Command Tiger Ability:
Option Distribution Votes
32%
68%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Jul 2021, 07:34 AM

Hey guys,

I wonder why the Command Tiger ability seems so underpowered compared to Command Panther aura. This thread has nothing to do with Axis/Allies OP plz nerf/buff OMG.... It's just a comparison between 2 abilities of the same fraction.

Command Panther Aura:
- passive
- range 80
- for free

Bonuses:
- +15 sight range
- +10% speed
- +20% ac/de- celeration (with Vet 1)
Veterancy 2: additional +20% accuracy.
Veterancy 3: additional +20% reload speed.
Veterancy 4: additional +5 weapon range.
Veterancy 5: spread aura on infantry

Command Tiger Aura ability:
- active
- range 35 (40 with Vet 2)
- 35 ammo

Bonuses:
- +20% reload speed
- -20% received accuracy
- +20% accuracy

So in conclusion, the Command Panther has doubled range of aura, provides the same accuracy and reload bonus, gives more speed and is for free. On top of that, he exceeds sight range, buffs ac/de- celeration and extends weapon range. Furthermore, with Vet 5 it spreads to nearby infantry. The only bonus lacking is the -20% received accurcy....

Can anybody tell me, why this seems well balanced? I don't get it...
10 Jul 2021, 07:50 AM

After reading this the cmd panther ability is just far to strong. The command tiger seems more reasonable and fine.
10 Jul 2021, 10:29 AM

The command panther has worse veterancy compared to the standard panther. On top of it the command panther doesnt benefit from the aura (as far as i know). In the end its a worse panther with mark target, that buffs other units.

On the other side is the command tiger more or less the same as the default tiger from Ost. And it doesnt get debuffed from the ability anymore. So you have a full working tiger with a nice aoe buff ability.

Its probably a little underwhelming, but its still nice to have and the current state is better than the thing being owerpowered.
10 Jul 2021, 13:38 PM

The "command Tiger" design was a bad idea to begin with and it should simply be scraped
10 Jul 2021, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2021, 10:29 AMGeblobt
The command panther has worse veterancy compared to the standard panther. On top of it the command panther doesnt benefit from the aura (as far as i know). In the end its a worse panther with mark target, that buffs other units.

On the other side is the command tiger more or less the same as the default tiger from Ost. And it doesnt get debuffed from the ability anymore. So you have a full working tiger with a nice aoe buff ability.

Its probably a little underwhelming, but its still nice to have and the current state is better than the thing being owerpowered.

The Command Tiger itself neither benefits from its ability.
10 Jul 2021, 16:10 PM

Command units generally do not benefit from their auras
10 Jul 2021, 16:16 PM

its completely fine imo because the command tiger can get 3 bonuses from a button press while the command panther has to be like at vet3+ for similar bonuses.

quick question: does the command tiger buff work on raketen reload times?
10 Jul 2021, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2021, 16:16 PMSmaug
its completely fine imo because the command tiger can get 3 bonuses from a button press while the command panther has to be like at vet3+ for similar bonuses.

Aura effects Vehicles only
MMX
10 Jul 2021, 16:56 PM

this pretty much. reaching vet 3 with the cmnd panther already feels like an eternity and i have rarely ever seen one getting to 5 stars. sure, the buffs it provides at vet 3 and onwards look great on paper, but getting there is an arduous task to say the least.

afaik the aura was recently changed to affect vehicles only, so it shouldn't affect the rak.
10 Jul 2021, 18:04 PM

These are units with different use cases. If you need fast antitank platform with hefty sight range (50) - command panther is better. If you looking for all-rounder that can hit armor and infantry from considerable range - command tiger is better.

I'd even argue that command tiger is better, because Grand Offensive is an all round very good doctrine. But in general both units are far from OP, so you look for a package that better suits your needs and playstyle.
10 Jul 2021, 20:30 PM

The bonus the tiger has is that it's a tiger. You are getting more from the unit via pretty great gun. You get less command but more tank. I think it's aight
11 Jul 2021, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2021, 16:56 PMMMX

this pretty much. reaching vet 3 with the cmnd panther already feels like an eternity and i have rarely ever seen one getting to 5 stars. sure, the buffs it provides at vet 3 and onwards look great on paper, but getting there is an arduous task to say the least.

afaik the aura was recently changed to affect vehicles only, so it shouldn't affect the rak.

That's true for a vet 5 Command Panther, but you can easily get a vet 2 one. And even with vet 2, the Cmd Panther aura seems way sronger.

I personally liked the idea of buffing vehicles AND infantry with Tiger Command ability. This would have differed from the Cmd Panther Aura and justified the price and low aura range. In the current state, IMO its almost useless, just because its range (35/40) is way too short to synergize with other vehicles, especially in 2v2 with a mate.

What aura ranges does Cmd Panzer 4 and british cmd vehicle have? Maybe equalising it would help a lot.
11 Jul 2021, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What aura ranges does Cmd Panzer 4 and british cmd vehicle have? Maybe equalising it would help a lot.

Command P4 has 45 aura range and the British command vehicle 30/40 to vehicles/infantry respectively.
It is actually the command Panther that has a huge aura. I don't know how and which bonusses spread to Allies as well, but a range 80 aura that buffs Allies as well is huge and covers basically the whole frontline of yours and potentially a mate depending on the mode and map.

I find the Cmd Pnather aura to be stronger, but I assume the main difference is the vehicle. The Tiger is very, very strong. Another point is that you pay extra for the Panther. The Tiger is just a normal Toger with the added bonus of a command ability
11 Jul 2021, 10:49 AM

All those "Command Vehicles" are just shit design. They encouraged blobbing so they changed it to affect only vehicles, but OKW is the least feasible faction for that because their MEDIUM tank costs 140 fuel
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS