Login

russian armor

Auto reinforce

12 Jan 2023, 12:55 PM

In say top 200 automatch play, do you think most will leave this on or have it off? I kinda wish it'll only be an option in unranked/custom and sp modes.
12 Jan 2023, 14:30 PM

Seems a completely unnecessary function to me, only catering to either really new players or console players for some reason? I would absolutely vote to remove it.
12 Jan 2023, 14:36 PM

I see a ton of simplifications for the sake of who (?) - automatic building, automatic reinforce. All this makes the game so super-casual and kills the elements of strategy.
12 Jan 2023, 14:46 PM

I see a ton of simplifications for the sake of who (?) - automatic building, automatic reinforce. All this makes the game so super-casual and kills the elements of strategy.

To cater to console players obviously ... But let`s be honest. This game is not going to be popular amongst console players. Relic is making stupid decisions over COH3. Can`t say I am surprised. Why do consoles even matter when the segment of console RTS-fans is basically non-existant? If you like RTS games you buy a computer.
12 Jan 2023, 15:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's a good feature. 90% of the time you'd reinforce your squads anyway, the times when you need to save the MP to build your tank a bit earlier do exist, but are rather rare.

It reduces stupid and mindless clicking. There is nothing tactical or strategic about spamming the reinforce button. Instead, it frees time for actual micro management and unit positioning.
12 Jan 2023, 16:10 PM

Not sure if I would put boring repetetive key spamming under strategy or skill.

I welcome auto reinforce, given the amount of hand holding the average coh unit needs with other shit like pathing for example.

Could I live without it? Sure, nonetheless its a quality of life improvement for the game
12 Jan 2023, 18:18 PM
Patrion 14

Yeah and what's with not having to manually reload your MGs?
The game has the NERVE to have the crews automatically reload after expending a belt of ammo!
How can they do so if I didn't click the button? Incredible and preposterous! This takes away all elements of strategy. Fkin game aimed at casuals, man.

And what's the deal with the tank loaders automatically reloading tank guns when we all here know automatic loading is for CONSOLE PEASANTS and strategic players such as myself can only appreciate the strategic gameplay of this game if it lets me press the button to load after every shot and if I don't click that button the tank shouldn't shoot until the end of the game.
12 Jan 2023, 20:04 PM

Its a great improvement 90% of the time

There are instances when one would not wanna reinforce, but... one can actually toggle it off, which is great
13 Jan 2023, 02:36 AM

- Auto reinfor is good for infield, soft retreat to Halftrack, ambulance.
13 Jan 2023, 03:07 AM

It's a good feature. 90% of the time you'd reinforce your squads anyway, the times when you need to save the MP to build your tank a bit earlier do exist, but are rather rare.

It reduces stupid and mindless clicking. There is nothing tactical or strategic about spamming the reinforce button. Instead, it frees time for actual micro management and unit positioning.

The most based response in this thread
13 Jan 2023, 05:17 AM
Senior Editor Badge

IMO auto-reinforce and other changes are pushing the game to emphasize combat and staying in the field even more. Auto reinforce on means that units you forget about at your base are ready to go once you realize that they're there!

Autovault makes pathfinding easier and you have more direct routes to cap points.

+16 points cap too slow IMO but it comes down to VPs.

I think every faction gets access to trucks or Half tracks that auto reinforce, incentivizing players to keep a forward position. The faster VP tick rate makes you want to stay on the field for longer, especially for those players who are able to successfully micro their forward army.
13 Jan 2023, 09:38 AM

IMO auto-reinforce and other changes are pushing the game to emphasize combat and staying in the field even more. Auto reinforce on means that units you forget about at your base are ready to go once you realize that they're there!

Autovault makes pathfinding easier and you have more direct routes to cap points.

+16 points cap too slow IMO but it comes down to VPs.

I think every faction gets access to trucks or Half tracks that auto reinforce, incentivizing players to keep a forward position. The faster VP tick rate makes you want to stay on the field for longer, especially for those players who are able to successfully micro their forward army.

This sounds like a convincing reason. Not a fan of the quicker match lengths though.
13 Jan 2023, 09:54 AM

i dont like auto reinforce.

manual reinforce is a coh legacy, yes it is just hitting R. but it is all about the little user micro to feel involved. it also helps to moderate the pace of a match.

with auto-reinforce, i sometimes forgot about my units in base or that i need to search for the reinforcing squad and squint to watch the reinforce meter filling up.
13 Jan 2023, 11:16 AM

I'm wondering what people will say about the restoration of enemy tanks. People whined about how unfairly abandoned tanks were when you broke through to the enemy and were abandoned there. Now imagine a common situation in CoH when a team makes a big tank attack and dies in the rear. And all these tanks will then return to pump you up. Remember kids - abandoned tanks are RNG and bad. And restored tanks are good.
13 Jan 2023, 13:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm wondering what people will say about the restoration of enemy tanks. People whined about how unfairly abandoned tanks were when you broke through to the enemy and were abandoned there. Now imagine a common situation in CoH when a team makes a big tank attack and dies in the rear. And all these tanks will then return to pump you up. Remember kids - abandoned tanks are RNG and bad. And restored tanks are good.

Comparing CoH2 abandons with CoH3 restoration does not make much sense.
Players complained because it was truly random, and also so rare that you the cost calculation would always be on the side of diving and potentially sacrificing that vehicle. So you'd dive, and then get that 5 % chance of an abandon that might turn around the whole game since the enemy is - with an investment of 1-2 min repair time - suddenly ahead of you despite you doing the correct calculation of diving. In those 5% of cases, CoH2 is literally punishing you for doing the correct thing.
As far as I can see, all (?) vehicles in CoH3 will be recoverable initially. This way, you can include it into your estimation of a positive outcome from the very start, and the game does not screw you over. If it was not worth it, it was your mistake.

Does the recovery make for good gameplay? I personally doubt it, since those dives that snipe 2-3 Katys have been hilarious in CoH2 and sometimes also the only way to reduce the artillery burden in large modes. We have to see how the meta develops in CoH3. It overall does not feel like those dives are really worth it though with all vehicles being much beefier.
13 Jan 2023, 14:31 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I understand where they are coming from, but for me personally I don't like this over-simplification. The little macro management CoH has has now been reduced even further. A sign of a decent player is not only how he manages combat, but also takes care of how fast reinforcements and replenished squads get back on the field. Also there is no reason to ever look at the base again apart from building the few structures a faction has to offer.
13 Jan 2023, 15:08 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2023, 14:31 PMluvnest
I understand where they are coming from, but for me personally I don't like this over-simplification. The little macro management CoH has has now been reduced even further. A sign of a decent player is not only how he manages combat, but also takes care of how fast reinforcements and replenished squads get back on the field. Also there is no reason to ever look at the base again apart from building the few structures a faction has to offer.

This. Turn off by default in ranked pls
13 Jan 2023, 15:08 PM

Not people gatekeeping spamming the reinforce button XD

If you don't like it, turn it off. Jesus Christ.
13 Jan 2023, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2023, 14:31 PMluvnest

you can build structures by clicking it on the mini-map now!

you cant even repair damaged base structures too...

100% no need to look into base is their objective...i am not sure the reasoning of focusing on the battlefield.

they tried this with Dow3 removing retreat and veterancy...it made all matches a bullet hell and flows too fast. suppression was also less useful in dow3. i am seeing the same with coh3 mg...
13 Jan 2023, 16:11 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2023, 15:08 PMGrim
If you don't like it, turn it off. Jesus Christ.

And as a result putting yourself at a disadvantage compared to the players who have it enabled? This is not a feature of personal preference like hotkey layout.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★