jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2023, 11:02 AMKatukov
Trolololol they fucked it up, as expected by everyone who had 3 braincells

worse than coh2 in many aspects too xDDDDDDD

Nah.
24 Feb 2023, 11:43 AM

Katukov if you wanna know how a garbage launch and pay2win trash for years looks like, you should have been here in 2013-16 for CoH2, but I know for a matter of fact you're some random who picked up the game for free in 2018.

CoH3's launch is infinitely better in every single regard.

But yeah, feel free to stick with dead CoH2 bro, 3v3 is somehow gonna be even more dead than before now so maybe you achieve something like 3 digit ranks now
24 Feb 2023, 12:27 PM
Donator 11

Katukov if you wanna know how a garbage launch and pay2win trash for years looks like, you should have been here in 2013-16 for CoH2, but I know for a matter of fact you're some random who picked up the game for free in 2018.

But yeah, feel free to stick with dead CoH2 bro, 3v3 is somehow gonna be even more dead than before now so maybe you achieve something like 3 digit ranks now

Lol so much salt in this comment
24 Feb 2023, 12:40 PM

No ladder, no ranked, and no replay too for coh2 release?
24 Feb 2023, 13:06 PM

CoH2 at launch did not have ladders or ranked mode for months, yes. They didn't even have servers, meaning every match was hosted with peer-to-peer connection and unplayable lag :snfPeter:

CoH3 on the other hand has ladders and a replay workaround, which can be seen here:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/blogs/42-company-of-heroes-3-launch-faq
24 Feb 2023, 13:07 PM

Lol so much salt in this comment

He's right though. Katukov is obviously misremembering what an absolute trainwreck coh 2 was at launch.
24 Feb 2023, 13:45 PM

I would have thought you would have known that SOV release had ZERO base defenses and no AT nades IIRC. At no point in COH2 history had SOV been on such life support lol.
24 Feb 2023, 14:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This comparison does not make any sense. The fact that CoH2 was bad at launch does not excuse for CoH3 having the same issues at launch. It proves that Relic misplanned their development schedule and that features are missing from the game. Games are consciously or subconsciously rated by comparing them to competitors in the market. CoH2 is a competitor to CoH3. If there are features missing, that's Relic's fault with no excuse.

If your first child hits its head on the floor after birth, you don't call the second birth a success because the child hit its head on a slightly softer rubber surface and is now just half as disabled as the first child was back then.
24 Feb 2023, 15:04 PM

This comparison does not make any sense. The fact that CoH2 was bad at launch does not excuse for CoH3 having the same issues at launch. It proves that Relic misplanned their development schedule and that features are missing from the game. Games are consciously or subconsciously rated by comparing them to competitors in the market. CoH2 is a competitor to CoH3. If there are features missing, that's Relic's fault with no excuse.

If your first child hits its head on the floor after birth, you don't call the second birth a success because the child hit its head on a slightly softer rubber surface and is now just half as disabled as the first child was back then.

You're right. Just because the second game was bad at launch, it doesn't excuse any issues the third has at launch as well. The game should ideally be polished as much as possible so we can all hold it to a higher standard.

But c'mon, he's being disengenious by suggesting that coh 2 is somehow vastly superior when we all know it wasn't. It was much more of a mess than 3 currently is.
24 Feb 2023, 15:26 PM

Even though this release is really lackluster on many aesthetic departments outside of the in-game graphics. Like the GUI, menu design, vet descriptions missing (e.g Mg-Bunker), vet descriptions having no info about stat changes and buffs/debuffs not having any informations on the units affected unless you are the one creating said buffs/debuffs...

... is coh3 a solid game.
The performance is stellar and is fun to play. Graphic-wise it takes time to get use to. Its a departure from coh2 aesthetically but its not a downgrade. Effectwise relic did some really neat effects. E.g. tanks rotating on the spot shifting the dessert sands, looks really good imo.

The SP content is a dumbster fire like coh2 story wise.
Coh1 still is king when it comes to Singleplayer missions and scripting/writing to set the mood.

Soundwise im on the fence, the high dynamic range is really nice on my Senheiser HD 650 connected to an ASUS Xsonar sound card, but with onboard sound and in-ears, the sounds even in compressed form seem to be whacky as hell comparatively.

PS: Its definetly not worth 60 bucks as of now. Though im glad I got it via promotions.

PPS: For a delayed release I am suprised about the flaws which were left untouched such as the unit bar resetting every match. I wonder how the department sizes are in relic and how they got allocated after the play-test. Would have assumed some UI-changes could have been done in the 2 month window.
24 Feb 2023, 16:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You're right. Just because the second game was bad at launch, it doesn't excuse any issues the third has at launch as well. The game should ideally be polished as much as possible so we can all hold it to a higher standard.

But c'mon, he's being disengenious by suggesting that coh 2 is somehow vastly superior when we all know it wasn't. It was much more of a mess than 3 currently is.

I mean it's hard to make a discussion out of this thread since there is no point to discuss about. It's pretty much a shit thread, nothing more.
CoH3 (me speaking only from the January tech test) had very good improvements over CoH2, but Relic has to deliver in the next couple of months to really add some sorely missing features as well as overall atmosphere and gameplay improvements.
I'm pretty confident that Relic will commit to that despite them dodging DoW3 so early, because first they committed to AoE4 and second they probably don't have much of a choice financially than making CoH3 a success.
24 Feb 2023, 17:45 PM

They are kind of low priority when base game was completely dysfunctional, jampacked with exploits and imbalanced to the point where we had a cartoonist document it and not as a satire, it was like that.

But somehow people don't remember the trainwreck CoH2 was for full first year and pretend it was always how it was after countless community patches.
24 Feb 2023, 19:21 PM

There are replays, just not a good UI for it yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/11a0fiy/replays_relic_has_posted_a_hack_with_which_to/
24 Feb 2023, 19:49 PM

I would have thought you would have known that SOV release had ZERO base defenses and no AT nades IIRC. At no point in COH2 history had SOV been on such life support lol.

its astonishing that they resisted the urge to have conscripts only equip 3 rifles for six models
24 Feb 2023, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2023, 19:49 PMKatukov

its astonishing that they resisted the urge to have conscripts only equip 3 rifles for six models

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
24 Feb 2023, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2023, 19:49 PMKatukov

I mean.. osttruppen were a 3 man squad with sticks cosplaying 6 man squad with rifles for about 5 years.
24 Feb 2023, 21:21 PM

By far my favorite Hannibal post to date.

Coh3 is fine. I dont see what you guys are complaining about
24 Feb 2023, 22:26 PM

Soundwise im on the fence, the high dynamic range is really nice on my Senheiser HD 650 connected to an ASUS Xsonar sound card, but with onboard sound and in-ears, the sounds even in compressed form seem to be whacky as hell comparatively.

Interesting point about sound…i feel like the mixing (for lack of a better word) is odd - the action all blends together. Mortars, rifles, tanks…sometimes indistinguishable. In CoH2, I could separate them out easily and the scale of the sounds felt right too.

Wondering if it’s my setup or the game based on your text - I’m running the same setup as coh2, where I did not have that issue (Arctic’s 7 steelseries w onboard sound)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight