Login

russian armor

Hotfix 1.0.5 - March 6, 2023

9 Mar 2023, 11:55 AM

I'm right in thinking there's no combined arms buff from the kradschützen right? I can understand why, think it might get a bit oppressive if it had it as well as its vet 1 ability.

Seperately, what do you guys think of the autocannon/mortar upgrade for the 250? I find the mortar is nice but the autocannon doesn't really seem that worth it, requires a significant amount of careful micro in exchange for fairly mediocre damage.

Yup the Kradschützen, Mortar HT, Recovery Vehicle, Stuka and the 2.5 Tonne truck are the only vehicles that don't provide the CA bonus to Pgrens and Panzerpios. But keep in mind you also get the bonus from Wehr teammate vehicles

Now you don't "have" to build a 250 from the beginning and can wait for 250 call-in after 6min or Flakvierling, especially on a campy map where the 250 can only attack frontally... but imo that requires some very cautious gameplay with the help from Kradschützen support which has a decent MG34 and amazing sight (built in spotting scopes).

The combat halftracks used to be okay but last patch Relic ninja nerfed them for whatever reason by increasing upgrade cost from 50 to 75 ammo.

Honestly just skip the combat HTs and just park the 250s in the background for CA, small flank recon and their medical supplies. The mortar HT is hot garbage compared to ISG anyway and doesn't provide CA as mentioned earlier, and the 2cm version is a meme in teamgames.

We really do need a page explaining vet and all these passive abilities in details.

Absolutely

9 Mar 2023, 13:23 PM

Yup the Kradschützen, Mortar HT, Recovery Vehicle, Stuka and the 2.5 Tonne truck are the only vehicles that don't provide the CA bonus to Pgrens and Panzerpios.

Now you don't "have" to build a 250 from the beginning and can wait for 250 call-in after 6min or Flakvierling, especially on a campy map where the 250 can only attack frontally... but imo that requires some very cautios gameplay with the help from Kradschützen support which has a decent MG34 and amazing sight (built in spotting scopes).

The combat halftracks used to be okay but last patch Relic ninja nerfed them for whatever reason by increasing upgrade cost from 50 to 75 ammo.

Honestly just skip the combat HTs and just park the 250s in the background for CA, small flank recon and their medical supplies. The mortar HT is hot garbage compared to ISG anyway and doesn't provide CA as mentioned earlier, and the 2cm version is a meme in teamgames.

Thanks for the info Aerafield. I'll have to try the ISG a bit more, I must confess i've barely used it at all.

The Krad does seem to do a bit more damage than the 250, and even after upgrading the 250 with the autocannon there's not really a massive difference, for the cost. I know its not supposed to be some new equivilent of the old OKW Flak Halftrack but it'd be good for it find its niche, somewhere. At the moment i find it to be a bit of a meme in all gamemodes, tho i'm mostly just a 1v1 player.

Oh and what do we suppose are the chances of Relic making a helpful unit/unit ability wiki that stays up to date. Zero? lol.
9 Mar 2023, 14:56 PM

Thanks for the info Aerafield. I'll have to try the ISG a bit more, I must confess i've barely used it at all.

Oh and what do we suppose are the chances of Relic making a helpful unit/unit ability wiki that stays up to date. Zero? lol.

Yeah don't judge the ISG by its CoH2 performance (not that it was bad in CoH2), but now it's like a packhowitzer that fires mini nukes across the entire map

And sadly I have no idea about an upcoming ingame wiki
9 Mar 2023, 15:03 PM

Yeah don't judge the ISG by its CoH2 performance (not that it was bad in CoH2), but now it's like a packhowitzer that fires mini nukes across the entire map

The range on that thing is also insane, it's basically a full-blown arty piece in all but name...
9 Mar 2023, 18:23 PM

True about dingo, brit players denial about it is only thing holding DAK in early game now.

Lmfao. My brit teammate didn't believe me when I told him that the dingo beats the 250. We were having a convo about how ass the AT rifles were, and he said: "brits don't have a counter to the 250 early game any more because of this."

Then I said "build a dingo". He didn't believe me, and went totally silent when we tested it in a custom game and the dingo shat on the 250 :clap:

Only knew that one thanks to you, Katitof. Kudos.
9 Mar 2023, 19:40 PM

Lmfao. My brit teammate didn't believe me when I told him that the dingo beats the 250. We were having a convo about how ass the AT rifles were, and he said: "brits don't have a counter to the 250 early game any more because of this."

Then I said "build a dingo". He didn't believe me, and went totally silent when we tested it in a custom game and the dingo shat on the 250 :clap:

Only knew that one thanks to you, Katitof. Kudos.

+1 I also was like. "...Really?" Tested it and then promptly Dingoed a 250 in my next game for good measure. 10/10 Would recommend
9 Mar 2023, 20:15 PM

Panzergren combined arms provides +20% accuracy, movement speed, ability range and -20% received accuracy, it literally turns them from Conscripts into vet 2 Penal Battalions from the get go. If you don't utilize this feature then just stop playing DAK because you're playing this faction completely wrong. And again, after 5+min into the game it's not that crazy hard to park a 250 or flakvierling near your Pgren "blob" (2 squads is ideal number, vs hardcore spammers you need 3; DAK is about vehicle snowballing and not inf spam) and Heal Truck + weapon teams

Thanks for this! I never liked mystery buff numbers and this helps fix my early-to-mid game. I was wondering if I was missing something every early inf fight that was a close struggle despite better tactics.
10 Mar 2023, 01:45 AM

The range on that thing is also insane, it's basically a full-blown arty piece in all but name...

Oh yeah, I got beat bad and trapped in my base by a pair of those as USF. Long range, 5 man squads (hard to wipe), the buffs from the 03/06 patch made those nasty.
Pip
10 Mar 2023, 14:25 PM

I certainly hope that the next balance pass makes a lot of changes to Skillplanes and offmap artillery. The DAK AT loiter in particular is utterly ridiculous, there's no justification for it being able to delete vehicles with no counterplay.

Lelic appear to have not learned from CoH2; offmaps should NOT be game deciding, they should be utility tools.
10 Mar 2023, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2023, 14:25 PMPip
I certainly hope that the next balance pass makes a lot of changes to Skillplanes and offmap artillery. The DAK AT loiter in particular is utterly ridiculous, there's no justification for it being able to delete vehicles with no counterplay.

Lelic appear to have not learned from CoH2; offmaps should NOT be game deciding, they should be utility tools.

While I agree that they are overtuned af with deleting entire health bars of most vehicles in one pass, its far fetched to say you cant do anything about it.
You can see the enemie's battlegroup in the player list (not sure if intended, maybe for unranked matches it is) and as USF you have access to the hands-down best AA, which even shoots down strafes before they manage to shoot.

Although, it railroads you into certain tech buildings and battlegroups (UKF, AA truck sucks dog water) which is poopy game design.

Edit: Naturally the UKF Anti-tank loiter for 120 munis (lol) is also batshit crazy strong.
Pip
10 Mar 2023, 15:51 PM

While I agree that they are overtuned af with deleting entire health bars of most vehicles in one pass, its far fetched to say you cant do anything about it.
You can see the enemie's battlegroup in the player list (not sure if intended, maybe for unranked matches it is) and as USF you have access to the hands-down best AA, which even shoots down strafes before they manage to shoot.

Although, it railroads you into certain tech buildings and battlegroups (UKF, AA truck sucks dog water) which is poopy game design.

Edit: Naturally the UKF Anti-tank loiter for 120 munis (lol) is also batshit crazy strong.

I'm told that the US AA does shoot down planes before they can do absolutely anything, true. This is, as you say, ridiculously bad design though. As US you either lose vehicles because you don't have AA, or DAK's AT loiter turns into a "Throw away munitions" button due to the loiter being unable to do literally anything.

UK's AA is unable to stop the loiter before it makes its attack runs though, to my knowledge.

Loiters should neither be instant-win buttons, nor should AA "turn them off". Ideally the UK and DAK loiters should instead act as area denial tools, preventing enemy armour from operating in a given area while the loiter is around (Through grinding damage, rather than being nuked immediately). AA should help counteract this, but only if it's in the loiter's area of effect (which would give the opportunity for the opponent to counter the counter)

I'd prefer the game didnt create situations where you're railroaded like that, too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★