Login

russian armor

The negative user reviews are infuriating

PAGES (9)down
9 Mar 2023, 23:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Now I am terrified. I am quoting Reverb and people are agreeing with me.

The reverb redemption arc is happening
9 Mar 2023, 23:56 PM
Benefactor 115

Gameplay is good but its not worth the full asking price.

At the end of the day, there are so many other games out there, you're lucky to get any feedback, even if you don't find it "rational" or not.

People who don't like the game just won't play/buy it and play something else.
10 Mar 2023, 00:14 AM

Well CoH3 is at 63% positive ratings, and coh2 is at 80% positive.
While CoH2 is a cheaper, way more balanced and polished game. With more content, better UI and graphics, running way better for me and better QoL settings.
In a current state CoH3 is a worse game on almost every aspect, and they ask more money for it.
So why you acting surprised on the bad reviews? It is well deserved now, game has great potential, so in future it will probably be better game but now it not. It feels like early access game that should be cheap to buy and test until they polish it, but according to Relic this is full AAA 1.0 product that is priced at 60$. Which is realistically laughable, but hey, we who bought bet on it being good, someday...
10 Mar 2023, 01:57 AM

I haven't given any Steam review for COH3 as I didn't buy and I don't plan on buying it either.

The Multiplayer Test was really disappointing IMO and I don't see any real improvements since then. UI is still the same crap. Artwork is crap. Graphics are meh at best. Sound is 10x worse than COH1/2. Faster tick rates. Team colors being messed up. Ugly animations that are WORSE than coh2 somehow despite coh2 being 10 years old. Too many annoying stupid things like once again sim city, LV spam, minute 1 airdrop units etc. etc.

Looking at the main menu alone is infuriating considering how terrible it looks.

Not sure why people are surprised that COH3 gets a lot of bad reviews."Mixed reviews" are well deserved. Relic has not put the attention to detail and love into this game that would be needed to make it truly great.
10 Mar 2023, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2023, 15:38 PMGiaA
I have to rant about a few things that annoy the shit out of me with regards to negative user reviews on steam and reddit. Wonder what your thoughts are, don't take this too seriously.

1. Why on earth do people constantly harp on about minor unfinished/sloppy elements of the game like icons, weapon symbols and faction flags. I saw someone on reddit declare that usage of old icons to be "UNACCEPTABLE" and the primary reason he gave a negative review. In one of the youtube reviews the guy demonstrates how he can recreate the faction symbols in 5 minutes in photoshop. He literally spends more time on this tangent than he does talking about gameplay. How dense do you have to be to completely ignore the actual GAME. You know ... the part that matters. If you dislike the gameplay we can agree to disagree. But to just brush over it and complain about the menu art instead is just infuriating.

2. Why do people who are guaranteed to play the game for thousands of hours and basically have CoH as a mainstay hobby give negative reviews? Steam reviews primarily communicate to the general public. If someone unfamiliar with CoH comes across the newest iteration and sees shit reviews they will likely never get into the series. I have a hardcore CoH2 1v1 player in my friendlist that has like 4000 hours in the game and still has a negative review complaining about balance issues. Why? How does that make sense? So many people don't even know CoH or are only vaguely familiar with it. And in my experience almost everybody you show and explain the game to ends up liking it. So why scare off that crowd just because of your own agenda?

3. Why do people completely neglect the strong aspects of CoH3? Doesn't the fact that we have 4 factions and amazing performance make up for some of the shortcomings? Isn't having 4 factions upon release preferable over having a super polished game in terms of interface and multiplayer functionality? Maybe not, but then it would be more of a case of relic being overly ambitious in their desire to provide a lot of bang for your buck. No one would have complained if it was just two factions at release, but they went the extra mile and maybe that cost us polish.

4. A bigger playerbase would be so cool, but people actively prevent this from happening by shitting on the game. And I absolutely loathe the high and mighty do-gooder argument that this needs to be done because the gaming industry deserves a lesson about early releases. This is after relic already delayed the game and it is obvious that they ran out of options. Of course the same people would also agree that working conditions in the gaming industry are horrible and that pre release crunch should be avoided.

5. Anyone german who gave a negative review because there is no german voice acting needs to seriously ask themselves if they would actually NOT RECOMMEND CoH to someone new for that reason. Is that really sufficient to make CoH3 a bad game? REALLY? The average German's english is light years behind the Dutch or Scandinavians so maybe it's time that we stop putting our own voice acting over everything?

it is full price game, the least we could pray for is a finished game with full functioning stuuf
10 Mar 2023, 03:18 AM

The reverb redemtion arc is happening

It will be the feel good movie of the summer!
10 Mar 2023, 07:17 AM
Donator 22

I have to rant......

