Login

russian armor

USF Pathfinders need to be balanced

PAGES (8)down
24 Jun 2021, 14:47 PM

Therefore I suggested to town down their arrival, increase cooldown and withdraw their weapon slots. They will still be useful and powerful at long range, can snipe and spot the enemy. But Bazooka-Finders or BARfinders?? Really? ...

?
why, 290mp unitis not enough ? talk alot of time to call in 3 Path to toying with you. Yet you complain because your own problem "lack of map awareness - mirco skills".
I couldn't believe no one bought Brumbar, Ostwind, Panzerwerfer .... and yet committed a drive with Panther, seriously, USF team only had 1 snare, JUST 1 snare.
USF pay fuel, ammu for every single BAR, Zoo so there are no way Path cant have some. IF Path lost weapon slot, IJL would have a same treatment.
And hey, You dont even know how to use "counter attack ability", keep spamming it wont help you win 3 path forcus fire.
24 Jun 2021, 15:54 PM

but as you taking the important of model drop into account, the current 75%hp crit of jLi is also nowhere near healthy, too..

The JLI snipe requires previous damage and comes down to RNG. If the Kar 98K models happen to target other models than the G43 model then you won't get any drops until later in the firefight. Or if it just happens to target a model that is still above 75% hp. It can also still miss when the target is in cover. It's still very different from a paid guaranteed instant snipe ability.
24 Jun 2021, 17:00 PM

The JLI snipe requires previous damage and comes down to RNG. If the Kar 98K models happen to target other models than the G43 model then you won't get any drops until later in the firefight. Or if it just happens to target a model that is still above 75% hp. It can also still miss when the target is in cover. It's still very different from a paid guaranteed instant snipe ability.

I already said it was my personal preference and opinion on another guy's suggestion. Sitll, My point is a RNG setup like that make the engagement hard to predict and manage for both side and often lead to frustration situations, which i believe is unhealthy. AT the same time, i have my own ideal of how to balance the siper shot. Still, the way you reply indicate that you will most likely to not change anything, and i too see the reasons behind that decision so no further explanation is needed.
24 Jun 2021, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2021, 09:47 AMVipper
Imo unit of this type should designed as support/scout units and be balanced around the 240 price.

The critical kill mechanism could be turned into a timed ability to avoid ""critical kill blobs"

They should make them a 290mp, 4 man squad with no snare. Ideally in a commander that is going to have access to paratroopers later on so that they gimp their MP supply for when they unlock them.

25 Jun 2021, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2021, 21:31 PMGrim

They should make them a 290mp, 4 man squad with no snare. Ideally in a commander that is going to have access to paratroopers later on so that they gimp their MP supply for when they unlock them.

:thumbsup::clap::romeoHype:
29 Jun 2021, 15:35 PM

Pathfinders are not that Overpowered as you think.

First. Pathfinders have 2 Snipe rifles. but its Carbine fights bad in far range(80.5%~40.3%) so It doesn't match with snipe Garand's Far range fight.
But Jaeger's Kar98 is as same as Grenadiers one. so It can fight in far range.

Second. Pathfinders Veterancy growth and V0 Fight ability is not that good.
V0 : no Target size bonus. Snipe under 32HP, Sniper garand gets no bonus against Cover.

V1 : Sight Range + 5
V2 : cooldown -20%, Target size -29%
V3 : rifle range +5, Accuracy +20%, Can move while Clocked.

Jaeger Light Infantry

V0 : 20% Target size bonus, snipe under 60HP, G43 almost Ignores cover bonuses(90% accuracy in building or cover, Only Trench gets full cover effects), have First Strike Bonus
V1 : Field medic-kit
V2 : Target size -29%.
V3 : Accuracy '40%' bonus
V4 : range +2.5
V5 : Cooldown -20%.

Snipe G43

Accuracy : 57.5%/92%/115%(at range 0/25/35)

Cooldown : 1.3~1.9 sec(100~150% at close~Far range)

aim prepare : 0.75~1
Aim time : 1.3~1.5
shot delay:0.25secs
aim time rate(150~250%)

Pathfinders Snipe garand

Accuracy : 34.5%/57.5%/92% at range 0/25/35
cooldown : 0.375~0.75sec
shot delay : 1.3sec
aim prepare : 0.25~0.5
aim time : 0.375~0.625
aim time rate(150~250%)

As you see. we can even buff Pathfinders, but nerfing will be clearly dumb idea.
29 Jun 2021, 15:52 PM

Maybe you should add the cost/CP/XP values if you want to do a proper comparison...
29 Jun 2021, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2021, 15:52 PMVipper

Maybe you should add the cost/CP/XP values if you want to do a proper comparison...

You're right, but it is event more right with the Op, he brought up the comparison from the fist place. The whole thread is a joke from the beginning to begin with.
29 Jun 2021, 18:44 PM

Letting pathfinder grab BARS is a dumb idea, just that.
30 Jun 2021, 06:53 AM

Letting pathfinder grab BARS is a dumb idea, just that.

I won you last week with that strat. :nahnah:
30 Jun 2021, 11:06 AM

You can tell someone's been crutching on the double pathfinder opener too much when they think they can stand up to LMG Obers with Vet III Pathfinders :S
30 Jun 2021, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2021, 06:53 AMEsxile

I won you last week with that strat. :nahnah:

Replay?
30 Jun 2021, 19:13 PM

Pathfinders - cheaper, come out slightly earlier, has 2 snipe carbines, but has substantially worse snipe HP requirement (32hp vs 60hp). Can be equipped with BARs. The only OP bs that they had (instant arty) was nerfed few patches ago.

JLI - have better snipe, substantially more durable in infantry firefights (RA comparable to Panzer Grenadier's), especially with vet, have more reliable snipe, have first strike ability (or whatever the ability called, when axis unit gets accuracy bonus coming out from camo), need initial muni investment to operate, has sprint and boobytraps.

If I had to choose between those 2 I would have chosen JLIs, because it is a better combat unit overall, despite it is a more expensive unit out of those 2.

USF Pathfinders are balanced, especially if JLIs are.
20 Oct 2021, 01:53 AM

Pathfinders - cheaper, come out slightly earlier, has 2 snipe carbines, but has substantially worse snipe HP requirement (32hp vs 60hp). Can be equipped with BARs. The only OP bs that they had (instant arty) was nerfed few patches ago.

JLI - have better snipe, substantially more durable in infantry firefights (RA comparable to Panzer Grenadier's), especially with vet, have more reliable snipe, have first strike ability (or whatever the ability called, when axis unit gets accuracy bonus coming out from camo), need initial muni investment to operate, has sprint and boobytraps.

If I had to choose between those 2 I would have chosen JLIs, because it is a better combat unit overall, despite it is a more expensive unit out of those 2.

USF Pathfinders are balanced, especially if JLIs are.

hey guy, come back here
20 Oct 2021, 06:48 AM

22 Oct 2021, 14:38 PM

I have a pretty decent solution. It is suggested to completely replace the performance of JLI and Pathfinders. I expect this to be quite satisfactory for the person who wrote this article.
23 Oct 2021, 07:59 AM

watch the match
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1169866360?t=03h52m41s

Okay cool, so if my enemy is braindead and has absolutely no idea what "cover" means, then I have a chance. Thanks for the pro tip! :bananadance:

And of course, there is no issue with Pathfinders. Almost every USF player right now picks Airborne commander and just builds 3-4 of them, because the models have such cool skins and voices. Thats the only reason and not their incredibly strong performance....

:loco:
23 Oct 2021, 13:40 PM

Okay cool, so if my enemy is braindead and has absolutely no idea what "cover" means, then I have a chance. Thanks for the pro tip! :bananadance:

And of course, there is no issue with Pathfinders. Almost every USF player right now picks Airborne commander and just builds 3-4 of them, because the models have such cool skins and voices. Thats the only reason and not their incredibly strong performance....

:loco:

:bananadance: <-you

-> the context.
That's pretty far.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/109492/jp4-performance/post/879404
28 Oct 2021, 09:45 AM

I don't really think pathfinders are a good replacement for rifles as OP suggests. Pathfinders are way too weak early game, both in staying power and combat power, to really do anything solo early game.

They vet up ridiculously fast though, probably the easiest unit to get vet 3 with in the game.
28 Oct 2021, 10:59 AM

Given how much better Jaegers are, I think they are ok as they are.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS