar 2023, 23:30 PM

Pretty sure the game released early on PC. They don't have things ready for their consoles releases. That's why they are just now starting to talk about what is essentially the equivalent of Trophies/acheivements. MS and Sony won't let them release game that doesn't have this shit together from the start.
28 Mar 2023, 13:11 PM

I was wondering why unit skins didn't look great, now I understand , it's to sale better skins
And I think they rush to open the store because they feel they need to sell it before the player base collapse
28 Mar 2023, 15:27 PM

any idea when it drops?
28 Mar 2023, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2023, 15:27 PMGenObi
any idea when it drops?

Relic is in the west of North America. If they were smart, they would drop it early in the morning in case there are issues. That gives them time to fix them before the work day is over.

I would guess 8-10 am their time, which is like 9 hours after London time. So basically any minute in the next couple hours as of when this post was made.
28 Mar 2023, 18:05 PM

Patch Notes added to the first post. Overall lots of bug fixes, some unit behavior changes and nerfs to only a few (but the top) most egregious units. A good start, hopefully the full balance patch comes out in another week or two, but at least Pathfinders won't rule 1v1.
28 Mar 2023, 18:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How happy are you guys with the patch?

To me it looks like a lot of changes, but many more substantial ones are missing. I haven't read every single bullet point though
28 Mar 2023, 18:32 PM
Benefactor 115

gonna stay uninstalled til 2024 by the looks of it lmao.

classic that I have to wait about a year before the game is in a good state.
28 Mar 2023, 19:14 PM

This patch:

"Team-colours and some other BS. PS: we touched up some loiters."

DAK loiter as potent as before, and now cheaper.
28 Mar 2023, 19:21 PM

This patch:

"Team-colours and some other BS. PS: we touched up some loiters."

DAK loiter as potent as before, and now cheaper.

To be fair, the DAK loiter doesn't track that well. I've seen med tanks reverse out of it no problem and the cannon trails land where the tank used to be. You can't do that vs the rocket planes as they have almost perfect tracking. I didn't know the Brit AT loiter was only 120 muni, that crazy lol.

As for the patch, I won't be able to speak for the balance until some games testing it against the usual FotM ppl. A big round of fixes and changes though.
28 Mar 2023, 19:23 PM

To be fair, the DAK loiter doesn't track that well. I've seen med tanks reverse out of it no problem and the cannon trails land where the tank used to be. You can't do that vs the rocket planes as they have almost perfect tracking. I didn't know the Brit AT loiter was only 120 muni, that crazy lol.

Then why did they trimm the Wehrmacht AT damage of the combined loiter, but not for DAK. On paper its rather odd.

Edit: I'd imagine the AT-loiter of the DAK is a simple copy-paste from Wehr (or vice versa).
28 Mar 2023, 19:44 PM

Then why did they trimm the Wehrmacht AT damage of the combined loiter, but not for DAK. On paper its rather odd.

Edit: I'd imagine the AT-loiter of the DAK is a simple copy-paste from Wehr (or vice versa).

I can't speak for the damage of the DAK AT loiter, but the ability is different to the WM version. It doesn't target inf at all where as the WM one pins and shreds squads. I wasn't sure until I did some testing just now.

EDIT: Ok I think I understand the two Stuka loiters now after a lot of testing.

WM - Two planes. One targets inf and one targets tanks. If only one such target in the area, then the other plane just hangs around doing nothing.

DAK - Two planes. Both target tanks. If only inf then they hang around doing nothing.

They've nerfed the AT performance of the DAK Stuka planes too so I guess they might be identical AT planes after all. Each plane doing 225-250 sorta range damage per pass, same as the WM AT plane.
28 Mar 2023, 21:04 PM

The preview of the store also confirms what I said before:
The fake currency will force you to always have some left over. They show prices of 600, 540, 360, 240. I would bet that you can only buy their fake currency in something like 100, 200, 500, 1000, 5000 etc. This is forcing overpayment.
I just hope they stick to their cosmetics only promise, because we've seen plenty of companies rolling back on this type of promise already.

I will just say this:
The backlash from in-game shop and these currency shenanigans coupled with lack of polish and features that should be at release in Darktide resulted in the game being review bombed down to 22%, only that woke Fatshark devs up, they have adjusted currency pack prices, so if you wanted full set of cosmetics, you could get full set of cosmetics for exact price, no leftover currency, they have also put on hold all their planned monetization and got to providing players features that were missing on accelerated rate as well as other QOL changes, which pulled the game from attricious state comparable to one CoH3 is in right now.

However, something tells me the same review treatment would lead to abandonment of CoH3, DoW3 style, but also WH40k community is one you do not want to fuck with(bEhavior interactive even pretends they didn't made Eternal Crusade, that's how strong backlash about broken promisses and low quality were).

You can fight these things.
But this community won't, too many casuals and not enough vocal, butthurt players who know how to write reviews.
28 Mar 2023, 21:20 PM

Honestly let the game die. This is beyond a joke and beyond coping about. I want to rant more but there is no point. The rant would be longer than any college essay I had to write. Go back to COH1/COH2 or another RTS franchise maybe. There is no reason for this game to be in the state it is right now. Besides bad planning and poor leadership. For all the believers. I want to see you active on the game because the next “Big Patch” is now literal months away. GL HF 😊
28 Mar 2023, 21:21 PM

I personally dont have any issues with an In-Game-Store system as long as it does not screw up game play/balance.
Let people buy whatever they want, it is good for supporting Relic. Unlike most games, Coh players will play for 1000's of hours.

What really gets under my skin is by releasing the game in a sadly broken state, they have killed the community. And they have reduced their own income because there are less people buying skins, licenses, etc.

This is typical Capitalism that I see everyday where companies are self imploding to get short term gains.

DILWAD:
"Look guys our books are looking good this month. We will get our bonuses."

CARMACK TO HIMSELF:
"Sure, but overall you just reduced our possible profits by 500% and possibly bankrupted the company."

MANAGER:
"Way to go Dilwad, here have a raise. Carmack you report to Dilwad now."

CARMACK WALKING INTO TRAFFIC:
"I should have kept bartending. Why did I listen to my parents?"
28 Mar 2023, 21:51 PM

BAH - Downloaded the patch, started first game and bugsplatted about 10 minutes into match
28 Mar 2023, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2023, 21:21 PMRosbone
I personally dont have any issues with an In-Game-Store system as long as it does not screw up game play/balance.
Let people buy whatever they want, it is good for supporting Relic. Unlike most games, Coh players will play for 1000's of hours.

What really gets under my skin is by releasing the game in a sadly broken state, they have killed the community. And they have reduced their own income because there are less people buying skins, licenses, etc.

This is typical Capitalism that I see everyday where companies are self imploding to get short term gains.

DILWAD:
"Look guys our books are looking good this month. We will get our bonuses."

CARMACK TO HIMSELF:
"Sure, but overall you just reduced our possible profits by 500% and possibly bankrupted the company."

MANAGER:
"Way to go Dilwad, here have a raise. Carmack you report to Dilwad now."

CARMACK WALKING INTO TRAFFIC:
"I should have kept bartending. Why did I listen to my parents?"

Shop isn't the problem.

Prioritising its rollout over replays, in-game rankings or even replacing effin placeholder icons is.
28 Mar 2023, 22:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2023, 21:04 PMKatitof

I will just say this:
The backlash from in-game shop and these currency shenanigans coupled with lack of polish and features that should be at release in Darktide resulted in the game being review bombed down to 22%, only that woke Fatshark devs up, they have adjusted currency pack prices, so if you wanted full set of cosmetics, you could get full set of cosmetics for exact price, no leftover currency, they have also put on hold all their planned monetization and got to providing players features that were missing on accelerated rate as well as other QOL changes, which pulled the game from attricious state comparable to one CoH3 is in right now.

However, something tells me the same review treatment would lead to abandonment of CoH3, DoW3 style, but also WH40k community is one you do not want to fuck with(bEhavior interactive even pretends they didn't made Eternal Crusade, that's how strong backlash about broken promisses and low quality were).

You can fight these things.
But this community won't, too many casuals and not enough vocal, butthurt players who know how to write reviews.

Yes, I fully agree, also on your gut feeling regarding potentially ensing the support of CoH3

This game had less players than CoH2 before the patch. The patch managed to undo the player loss of only a single week, so about 1500 extra players. All alarms for damage control should run constantly at Relic, yet they release their shitty in game store.

There are still many issues unfixed that I would have expected in this patch, like changing shield symbols etc. Really easy and quick stuff. Relic doesn't do it. The patch is not even THAT big, considering the state of the game and the fact that they had a whole month to prepare it.

Out of interest: How much Merot can you earn with their challenges, how much merit does a skin cost and thereby how long (in hours of gameplay) does it roughly take to be able to buy a skin (i.e. what is the earn rate of 'merit'?)
28 Mar 2023, 22:42 PM

Out of interest: How much Merot can you earn with their challenges, how much merit does a skin cost and thereby how long (in hours of gameplay) does it roughly take to be able to buy a skin (i.e. what is the earn rate of 'merit'?)

900/weekly challenges
200/dailies

1000/soldier skin
4000/vehicle skin

(Very poor selection for freemium, most skins are cash-only now)

Yet, despite being garbage pricing, I see no point in these skins. They look worse than most colorswaps you get in F2P games. This is coming from the guy who buys Battlepasses in the games I am active + see value, and even skins (but that was in the past).

We had some ok skins in CoH2: black-orange dazzle, the classical jaw-decals. Even if they reach the same quality/visual interest, it is not worthy of my time. You would need some "hero" skins which would come with the fashionable/historical attire and new voice acting. Instead of picking a sniper, you would get a choice between some silent focused personality and more chatty/brash american.

The behemoth looming are the battlegroups: don't get caught with your pants down when they ask for 15k for one, which would amount to 2-3 months of engagement.

The only reason I care about the mtx is the business model:
1. Relic provides value for the players
2. Players put more money into the game
3. Game gets more support
4. Relic provies more value etc.

But this shit ain't going to work out. Na-a, Relic broke the first promise of a good product, and now they are delivering the watered-piss with the mtx.
29 Mar 2023, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2023, 21:58 PMKatitof

Shop isn't the problem.

Prioritising its rollout over replays, in-game rankings or even replacing effin placeholder icons is.

Agreed.

I am saying the game was not ready for release at all. But some bean counting f*&ktard wanted them dollar bills y'all on their ledgers. Thereby, destroying their own future for a short term gain.

The copium argument is "The store was being developed in parallel to the game code so they didnt take away from game coding to roll it out".

But I agree, the reviews are bad and they needed a hail mary patch to save the game and instead we got a store.
29 Mar 2023, 06:30 AM

Currencies do not cross over like that.
However you can unlock different skins through in-game challenges, the harder the challenge, the better looking skins as well as buy variants of these skins through regular currency shop, including weapon skins.
Getting most expensive one will take you about a single evening on highest difficulty and some of these skins look better then paid ones.

How it works in CoH3 I have yet to see.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2023, 00:16 AMRosbone

I am saying the game was not ready for release at all. But some bean counting f*&ktard wanted them dollar bills y'all on their ledgers. Thereby, destroying their own future for a short term gain.

Name me a single multiplayer game that actually was ready for release over last 10 years.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★