PAGES (17)down
17 Aug 2021, 16:37 PM

You can do the right basics, if...

..all factions need the same micro level
..factions are not artifically restricted in their stock rosters
..factions can compete on an eye level from early to late game

remove the brits then
17 Aug 2021, 22:01 PM

Compared to before it's now actually what it should be. It's not OP, but I would maybe as small timing balance increase the cp requirement to 10 or 11.
17 Aug 2021, 22:25 PM

remove the brits then

Yeah, together with OKW and USF since at least one aspects fits them too.

Soviets vs Ostheer only, we finally would have a game that is closer to balance then it was ever before. Regarding balance this game got worse with each Add-on.
17 Aug 2021, 22:37 PM
Patrion 14

COH is a game about unit preservation, and the Sturmtiger is not only a unit that flies in the face of this basic core of game design, but it also does so while being extremely cheap for the survivability and range it has.

AVRE and Sturmtiger shouldn't exist unless they have to actually drive into vision to fire, providing an opportunity for counterplay. If they were fragile like a ranged artillery unit, I would be more forgiving, because they could be killed with dives, but both have the armor and HP of a heavy tank (though the Sturmtiger moves more like a medium). At least the AVRE doesn't have beyond LoS range.

In all honestly, at its current strength level, the Sturmtiger should cost 200+ fuel and more pop, as well as more CPs and count as a heavy tank for the purposes of limiting other heavies. The replays I have seen from high level 1v1s have solidified this opinion of mine, that this unit is straight up broken as is. It shifts the entire burden of micro on the opponent, while also being stupidly easy to use.

I honestly have no idea how someone can not see how busted this unit is, beyond factionalism.
17 Aug 2021, 23:11 PM

COH is a game about unit preservation, and the Sturmtiger is not only a unit that flies in the face of this basic core of game design, but it also does so while being extremely cheap for the survivability and range it has.

AVRE and Sturmtiger shouldn't exist unless they have to actually drive into vision to fire, providing an opportunity for counterplay. If they were fragile like a ranged artillery unit, I would be more forgiving, because they could be killed with dives, but both have the armor and HP of a heavy tank (though the Sturmtiger moves more like a medium). At least the AVRE doesn't have beyond LoS range.

In all honestly, at its current strength level, the Sturmtiger should cost 200+ fuel and more pop, as well as more CPs and count as a heavy tank for the purposes of limiting other heavies. The replays I have seen from high level 1v1s have solidified this opinion of mine, that this unit is straight up broken as is. It shifts the entire burden of micro on the opponent, while also being stupidly easy to use.

I honestly have no idea how someone can not see how busted this unit is, beyond factionalism.

The Avre is somehow balanced slightly more because of having to drive into sight and beeing quite a bit slower. In addition it hasn't this fastfire bug. It is only op on maps with hedgerows and other vision blockers it can shoot over. There it can hit you without a warning too. I wouldn't bother nerving both units to same level below Avre.
Vaz
17 Aug 2021, 23:33 PM

axis vs avre and allies vs sturmtiger are two very very different battles. Axis has a wealth of hard hitting anti tank options that make it much more difficult to succeed with the avre. The way I see people use the st is much more liberal/couragous/brave/stupid whatever you want to use. people don't feel very threatened.

Both units could go with some nerfs. Doing something to their main gun seems stupid, because then what is the thing even there for in the first place? Make them slower. Rotate slower, fire/cooldown slower, slower max speed. That way you can use it on defense buildings, but you can't use it singlehandedly win every battle for you. If opponents want to skill blob against it, then they will lose their army, regardless of faction.

The range on the st has to go though, it's extremely op
21 Aug 2021, 17:03 PM

Guess we can call this ‘Skill Tiger’ now :lol:
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak