Login

russian armor

Is the Black Prince supposed to be some kind of easter egg?

Pip
14 Jul 2021, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:06 PMKatitof

Google yourself "Mark III free gun reflector sight".

That's a Reflector Sight, not a Holographic Sight. Come on, at least do your research.
14 Jul 2021, 19:12 PM

Lmao coh2 has Germans running around with infrared sights and you’re mad about historical accuracy?

I didn't like Night Vision / Infra Red in CoH2 either but at least Night Vision was used ... unlike Black Prince

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:06 PMKatitof

Google yourself "Mark III free gun reflector sight".

This was used on Planes. So what? (+ what Pip said)
14 Jul 2021, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:08 PMPip

But the Black Prince isnt WW2-themed, as it didn't fight in WW2.

This is a really stupid reductio ad absurdum you're making.

Yikes how thick-headed are you? It's obviously within borders of the broader term: "WW2-themed". Albeit it's a prototype, and its place in the game - for that reason - is questionable.
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 19:24 PM

Yikes how thick-headed are you? It's obviously within borders of the broader term: "WW2-themed". Albeit it's a prototype, and its place in the game - for that reason - is questionable.

If it wasn't actually used by a belligerent of WWII in some sort of official capacity I'd hardly call it fair to declare it "WW2-Themed". How do you even define "WWII themed" if not by the use of something in the conflict? The Maus and IS-3, as others have mentioned, would fit the bill in the same way as the BP, but It's seriously a stretch to call them "WWII" vehicles.

This isnt being "thick-headed", this is just your point not making sense.
14 Jul 2021, 19:30 PM

That might be the case but for a lot of people this is simply too broad. When I hear "WW2 themed" I want to see stuff that actually took part in the fighting and not some prototypes that were never used. Otherwise we might as well add Maus, E-100, M6, the Kugelpanzer, the MG 45, the StG 45, the Henschel Hs 297 (anti Air rocket arty),the Kugeblitz, the T 28, the RAM, ...

14 Jul 2021, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:24 PMPip

If it wasn't actually used by a belligerent of WWII in some sort of official capacity I'd hardly call it fair to declare it "WW2-Themed". How do you even define "WWII themed" if not by the use of something in the conflict? The Maus and IS-3, as others have mentioned, would fit the bill in the same way as the BP, but It's seriously a stretch to call them "WWII" vehicles.

This isnt being "thick-headed", this is just your point not making sense.

It makes perfect sense and is commonly used by several authors when it comes to "prototypes" and their place in history. Point is: prototypes were made and tested during the war, with their main objective being used in the conflict - ergo "WW2-themed".

This prototype-discussion has been rinsed up and down in several fanbases as to prototypes place in WW2-themed videogames - not histoircally accurate games. The shitshow in WT, WoT, WoWS, CoH is a circlejerk and is still ongoing to this day. Like it or not, prototypes end up in WW2-themed games.
14 Jul 2021, 19:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

American/UK units in soviet maps? NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Soviets in Bulge maps? NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Soviets + Western Allies playing together? NOTHING TO SEE HERE

JADGTIGER? NOTHING TO SEE HERE

CHURCHILL with a 17 pounder? OMG KILL RELIC NOW
14 Jul 2021, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:40 PMnigo

Minor issue. Barely/ not even noticeable. Not avoidable.

Minor issue. Barely/ not even noticeable. Not avoidable.

Not liked by a lot of players. Not avoidable because that was considered too restricting and affected gameplay.

Saw enough action in WW2. Perfectly fine.

Absolutely avoidable, not needed and going against the flair of mid-war setting to set the game apart from former COH titles. Not even fitting the setting.
14 Jul 2021, 19:50 PM

You do realize that Sov. and Western Allies playing together is a necessary inaccuracy that is caused and excused by it being in Multiplayer (also 1v1 is mostly fine). Meanwhile Black Prince will also be there in Single Player (also I would heavily prefer it if stuff like Sov. + Western Allies playing together could be avoided in non custom games in the future)

And what is your point with the Jagdtiger? Jagdtiger was used and there are records of it
14 Jul 2021, 19:58 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I do agree that there is a massive overreaction here to the BP. I do recall it being requested by a friend and others back when we were still getting new UKF Commander sales

14 Jul 2021, 20:09 PM

Add the BP, add some funky experimental german stuff and add the Japanese, have them fight in Europe like you saw Soviets in the battle of the bulge in COH 2.

I honestly dont care, Men of war has done this "ww2 themed" thing for a long time and so called history fans eat it all up without pissing themselves over seeing a BP fight their Tiger on equal grounds.

But when there is a spooky prototype tank in coh some people loose their shit, especially if its something the allies cooked up.
14 Jul 2021, 20:11 PM

If it's thematically fitting and fun then it doesn't matter to me if it's not historically accurate
14 Jul 2021, 20:14 PM

After M18 recoiless rifles in COH, and the Pumas, and the Ostwinds, and the infrared scope STGs, it doesn't really make that much of a difference TBH.

Would it really be better if they just made a regular 6pdr Churchill with high stats?
14 Jul 2021, 20:16 PM

Imagine complaining about BP historical accuracy when the skies of coh2 are filled with german planes
14 Jul 2021, 20:19 PM

Imagine complaining about BP historical accuracy when the skies of coh2 are filled with german planes

Rofl.

Everybody gangsta till the Luftwaffe is relevant again
14 Jul 2021, 20:22 PM

Rofl.

Have they ever been relevant?
14 Jul 2021, 20:27 PM

But when there is a spooky prototype tank in coh some people loose their shit, especially if its something the allies cooked up.

My reaction would have been the same if it were a E-100 or Maus tank

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 20:14 PMMusti
After M18 recoiless rifles in COH, and the Pumas, and the Ostwinds, and the infrared scope STGs, it doesn't really make that much of a difference TBH.

Would it really be better if they just made a regular 6pdr Churchill with high stats?

M18 rifles were used, Puma was used, Ostwind was used, Nightvision STG was used. Black Prince was not used.

IIrc the Luftwaffe wasn't that outmatched in the East. They actually dropped more Bombs than the Soviets in 44 iirc. Also during the Ardennes Offensive the managed to achieve air superiority in certain places too albeit at a high cost

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 20:14 PMMusti

Yes
14 Jul 2021, 20:29 PM

My reaction would have been the same if it were a E-100 or Maus tank

I mean the E100 never had a turret so it would be kinda kek to see an unfinished hull with a bunch of volksturm kids in it rolling around
14 Jul 2021, 20:32 PM

I mean the E100 never had a turret so it would be kinda kek to see an unfinished hull with a bunch of volksturm kids in it rolling around

Imagine Osttruppen with that. Lelic I beg you to do it!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★