Well said.
A lot of people probably fall into the category:
  • Do you really like the COH franchise and want it to be good: YES!!
  • Do some things in COH3 annoy you like hell? - YES
  • Are you going to play the game a LOT: YES
  • are going to shit about it on steam: YES

I also want a larger player base and would love us all to attract more people. More players is good for Relic and good for us.
All the criticism, that we can direct to relic, where it belongs.

10 Mar 2023, 10:40 AM

It is deserved.

Relic never learns.

They released an half finished game. Too many lacking features. It seems they only focused on solo campaign. But I think more than half of the player base, only cares about multiplayer.

No one is happy about this, because bad review will influence the sells. But it seems it is the only way for us to make them listen the players. They just had to be honest, and release early acces, and most of the problems would have been forgiven. The worst part is, we just have no informations about future of coh3. It will stay like this how long? They barely communicates

10 Mar 2023, 10:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I have to rant about a few things that annoy the shit out of me with regards to negative user reviews on steam and reddit. Wonder what your thoughts are, don't take this too seriously.

I think it is one aspect that has been a negative stain already in the development phase is the unwillingness to make multiplayer launch with a bit more content.

I can understand if people give it negative reviews, while i must also say some don't really take in consideration what relic announced - and what we got.

We got a game, which has a multiplayer, but where campaign was the thing that was supposed to super amazing :<

Pip
10 Mar 2023, 14:22 PM

I feel like it's misguided to suggest that people not publish negative reviews for the game if they're having a negative experience. The game has seemingly released with a decent amount of content, and with a functional core... Though it is obvious that it is extremely unpolished in multiple areas. Examples include: Placeholder graphics, multitudes of small bugs (Such as odd unit behaviour and a strange lack of attention to detail in areas such as indirect units not pointing the barrels of their weaponry in the correct direction, clipping issues (the Brit AA truck in particular), and a regression in the quality of quite a few animations (The most obvious example here is in MG reloads, for some reason they've regressed from CoH1-2 where the gunner actually physically manipulates a magazine, and instead they just fiddle with a charging handle)).

There are also inexplicable graphical bugs such as plane graphics flying outside of the minimap and across the screen. Not really sure how that has managed to regress from 2.

Beyond that there are a multitude of balance problems (I'd call skillplanes and similar the most glaring), though honestly I'm personally more willing to look past balance issues as they're something that requires actual community testing, and are likely to be fixed.

Others have mentioned: The game has a good foundation, but there is a lot of work to do. The game doesnt deserve an overwhelmingly positive score until this work is done.
10 Mar 2023, 15:41 PM

I honestly don’t know how long it’s going to take for the gravity of the situation to set in for people that played COH2 and then played COH3. COH3 is SO FAR behind in BALANCE/MECHANICS its insane. No lessons from COH2 were remembered at ALL LOL. I’m not even talking about small balance issues like a unit underperforming/overperforming. I’m talking about
- Insanely strong loiters / COH2 nerfed
- Elite infantry with camo and snares / COH2 resolved this
- Snipers with insanely high ROF, self spotting, no movement debuff / COH2 nerfed
- Abilities that allow units to sprint while in combat and shoot on the move I don’t know the ability but its in the commando battlegroup / COH2 fixed this (radio silence nerf)
- Super strong heavy TDS / except now they are non doc, super cheap, long range, mobile 88s that you can build more than one of.
- Instant hulldown and unhulldown with no cooldown
- A lot of abilities are still FREEEEEEE FIDDY. Free smoke, free flares, free everything
- Forward reinforcement and the issues brought with that
These are just the ones ive encountered and can tell that they are going to be a problem or complained about. Because they were a problem in the previous COH and they were nerfed.
Missing mechanics???
- No crush
- No crawlers
- Can’t deny medics from retrieving wounded / was in COH1
- If you issue a focus fire command to a vehicle or squad then give them a move command it cancels the previous focus fire command and the squad may randomly target another squad or vehicle LOL.
- Pings do not work at all / or are so bad that I never know when my teammate is pinging me.
- No stats at the end of game make any sense or are in a readable format/ if the host leaves no one can even look at them lol
The other big thing that people don’t realize is that. People keep saying bro bro bro they are going to work on it. Yes I am aware of that. But are you aware of the timeline that you are probably going to get all of these issues resolved? Years. Or never. There is no roadmap, there is no verbal commitment to them working on this game? For all anyone knows this could be the state the game resides in. They have already said the next “big” patch is months out. The player base has already dropped below half of what it was at launch. Its been TWO WEEKS my guy. The reason that I think most people are upset. Is because MOST of these issues should NOT be issues. The balance issues are just HOW? Literally no one that balanced COH3 has ever played COH2 or didn’t bother to look at the state of COH2 and take anything from it. On top of the mechanics missing? Like its either relic chose not to put in crush or they released a game that wasn’t ready to be released. Crush has been in both previous COHs lol. People also keep saying but COH3 has so much potential. WOWWWWWWWWW you could literally say that about any video game. But it doesn’t make up for the current state of said game on top of not knowing if the game is going to keep getting updates or patches or how long they will support said patches updates. But hey its got potential 😊
10 Mar 2023, 15:53 PM

*spitting strait up fire*

But ... but.. They have DevM in the dev team and monolithicbacon. Suuurely they simply *forgot* about why certain mechanics existed/ceased to exist in coh2. Suuurely :)
10 Mar 2023, 16:46 PM

Its been TWO WEEKS my guy.

Just two more weeks to flatten the bugs!
10 Mar 2023, 17:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2023, 20:36 PMGiaA

Seriously? You want a positive review bomb? Players should not publish negative reviews because they are 'fans of the franchise' and because it does not help dragging in new players? This robs them of their right to phrasing their opinion how? What is the point of reviewing at all then if all you're supposed to do is to pad Relic on the back and congratulating them for the dump they've taken?

There's both unsubstantiated negative and positive reviews, you're only complaining about the negative ones though. You don't want players to give their honest opinion, at least not if they don't agree with you. If the review is positive, it's alright, if it's negative, it suddenly is low effort, review bombing, nonsensical. And because of that, it allegedly is the fault of the bad reviewers that CoH3 has too little players. You're shifting the blame, nothing else. Relic should fix their game before release, Relic is the only one at fault.
At first I really thought this is just a rant of a player that loves CoH3 and disagrees with most reviews, but since you're not only doubling down but even using more crude arguments, you're giving me a hard time of not viewing this as fanboyism. Which really surprises me because I remember your previous posts always as well founded, even if I did not agree with them.
10 Mar 2023, 17:59 PM

Right now giving this game a positive review is like giving a horse with a broken leg a pat on the back. You might make it feel better in some small way but it'll never be what it once was and someone, at some point, is probably going to put it down.
11 Mar 2023, 13:43 PM

I honestly don’t know how long it’s going to take for the gravity of the situation to set in for people that played COH2 and then played COH3. COH3 is SO FAR behind in BALANCE/MECHANICS its insane.

Wow, when you lay it all out like that it's hard to argue. Devils advocate... perhaps it's because it was made in a different engine, by i'm assuming, a totally different team?

Ur completely right though, it is very strange that so many of these little details, lessons and fixes were ignored and not simply carried over. I still expect many of them to be fixed in time, but why the hell were so many allowed to exist when you only have to play the 2 previous iterations of the game to know why they needed to be changed/corrected. The medic thing in particular irritates me as well.

11 Mar 2023, 14:27 PM

No one talk about how bad it feel to play. That is the worst imo imo.
Feel like i am stirring my finger in a bowl of oatmeal.
Game has better optimization but units feels disocnnected orsoemthing. I dont know how to explan but it feels ba dand boring.
11 Mar 2023, 21:37 PM

I did end up leaving a positive review but I understand the disappointment.

If you were hoping for a generational leap forward in graphics, AI, and gameplay you certainly didn't get it here. This is the trend of developers in the last 5 years or more. See Battlefield 2042 amongst other high profile baffling failures. We are in a decade of stagnation/regression.

I feel that if they labeled it as COH: Mediterranean Assault Stand Alone Expansion it wouldn't get as much hate. The positives for me are performance and the factions are funner to play with way more options than COH1 or COH2. Also brings hopes for a fresh content pipeline.

A bit of disappointment with what could have been but I'm glad we have something new to play. We all wish COH received the Naughty Dog treatment but lets face facts here: A WWII RTS game is never going to garner the sales needed to justify that much investment. We need to work with what we have and hope it's successful with updates because the other option is Relic closes/Sega has them develop mobile games and our hobby here dies.
11 Mar 2023, 21:55 PM

A WWII RTS game is never going to garner the sales needed to justify that much investment.

It's 35th on the Steam top sellers list 2 weeks after launch with 62% positive reviews at $80cdn. It was in the top 20 views on Twitch at launch.

I think this got the exposure it wanted, whether that's good or bad. The marketing department it seems got to polish their part.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak