Login

russian armor

Auto reinforce

13 Jan 2023, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

I'm loving the QoL improvements. I feel like it benefits every player. There's a difference between macroskill and features that are old and in need of an update.

People who forget squads in base get punished enough, don't need to double the punishment and make them wait again on completing reinforcements like in coh2. It feels more modern/updated now.

Just like vaulting, why keep it a slog like it is now? Missclicking the vaultable object or getting stuck behind something is annoying and unnecessary in this day and age.
14 Jan 2023, 04:49 AM

Yes but gaming is about user involvement, user inputs.

how much automations to push for then?

they also removed medic stations, now is just another click to unlock. you cannot place a shared medic station in your base now. it is a small thing but a choice nonetheless

why even have different base structures and placements then? just have every selections in one structure with same unlockable mechanics? isnt it the same thing, waiting to unlock with accumulated resources, so why need players to move around selecting units from structures

so we can focus on the battlefield!

how about auto vehicle repairs when you move into any engineers repair range. so you dont have to click to repair especially now we have tank ridings!

how about auto mine sweeping? just click to unlock sweepers and your engineers will auto spot and auto clear mines at same time!

why not have auto retreat too? that you can set globally in your main base for every match, say if infantry health less than 15%, auto retreat. this can helps with latency spikes! and helps you focus on the battlefield!
14 Jan 2023, 06:44 AM

I'm wondering what people will say about the restoration of enemy tanks. People whined about how unfairly abandoned tanks were when you broke through to the enemy and were abandoned there. Now imagine a common situation in CoH when a team makes a big tank attack and dies in the rear. And all these tanks will then return to pump you up. Remember kids - abandoned tanks are RNG and bad. And restored tanks are good.

It's a monkey's paw moment for abandoned tank crit whiners for sure.
14 Jan 2023, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2023, 04:49 AMmrgame2
they also removed medic stations, now is just another click to unlock. you cannot place a shared medic station in your base now. it is a small thing but a choice nonetheless

mfw you can upgrade bunkers to medic stations as wehrmacht in coh3
mfw every faction gets an abulance

why even have different base structures and placements then? just have every selections in one structure with same unlockable mechanics? isnt it the same thing, waiting to unlock with accumulated resources, so why need players to move around selecting units from structures

mfw brits and USF already do this

how about auto vehicle repairs when you move into any engineers repair range. so you dont have to click to repair especially now we have tank ridings!

mfw repair stations exist

how about auto mine sweeping? just click to unlock sweepers and your engineers will auto spot and auto clear mines at same time!

mfw they already do this in coh2

I'm seeing such a visceral reaction from people about this game when it is really not that bad. People have issues with the cartoony artstyle but not the cartoony arcade gameplay. Newsflash: the game has always been cartoony, just not the graphics.

I find CoH3 to be fun. If you want to take issue with the game, pick something with more substance than: "WTFBI DONT HAVE TO SPAM R ANYMORE ON MY UNITS AT THE BASE??!! RELIC CATERING TO FILTHY CASUALS AS PER USUAL"
14 Jan 2023, 07:12 AM

At the end of the day, if you played coh2 because you wanted realism, there's actually a franchise for you: it's called Men of War, and the newest installment, Gates of Hell: Ostfront, is awesome. Also, Men of War 2 is on the way, so you could even play that. Hell, if you love realism so much, you could even play Spearhead or Wikinger mod. That'll really get your motor running.

However, if you played CoH because you liked CoH, then I really don't see what the massive outcry is about. Yeah the sounds are borked, supposedly it's getting fixed before release. But as for the gameplay, it's all there. And, in fact, relic proved me wrong, they actually made a light tank focused faction (granted they gave it a tiger call in so they kinda shit the bed there.) And somehow shermans are actually awesome.
14 Jan 2023, 07:59 AM

At the end of the day, if you played coh2 because you wanted realism, there's actually a franchise for you: it's called Men of War, and the newest installment, Gates of Hell: Ostfront, is awesome. Also, Men of War 2 is on the way, so you could even play that. Hell, if you love realism so much, you could even play Spearhead or Wikinger mod. That'll really get your motor running.

However, if you played CoH because you liked CoH, then I really don't see what the massive outcry is about. Yeah the sounds are borked, supposedly it's getting fixed before release. But as for the gameplay, it's all there. And, in fact, relic proved me wrong, they actually made a light tank focused faction (granted they gave it a tiger call in so they kinda shit the bed there.) And somehow shermans are actually awesome.

Because all these changes are a over simplification of tactics.

Auto-construction of buildings, auto-reinforce of units - all this is an element of tactics that was simply thrown away. Why now engineers at the start of the game? If the buildings are built independently. Start the game simply with an infantry unit. Now there is no choice, either you choose more control over the map because you dont build support or vice versa.
14 Jan 2023, 08:03 AM

mfw you can upgrade bunkers to medic stations as wehrmacht in coh3
mfw every faction gets an abulance

mfw brits and USF already do this

mfw repair stations exist

mfw they already do this in coh2

I'm seeing such a visceral reaction from people about this game when it is really not that bad. People have issues with the cartoony artstyle but not the cartoony arcade gameplay. Newsflash: the game has always been cartoony, just not the graphics.

I find CoH3 to be fun. If you want to take issue with the game, pick something with more substance than: "WTFBI DONT HAVE TO SPAM R ANYMORE ON MY UNITS AT THE BASE??!! RELIC CATERING TO FILTHY CASUALS AS PER USUAL"

mfw yes it is really about the OMG FILTHY CASUALS.

how much automations and standardizations does relic want to add more? every factions loses their identity, every games just flows and ends.

press A to win is also a QoL feature to reduce RSI injury....

nothing to do with the arcadey gameplay. Streetfighter is an arcade game with high level of user input.

RTS gamers love user micro. maybe those FILTHY CASUALS, MOBA STREAMERS and CONSOLE CASUALs prefer more automations to concentrate on the main battlefield pew-pew-pew light shows and hero units

dow3 tried a lot more automations.
14 Jan 2023, 08:42 AM

Auto-Reinforce is great.

Auto-vault hasn't annoyed me yet.
14 Jan 2023, 09:57 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2023, 04:49 AMmrgame2
Yes but gaming is about user involvement, user inputs.

how much automations to push for then?

so we can focus on the battlefield!

why not have auto retreat too? that you can set globally in your main base for every match, say if infantry health less than 15%, auto retreat. this can helps with latency spikes! and helps you focus on the battlefield!

All those what ifs are… what ifs.

Again, there’s a difference between necessary choices and unnecessary clicks.

Look at the coh2 improvements over coh1 that people were worried over. Being able to reinforce multiple squads at the same time. Having prioritize vehicle. A reverse button. All those things were being critized but are now standard practices that are fun and player friendly in the end.

With these changes February can’t come soon enough for me lol.
14 Jan 2023, 11:57 AM

After playing a bit more in various game modes, I have a concern about auto-reinforce.

Each faction has access to halftracks that can support map presence via healing and reinforcement. The addition of the automation makes it really easy to micro an offensive with such trucks. I dare say its even too easy simply because in CoH2 I suck in doing this.

But given the wide access im am unsure on how the actual impacts will be
14 Jan 2023, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2023, 08:03 AMmrgame2
how much automations and standardizations does relic want to add more? every factions loses their identity, every games just flows and ends.

wtf am I reading lmao. auto reinforce is in the game therefore every faction has no identity. Waht.

Anyways, you conveniently didn't address me pointing out that all those things you mentioned are actually already in the game anyways so I'll just write this off as another whine post about coh3's artstyle but using "muh micro removal" as a smokescreen.

14 Jan 2023, 19:57 PM

Its a good feature.
If you safe mp for something, turn it off until you get it, then turn it on again.

Spamming reinforce button is a waste of time and awareness you could be using on micro.
15 Jan 2023, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2023, 09:57 AMLooney

Look at the coh2 improvements over coh1 that people were worried over. Being able to reinforce multiple squads at the same time. Having prioritize vehicle. A reverse button. All those things were being critized but are now standard practices that are fun and player friendly in the end.

This exactly. I feel like all this discussion is some sort of "back in my day kids had respect", just regarding to coh gameplay and dumb console players.
I clearly remember the outcry over the reverse button. "How casual, I'd much rather shiftclick my tank 15 steps in reverse". Yes, it takes more precise skill and APM, but it's not tactics, it's not strategy.

To me, these new changes - as some of you already said - give way for actually cool and tactical play, not just mastering flawed machanics.
15 Jan 2023, 16:21 PM

I don't like it, you loose the control when to spend your manpower on what, maybe i want to safe for a tank and want to stall my infantry for a moment
15 Jan 2023, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2023, 16:21 PMmadin2
I don't like it, you loose the control when to spend your manpower on what, maybe i want to safe for a tank and want to stall my infantry for a moment

So turn it off.
15 Jan 2023, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2023, 18:07 PMKatitof

So turn it off.

15 Jan 2023, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2023, 18:07 PMKatitof

So turn it off.

It requires even more skill than before :D.
16 Jan 2023, 02:52 AM

wtf am I reading lmao. auto reinforce is in the game therefore every faction has no identity. Waht.

Anyways, you conveniently didn't address me pointing out that all those things you mentioned are actually already in the game anyways so I'll just write this off as another whine post about coh3's artstyle but using "muh micro removal" as a smokescreen.

not sure what's there to address? auto mine sweeping, you need to move your units over still, i usually click on it. user involvement.

for usf and brit tech unlock, they don't have weapon upgrade in battles. they cannot build structure at edge of territories to get a few seconds in fielding units. user involvement.

repair stations is doctrinal, should auto reinforcement be too? i think it will be better if so...

let's be honest, the auto reinforcement, auto valt, auto breach emplacement, are done for console ports. even that bulky in your face UI

taking away such user involvements, what new tactical abilities were added? cant find them, so game will end up feeling less involvements, no?
16 Jan 2023, 03:28 AM

It's something good

Who thinks it's fun to reinforce your troops on time? it saves some APM, only people with skill relying on APM are complaining, I guess
16 Jan 2023, 04:02 AM

It's something good

Who thinks it's fun to reinforce your troops on time? it saves some APM, only people with skill relying on APM are complaining, I guess

i argue with more automations, players with high apm gets even stronger...

as i said, vaulting and reinforcement helps to moderate the pace, asking for more user inputs. video games= user input, traditional rts =user inputs.

this is unlike say grinding to unlock features
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight