Login

russian armor

The state of Sturmtiger

PAGES (17)down
11 Aug 2021, 21:17 PM

This is not ok.
1.Its projectile are now 100% hit and with very large AOE can deal very high damage to infantry unit even it not a direct hit.
2.Speed HP and armor is too good. It took around 8 shot form Tank destroyer to take it down now It won't abandon so It can stay in front line with no risk and it nearly impossible when enemy combined ST with some sort of AT unit.

AVRE have less problem than ST because axis have panther that fast,good acc,good hp and armour. while allies doesn't have any of this.
11 Aug 2021, 21:20 PM

Not to mention that comparing ST to arty is such a lame comparison that proves nothing,
you talk as if Axis doesn't have arty at all. Strange because the last time I checked they both have non-doctrine rocket arty while USF & UKF needs to pick commander to get one.

Agree compare arty with ST is nonsense.

Arty can not move and it driven by RNG and both side have it.

but ST are fast and with 100% hit(its projectiles always land in position that you click).
11 Aug 2021, 22:45 PM

I will... I will just post it here so many ppl can see this one more time.
(Asumming you are 3v3 or 4v4 player because you sound like one) 0 scatter walking stuka at 13 min. or close range warfer shotgun is not good enough for you?
I already mentioned that only one faction from allies gets to have non-doctrin rocket arty right?
And AVRE performing better than ST... I don't think I can handle you from here cause you seem to have no idea at all of why ST is called as OP right now.

I know exactly why you call it OP. But squad wipers that are very difficult to kill is not something new or exciting if you play a lot of ostheer or okw. this has something you have to deal with all the time but even i get somewhat frustrated when a random calliope missile kills an entire squad. But i do not find that a problem because a combination of flanking scouting and dodging you negate most arty. The same goes for the ST. So do that and you will be fine.
11 Aug 2021, 23:00 PM

Well we are getting a ST patch, confirmed.
12 Aug 2021, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2021, 22:45 PMZyllen

I know exactly why you call it OP. But squad wipers that are very difficult to kill is not something new or exciting if you play a lot of ostheer or okw. this has something you have to deal with all the time but even i get somewhat frustrated when a random calliope missile kills an entire squad. But i do not find that a problem because a combination of flanking scouting and dodging you negate most arty. The same goes for the ST. So do that and you will be fine.

No you can't flank or dodge strumtiger as same as you do with ARTY.
Arty can't move and it driven by rng. It 50/50 missed But ST is fast and high armour with 100% hit(previously Its projectile usually miss or hit with obstacle).

Mostly allies tank that able to penetrate ST from the fronts have very bad moving acc or slower than ST. so if enemy have other tank or AT or mine. It won't possible to kill ST while you need 8xshot to just takedown 1 tank(assuming it penetrate all shot and not missed) .

to counter ST you need at least 3x TD that you not possible to do at that timing(cp8) while you need popcap and resources for build infantry unit too.
12 Aug 2021, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2021, 21:20 PMvgfgff

Agree compare arty with ST is nonsense.

Arty can not move and it driven by RNG and both side have it.

but ST are fast and with 100% hit(its projectiles always land in position that you click).

there was an arty piece that could be compared to ST - OG B4. So one can say that ST is sort of a 40 range mobile B4 without scatter lmao
13 Aug 2021, 10:22 AM

there was an arty piece that could be compared to ST - OG B4. So one can say that ST is sort of a 40 range mobile B4 without scatter lmao

Well the patch notes rolled out and they didnt changed much about the ST. Seems the balance team agrees with my assessment
13 Aug 2021, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 10:22 AMZyllen

Well the patch notes rolled out and they didnt changed much about the ST. Seems the balance team agrees with my assessment

XD, 5 range is huge, you know that means it cannot fire out of the FOW anymore?
13 Aug 2021, 12:07 PM

10 range*, now an allied player will always see the sturmtiger coming
13 Aug 2021, 12:07 PM

Don't know if anyone knew, but the Sturmtiger in the current live patch can shoot beyond the 45 range at vet5. So it's 40 range extended to 45 with veterancy5 (and sight too) and it can fire to about 48 range.
Basically the AOE circle needs to be partially inside the max range dots, but not it's center. So the center of the AOE is outside of the 45 range allowing it nuke things out of the [already too large] max range.

It should at all vets have 35 max range and sight. Since it no longer decrews during reload, and it's max speed is quite high, a vetted ST is easy to keep alive which kinda makes the Summer update "nerfs" pointless. With vet it will again be able to self-spot at 40+ range.

Also you really need to address the fast fire bug. Managed to reproduce it by moving the ST, aiming outside of the max range and it would start the firing animation while driving into the range and instantly fire when the target is inside the range.
Of course, the bug is not there if the ST needs to rotate before firing. So just aim outside of the max range, ST begins the animation before it can even fire, and once it is inside the range, it fires instantly

I fired around the white dot, but it was beyond the 45 range. The center of the AOE circle was beyond and it still fired, rotated a bit but did not inch forward
13 Aug 2021, 12:09 PM

If there is no penalty whatsoever with its reloading, it might as well lose the manual reload.

I maintain that it should be immobile while reloading though. Sad to see it's not in the first version of the new patch, at least.
13 Aug 2021, 12:20 PM

lmao, said the guy who though that only price should be considered, while it at least gets the timing and range nerf. Also you were one of those few people who thought that the unit is fine

Some people are unique and some are very special xD
13 Aug 2021, 12:22 PM

Yeah, at vet5 it can fire beyond the 45 range. Not much, but to around 48. So you really really need to address the fast fire bug and the massive range of the nukes.
Tested it plenty of times, fast fire bug is easy to use and the range is just too damn massive
13 Aug 2021, 12:41 PM

I'm really surprised. Cause I thought I saw massive nerf at patch note. Are you sure you saw the same thing as I do?
13 Aug 2021, 13:10 PM

Did you lose units to a ST firing from the FOW? thats a low level mistake lad. Decent players can hear a ST coming and firing and dodge such an attack its still an utter horror to support weapons which s the main reason to use it.
13 Aug 2021, 13:11 PM

lmao, said the guy who though that only price should be considered, while it at least gets the timing and range nerf. Also you were one of those few people who thought that the unit is fine

Some people are unique and some are very special xD

That 5 range isnt going to change much
13 Aug 2021, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 13:11 PMZyllen

That 5 range isnt going to change much

1. That 5 range is difference between 100% being spotted before firing vs fire in FoW.
2. I think they also nerfed vet bonus which gave ST 45 range WITH 45 sight
13 Aug 2021, 13:15 PM

1. That 5 range is difference between 100% being spotted before firing vs fire in FoW.
2. I think they also nerfed vet bonus which gave ST 45 range WITH 45 sight

I doesnt really matter good players will use smoke
13 Aug 2021, 14:05 PM
Patrion 14

Sturmtiger and AVRE need to pick a role. They should either:

1) Be slow, heavily armored and high HP assault tanks that frontally smash defenses

2) Be more mobile, with less armor and HP so enemies can punish them if they stick around near the frontlines.

Currently, the Sturmtiger especially is both highly maneuverable and hard to kill for its price, and can reload very quickly when it feels like it since it can reload on the move.

I would like to see:
-A price nerf. The ST and AVRE are heavy tanks, and should be priced like it for their resilience and firepower.
-A maneuverability nerf. The AVRE and ST especially are too hard to follow and kill, and arrive on target too fast to deal with in a reliable manner.
-Range nerf (Glad to see this at least coming)
13 Aug 2021, 14:39 PM

Okay dude. You are a special type of delusional

You said all it needed was health or cost decrease lmao
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment