Login

russian armor

Where are the Panzer IIIs?

22 Jul 2021, 08:36 AM

only a small fraction of forum boys want early war stuff.

the majority wants the famous tanks.

The fault isnt at Relic

Late-War is as stale as the bag of chips I forgot about on top of the fridge for a month and then accidentally left open last night. Some Panzer III's and M3 Lee's would be so refreshing.
22 Jul 2021, 08:39 AM

Guaranteed to be with the deseret corps. I'll eat a shoe otherwise.
22 Jul 2021, 08:47 AM

I guess it'll be pretty safe that this dream would go up with a smoke the moment we'll get panther confirmed, because you know, there was no 1945 german army in coh yet, so they might go for that.
22 Jul 2021, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 08:47 AMKatitof
I guess it'll be pretty safe that this dream would go up with a smoke the moment we'll get panther confirmed, because you know, there was no 1945 german army in coh yet, so they might go for that.

Ah yes. Because Panther, a tank that was used from mid 1943 on (and at least from early 1944 in Italy on), is the problem and not some late war prototype stuff like the BP (or stuff like the Wirbelwind or Chaffee which currently are in the game)

I really don't get your aversion towards the Panther and your claim that Panther confirmed = 1945 wehrmacht confirmed

I also would prefer if Panther would at least be a premium locked behind a doctrine but Panzer III fighting alongside Panther tanks would be a historically accurate possibility ...

also considering that Allies get BP and two-shot Archer so far (yes ik ik ... subject to change and so on)it is hard to imagine that Axis will be 1943 only with no Panthers because then they would literally stand no chance unless they give Panzer 4 some steroid rounds like they did with the SU 85.
22 Jul 2021, 12:35 PM

Wehraboos always go for 44-45 stuff; gaming companies unfortunately comply instead of actually trying something fresh and interesting.
22 Jul 2021, 12:39 PM

Wehraboos

ah yes the invisible enemy of many on this forum
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 12:42 PM

People do realise that the Germans used more Panthers than Panzer IIIs during WWII, right?

I'm also not sure where this idea that a faction being able to build something like a Panther or Tiger makes them "Ubiquitous and universal", really. Putting limits on things so you could only build one tiger every x games is not something conducive to good game design.

That said; I'm still hoping that the DAK get PzIIIs, and other early-war vehicles, though I guess we'll have to see.
22 Jul 2021, 12:47 PM

Wehraboos always go for 44-45 stuff; gaming companies unfortunately comply instead of actually trying something fresh and interesting.

Quite ironic considering that so far we have:

- a late war prototype on the allied side
- a late war light tank on the allied side
- a TD from 1944 on the allied side
- a rocket launcher on the allied side which first saw action in late 1944 (December)

22 Jul 2021, 12:54 PM

I just rewatched the trailer (just wanted to have a look at the Flak 88 model) and it stated from the beginning (the voice over) that it is italy 1944.

This premise does not necessarily justify the , let's say, 'artistic freedom' but nonetheless its not far fetched to have the archer and chaffee there then.

By just stating its 1944, they have leeway to have those units as they were operational in '44.

Just food for thought
22 Jul 2021, 12:56 PM

Quite ironic considering that so far we have:

- a late war prototype on the allied side
- a rocket launcher on the allied side which first saw action in late 1944 (December)

It has to do with general setting and the rush towards fantasy. Allied unused or rare late game hardware makes me no happier than MP44s everywhere or the focus on fantasy or super rare weapons, Axis or Allied. But yes, it is the Wehraboos coupled with the requirement to have the US in every game, that makes everyone and their mothers set their games in the same stale and boring 1944 instead of actually doing French, Polish or Barbarossa setting for once.

Just wait for the release and count the players with references to SS divisions or generals in their in-game nicks.
22 Jul 2021, 12:59 PM

I just rewatched the trailer (just wanted to have a look at the Flak 88 model) and it stated from the beginning (the voice over) that it is italy 1944.

This premise does not necessarily justify the , let's say, 'artistic freedom' but nonetheless its not far fetched to have the archer and chaffee there then.

By just stating its 1944, they have leeway to have those units as they were operational in '44.

Just food for thought

I am not complaining about Archer, Whizbang or Chaffee (even though Whizbang and Chaffee are early 1945 stuff).

I just wanted to point out that maybe it isn't just "Wehraboos" that are to blame for the setting being 44-45 again ... especially considering that stuff like Tiger I and Panther were avaible from 1943 (or at least from early 1944 in case of Panthers in Italy) on. The only tank so far which could be considered a late 44-45 tank on the axis side is the Wirbelwind

Everything else the Axis has is mid 1944 at most.

CoH1 also had Pershing and M18 rifle and CoH2 also had Pershing and had stuff like the Comet and Tulip rockets being a non-doc thing
22 Jul 2021, 16:29 PM

only a small fraction of forum boys want early war stuff.

the majority wants the famous tanks.

The fault isnt at Relic

I hardly believe forum boys gave 2 shits about StuGs and the Ostwind, or the Luchs and the Puma. If Relic puts it in the game people will come to appreciate it.
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 16:29 PMSpoof

I hardly believe forum boys gave 2 shits about StuGs and the Ostwind, or the Luchs and the Puma. If Relic puts it in the game people will come to appreciate it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I love vehicles like the StuG, Luchs, and Puma.
22 Jul 2021, 20:45 PM

Late-War is as stale as the bag of chips I forgot about on top of the fridge for a month and then accidentally left open last night. Some Panzer III's and M3 Lee's would be so refreshing.

thats your opinion

most people think different

22 Jul 2021, 22:53 PM

thats your opinion

most people think different

Most people are wrong. B-)
22 Jul 2021, 23:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm all for a diverse array of vehicles and weapons to be added to the game.

That being said, they all ought to have a specific role or, at least, a specific timing with which they are strong and useful. A panzer III could easily be a slightly worse p4 and force a player to choose between a weaker tank now or a stronger tank later.

I'm also of the opinion that coh3 could be some kind of "ultimate" coh experience; a separate tuning pack and direct port of old factions could be worthwhile in certain cases (Panzer Elite, Soviets, OKW?) I'd also like to see some early war stuff. I'd love to see one or more factions that uses Dutch, Belgian, French, and British equipment/soldiers. You solve the tank technology issue by having different periods of action where the late war german faction cannot (at least in automatch) compete with the early war French faction.
23 Jul 2021, 04:41 AM

I'm also of the opinion that coh3 could be some kind of "ultimate" coh experience;

I think CoH2 is the grandest it will get for now. CoH3 looks like a smaller scale setting that won't match the variety of units. A game about WW2 without Soviets and the eastern front can never be definitive.

EDIT: Of course, expansion packs could cover the other theaters and complete the picture.
23 Jul 2021, 06:41 AM

They hide in Katitof's closet and under his bed.
23 Jul 2021, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2021, 06:41 AMNaOCl

They hide in Katitof's closet and under his bed.

They certainly hide from me.

Also, there is some hope, given how panther is NOT a stock tank first time EVER in CoH history.
23 Jul 2021, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2021, 07:47 AMKatitof

Also, there is some hope, given how panther is NOT a stock tank first time EVER in CoH history.

If panthers were stock and p3s arent even in the game then i would be so confused lol. This is good to see
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★