Login

russian armor

USF Pathfinders need to be balanced

PAGES (8)down
21 Jun 2021, 10:59 AM

My suggestions to balance Pathfinders and prevent people from abusing them:

- Pathfinders 1 CP; increase call-in cooldown to 100 sec.
- Beacon does only provide reinforcements for Airborne Rangers; no sight in FOW anymore (Pathfinders' sightrange is largely enough)
- Sniper rifles take both weapon slots (the possibility of easily upgrading them with double BARs or Zooks is insane)

Quick comparison:
OKW Jäger:

- 1 CP, 300MP, 8 popcap, reinforcement 35MP
- 100 sec. call-in cooldown
- G43 Sniper needs to be upgraded for 60 ammo
- Upgrade needs a set up truck

USF Pathfinders:

- 0 CP, 290MP, 6 popcap, reinforcement 30MP
- 24 sec. call-in cooldown
- 2 Sniper rifles for free
- 2 free weapon slots (BAR and Bazooka)

I DO NOT want to make them the same. Their weapon profiles differ and their sniper rifles work a bit different, thats absolutely okay. Thats not the matter!

The issue is simple: You can spam Pathfinders early on and upgrade them easily with powerful weapons while still beeing cheaper than Jäger.

To understand my consideraions, watch the replay. It's just a bad joke...
MMX
21 Jun 2021, 13:32 PM

Pathfinders OP? That's certainly a new one.
21 Jun 2021, 13:44 PM

Jägers, once upgraded, are far stronger than Paths later on.
21 Jun 2021, 14:30 PM

did you know Pathfinder easier to kill than jaeger ? they also lack of counter sniper ( only got damage buff in current patch).
Not to mention Jaeger has higher Crit rate + accuracy.
21 Jun 2021, 14:45 PM

JLI have higher CP/cost. Just because they are better that does not mean Pathfinder are fine.

For sure their XP value is way too low.
21 Jun 2021, 14:45 PM

Pathfinders are fine. They are not a problem. They do shine as weapon crew due to their sight. Don't let them capture your Puppchen or else.
21 Jun 2021, 15:24 PM

To op. Man, i and my mate just watch your replay. Just one thing, 3vp and 2/3 map control include 2 fuels from the stat upto 15+ minute without any vp loss and you managed to lose that game ? I mean you dont event lose yet, you rage quit after a massive series of bad play on your own.

Still, i have to thank you, we have a lot of laugh watching that replay :v.
21 Jun 2021, 15:38 PM

this is a replay of typical 2v2 high level tag team vs random players.
1/ about USF, they trolololol tactic just worked. you lost against 3 bazooka Paths + M8 scout spam ? seriously, why buy Puma when you can wait and buy Ostwind because both of them go Airbone comp.
2/ Your teammate just feed to much advantage fuel just for 1 AAHT, and you spamming ammo for fast cap ability ? why ? where is minefield, where is your FOB ? Halftrack for keep presure on enemies fuel ?.
3/ their path almost WIPED everytime, why not Forcus fire ?. and yet suicide Armored car for 1 AAHT, ambulance ? did you actually know how to kitting and bleeding 3 stack of paths ?
4/ You knew 1 guy went 3 pathfinders and yet still bought 2 panzergren. Could you bring your armored car with them instead of charging 1 by 1 ?. Or follow up with gren to forcus fire each pathfinder,
> Well, you should rebalance your skill, not 3 Paths full Bazooka.

21 Jun 2021, 15:43 PM

Pathfinders are fine. They are not a problem. They do shine as weapon crew due to their sight. Don't let them capture your Puppchen or else.

The Sight got nerfed in the last patch.
21 Jun 2021, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think Paths are fine.
They're fairly weak out of the gate, and to be really effective they need a Rifle squad in front of them as a stopper as well as a damage dealer so they can get their 40% HP snipes.

I am not quite sure why OP does a comparison when JLI have a clear advantage in direct combat, yet the combat performance is not part of the comparison. Of course Paths are going to look very good.

What I can agree on though is to increase the CD. They're not meant to replace Rifles anyway, so there is no reason for them to have a very short CD.
21 Jun 2021, 16:21 PM

I think Paths are fine.
They're fairly weak out of the gate, and to be really effective they need a Rifle squad in front of them as a stopper as well as a damage dealer so they can get their 40% HP snipes.

I am not quite sure why OP does a comparison when JLI have a clear advantage in direct combat, yet the combat performance is not part of the comparison. Of course Paths are going to look very good.

What I can agree on though is to increase the CD. They're not meant to replace Rifles anyway, so there is no reason for them to have a very short CD.

well, watch his replay and you will understand.
21 Jun 2021, 16:42 PM

I think Paths are fine.

Would have to agree with this. If someone is spamming Pathfinders they are going to bleed MP hard. The main advantage to the Pathfinder is the sight range and the invisibility not its combat power.
21 Jun 2021, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 13:32 PMMMX
Pathfinders OP? That's certainly a new one.

Yeah, in team game they are a pain in the ass for Ost. Cant do anything to em.
21 Jun 2021, 16:45 PM

Yeah, in team game they are a pain in the ass for Ost. Cant do anything to em.

Lmao, then watch that replay first.
21 Jun 2021, 16:50 PM

Lmao, then watch that replay first.

why does anything funny happen.
21 Jun 2021, 16:53 PM

Read my comment abrove. Losing to 3 path zoo + 4 m8 scout is fuking funny. Those guys not even bother go full BARfinder and yet only RE, captain to cover them....
21 Jun 2021, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Matchmaking.

OP would had lost no matter what units the enemy was using.
Pip
21 Jun 2021, 18:41 PM

did you know Pathfinder easier to kill than jaeger ? they also lack of counter sniper ( only got damage buff in current patch).
Not to mention Jaeger has higher Crit rate + accuracy.

Uh, what? OKW doesn't have a counter-sniper either. Are you confusing JLI and the Jaeger Command Squad?

Also: I am reasonably certain that "spamming" pathfinders is not a genuinely effective tactic. They're all but unable to assault, are rather squishy, and their main damage output relies on them plinking at people from max range while immobile. They also lack a snare.

Neither Paths nor Jaegers are effective as "mainline" infantry, you're looking to get murdered trying to force them to work like that. Both are support infantry, best used with a screen of Volks/Paras/Riflemen.
21 Jun 2021, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 18:41 PMPip

... and their main damage output relies on them plinking at people from max range while immobile. ...
Pathfinder close DPS is actually quite good especially IR Pathfinders.
21 Jun 2021, 21:05 PM

I use Pathfinders regularly, and imo they are fine at best. The only situation where they are OP is when I play vs someone who obviously doesnt know their weapon profile at all and stays as far away as possible from me.

The airborne paths can't hit a barn door if the enemy walks towards you for CQC, because the sniper rifles have an inverted profile: Maximum accuracy at maxrange, bad accuracy at short range. You can test that for yourself, I think even Wehr pio has a chance of winning if they just walk up.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
unknown 15
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W