should the captain's vet1 be improved
Option Distribution Votes
43%
57%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
Vaz
19 Oct 2021, 23:06 PM

The captains vet1 ability is nearly useless, other than escaping minor suppression situations. When called on a squad, the squad will sprint(meaning it cannot fire) to the location of the captain. There are fire bonuses attached to it, but they are so short lived that by the time the target squad is ready to fire, the effect ends. This problem increases with increasing range to the captain; so if a squad is at the outer range of the ability, they have minimum buff time, of maybe a quarter or half a second.
19 Oct 2021, 23:22 PM

It was improved recently, as it no longer requires the Captain to face the unit.

I haven't tested, does it work on any suppression or only on light suppression?

Also, I would suggest adjust it to trigger the buffs AFTER the unit reaches the Captain.

The change to Heroic Charge on the Assault Officer has been a big deal, as it no longer gimps the AO to use it.
Vaz
19 Oct 2021, 23:40 PM

You can break any suppression, which is really the only reliable benefit to it right now.
20 Oct 2021, 01:03 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

+20% accuracy and -20% RA for FREE as well as suppression break and sprint. Why does this need a buff?

You can apply the buff and hit the stop command and the squad will then fire on enemies within their range. They don't have to sprint the whole way to the captain.

I use this ability any time it's up just for the combat buffs.
20 Oct 2021, 01:47 AM

It's free combat buffs. What more do you want? Also, it's borderline cheesy with grenades unlocked, you can literally YOLO into HMG use On Me and then throw a frag on the HMG.
MMX
20 Oct 2021, 05:22 AM

+1 to what shadowlink and etherealdragon said. "on me" is a pretty decent ability for the suppression break alone, the added combat buffs are just the icing on the cake. and while i can't say i'm using it very often this is mostly due to not going captain in most of my games, or simply forgetting about the ability in the few ones i do.

yes the forced sprint towards the captain is only situationally useful, but as already mentioned above you can cancel it at any time which adds a lot of flexibility. only want the combat buffs or quickly break suppression? just hit stop right away... want to sprint past an mg during a flank? go the full distance.

considering all this comes essentially for free i'd wager the ability is already quite good (if you know how to properly use it) and doesn't need any further buffs.
Vaz
20 Oct 2021, 06:51 AM

+20% accuracy and -20% RA for FREE as well as suppression break and sprint. Why does this need a buff?

You can apply the buff and hit the stop command and the squad will then fire on enemies within their range. They don't have to sprint the whole way to the captain.

I use this ability any time it's up just for the combat buffs.

Yes, the buffs are good, but I've been letting them run all the way to the captain, which they can fire 1 volley of fire before the buff ends.
20 Oct 2021, 06:57 AM

20 Oct 2021, 08:29 AM

It's a great ability. It's more than a great ability. It's free, buffs the unit, makes it sprint and takes them out of suppression. What more could you want? The ability is fine as it is.
20 Oct 2021, 18:57 PM

Imagine a OKW nondoc mainline or pio squad could have a cheese abilty to break mg spam ...and this okw would complain about it :S
20 Oct 2021, 19:08 PM

Imagine a OKW nondoc mainline or pio squad could have a cheese abilty to break mg spam ...and this okw would complain about it :S

if only 2 of your 6 existing doctrines didn't have a guaranteed enemy retreat button
20 Oct 2021, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2021, 19:08 PMKatukov

if only 2 of your 6 existing doctrines didn't have a guaranteed enemy retreat button

Note that he said nondoc. Though I feel this comment in my soul.
Vaz
21 Oct 2021, 03:47 AM

You don't need an ability, okw units can kill an mg from the front by default if you use more than 1 brain cell while using them
21 Oct 2021, 05:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You can use it to get some pretty ridiculous HMG wipes. On Me a Rifle squad in front of a HMG that is supposed to be suppressed, instantly hit stop, then throw a grenade onto the HMG. The ability is very cheesy, but certainly not weak.
21 Oct 2021, 06:36 AM
Donator 22

It's free combat buffs. What more do you want? Also, it's borderline cheesy with grenades unlocked, you can literally YOLO into HMG use On Me and then throw a frag on the HMG.

Sounds like a l2p issue.
I keep forgetting about the ability as I hardly ever used it effectively.
I need to learn this.
21 Oct 2021, 11:15 AM

Used it and had it used against me with varying results. Have seen ppl learn bad habits with it and think they can charge a vet III MG34 frontally point blank after breaking suppression. Granted it had 1 man left (with <10% hp) after his nade went off.

The grenade cheese is questionable and arguably punishes good MG use. "On me!" is a powerful ability but otherwise fine imho.
Vaz
21 Oct 2021, 21:37 PM

I've tried to cheese mg's with it, but found there is definitely an art to not getting chopped up by the machine gun.
21 Oct 2021, 21:44 PM

the only thing that it needs to be fixed is the auto move towards the captain, that shit makes no sense.

What really bothers me in the captain is how they gain less RA from vet compared to LT
21 Oct 2021, 22:37 PM

Oh no! my free unit has a free ability that isnt batshit OP PLS buff RELIC
22 Oct 2021, 01:51 AM

Personally I would rather see "On ME!" moved to the Major. It would fit design wise with how the Major is a small squad with strong abilities and would give further incentives to use the Major on the front lines instead of parked near an ambulance far away for an entire match.

Captain would then gain Grenades/AT Grenades as a replacement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★