Login

russian armor

Balance thoughts?

PAGES (7)down
25 Feb 2023, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2023, 13:44 PMKatitof

That is more of Wehr advantage as ketten post upgrade gives raw +3 on points.
I used to open with bike, but its not worth it most of the time unless you're one of the god micro players.
PG into 250 into PG is much more versatile and aggressive opening then what you've described, it might be just my imagination, but it is very noticable that DAK infantry really does perform a lot better with vehicle around.

Having use them and having them used against me, I'll just say this:
Don't fucking blob like it was coh2.

It's not about blobbing, but an anti-tank loiter WILL destroy your tank without any effort and there is nothing you can do about it. Medium tanks simply melt away. That has nothing to do with blobbing I think...
25 Feb 2023, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 04:02 AMGarrett
but an anti-tank loiter WILL destroy your tank without any effort and there is nothing you can do about it. Medium tanks simply melt away. That has nothing to do with blobbing I think...

I don't know if this has always been a thing, or just something that's been added recently, but the american M18 AA halftrack shoots down the AT loiter planes nearly instantly, even with a single vet zero halftrack.
25 Feb 2023, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 04:02 AMGarrett

It's not about blobbing, but an anti-tank loiter WILL destroy your tank without any effort and there is nothing you can do about it. Medium tanks simply melt away. That has nothing to do with blobbing I think...

It won't destroy moving, healthy tank.

And if its damaged, well, what did you expected? Same thing happens in CoH2.
25 Feb 2023, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 07:25 AMKatitof

It won't destroy moving, healthy tank.

And if its damaged, well, what did you expected? Same thing happens in CoH2.

AT loiter rapes utterly, but US AA utterly rapes AT loiter.
25 Feb 2023, 09:31 AM

British Sappers are utter bs. You can't even allow them to come remotely close. Pretty much over the top for a starting unit.

25 Feb 2023, 10:00 AM

British Sappers are utter bs. You can't even allow them to come remotely close. Pretty much over the top for a starting unit.

LVs.
25 Feb 2023, 12:02 PM

In my first game as DAK (maybe my 10th game overall), I was hit with a player literally spamming them. 4-5 of these Sappers, all with flamers, and then Indian arty (heavy mortar and arty emplacement). That was very very effective...
25 Feb 2023, 12:10 PM

Same as SPios in COH2. Nothing new
25 Feb 2023, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 12:02 PMGarrett

In my first game as DAK (maybe my 10th game overall), I was hit with a player literally spamming them. 4-5 of these Sappers, all with flamers, and then Indian arty (heavy mortar and arty emplacement). That was very very effective...

Sounds like a build hard-countered by one or two LVs lmao
25 Feb 2023, 12:13 PM

Sounds like a build hard-countered by one or two LVs lmao

Depends on a) the game mode (more players = more at/small arms fire) or b) how fast you get bois rifles, which you can get pretty early tbf...
25 Feb 2023, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 12:02 PMGarrett

Upgraded 250 hardcounters it completely.
And since you're going to be calling in AT squad, you're going to have 250 if you didn't identified what opponent does and built one earlier already.

BOYS AT spam is much more scary.
25 Feb 2023, 12:14 PM

US mortar bunker has actually pretty good range and is non-doc.

What do you mean fighting an uphill battle? I really don't agree. Maybe depending on your support center upgrade. 76mm shermans rape everything. US has multiple options for elite infantry thru battlegroups, and their veterancy upgrades are versatile.

I will say it's way too early to make a conclusion about balance but have you faced someone who played sweaty before?

Like rushing a flamer pio 250 into your face and blobbing pgrens around an Opel and LV all game
25 Feb 2023, 15:03 PM

I will say it's way too early to make a conclusion about balance but have you faced someone who played sweaty before?

Like rushing a flamer pio 250 into your face and blobbing pgrens around an Opel and LV all game

I will say it's an uphill battle until sherman 76es.
25 Feb 2023, 20:31 PM

When i lose its a balance issue.
26 Feb 2023, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 12:13 PMKatitof

Upgraded 250 hardcounters it completely.
And since you're going to be calling in AT squad, you're going to have 250 if you didn't identified what opponent does and built one earlier already.

BOYS AT spam is much more scary.

Well, the game just came out, so it is really hard to tell what works and what is just a goofy meme strat. But that is the fun of it right now, compared to CoH 2 where you were forced to do the same meta strat every game or you would automatically lose...
26 Feb 2023, 08:24 AM

Flamethrowerblob/Tommyblob are no issues when having a well placed HMG. I had no problems dealing with those yet. But it's still not a good gameplay, if the enemy is stomping around with 6 flamer engineers or AT rifles...

Therefore I would suggest: Increase flamethrower and AT rifle price from 50 to 70/80 ammo and decrease the range of Boys AT. They seem to have more range than the Enfield rifles...

Flamethrowers for the first time in COH feel pretty realistic. They must be deadly, I mean, they are damn flamethrowers.... But for balance purpose, I would decrease their range a bit. Right now due to their range, they can often stay in cover and shoot from cover to cover what makes it very difficult to kill them. In order to balance their high damage potential, flamethrowers should have shorter range and therefore have to stand in the open to shoot you in cover.

Haven't yet tested the Guastatori.
26 Feb 2023, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2023, 06:09 AMGarrett

Well, the game just came out, so it is really hard to tell what works and what is just a goofy meme strat. But that is the fun of it right now, compared to CoH 2 where you were forced to do the same meta strat every game or you would automatically lose...

You don't need to wait 6 months for meta to stabilize to realize long range, fast vehicle is a counter to short range infantry spam with no AT or AT nades.
26 Feb 2023, 11:30 AM

ALLIES spam plane, it's horrible

Planes anti-inf need to cost more Munitions
26 Feb 2023, 12:23 PM
Patrion 14

I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet, but IMO the most broken thing currently is the Wehr luftwaffe doctrine. You can drop fallschrimpioneers at the start of the match, to get better positioning. All well and good. But then those pios can build the 2cm flak emplacement immediately, which not only has insane range, but kills light vehicles (including light tanks), murders infantry, and is almost literally impossible to destroy. Dealing damage to it only decrews it, dealing no damage to the emplacement itself. If the enemy has a nearby halftrack or squad (spoiler, they always will), they can recrew the emplacement and keep it at full health.

One of these emplacements can basically shut down an entire section of the map for long enough to rush out a fast P4 or Wirbelwind. In 1v1 its not such an issue since you can go around and go for cutoffs, but on 2v2s and up, this emplacement literally wins games for free. The only counter is to win the opening engagement hard enough that the wehr player cant build one, then keep them off key points until you have tanks so they are not a big issue.
26 Feb 2023, 15:08 PM

I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet, but IMO the most broken thing currently is the Wehr luftwaffe doctrine. You can drop fallschrimpioneers at the start of the match, to get better positioning. All well and good. But then those pios can build the 2cm flak emplacement immediately, which not only has insane range, but kills light vehicles (including light tanks), murders infantry, and is almost literally impossible to destroy.

Yep. Seems OST meta is dropping fallspios onto the VPs and draining you before you even have a chance to contest it. The only response is US MG squad paradrop, but if there's no house next to the VP, you'll be flanked. GGEZ.

Dealing damage to it only decrews it, dealing no damage to the emplacement itself.

Yep. Can only deal damage to the emplacement itself when it's decrewed. If someone has a halftrack nearby (recrew abandoned teamweapon), or a reinforce bunker, you're not getting rid of it without some kind of world-ending call in.

Not a change from coh2 that I'm a fan of tbh.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 26
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L