Login

russian armor

The devs did it again... Buffed B4 into the heaven

PAGES (13)down
22 Jun 2021, 15:55 PM

Ok, so you think it is overperforming, I think it's not. What now? You would have to come up with some pretty accurate and good data about increased win rates in games where B4 was used and built or something the like to prove your point here. Gonna be difficult!
22 Jun 2021, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 15:55 PMredfox
Ok, so you think it is overperforming, I think it's not. What now? You would have to come up with some pretty accurate and good data about increased win rates in games where B4 was used and built or something the like to prove your point here. Gonna be difficult!

It's highly likely that in a week or 2 we are gonna have some concrete data about B4 usage and WR changes in coh2stats.
22 Jun 2021, 18:14 PM

It's highly likely that in a week or 2 we are gonna have some concrete data about B4 usage and WR changes in coh2stats.

Currently the axis have a big advantage in 2v2+ modes. So if the winrates drop to 50-50, that would mean B4 OP or?
Or would the winrates have to completely shift to Soviet side?

I say that the B4 is not overperforming. 3 shots with wide scatter on a static howitzer. Shock unit, but nothing unseen (stuka).
Some people say it's OP.
Time will tell
22 Jun 2021, 18:20 PM

Currently the axis have a big advantage in 2v2+ modes. So if the winrates drop to 50-50, that would mean B4 OP or?

Do they? Top 200 is always below 42% and sometimes as low as 25% for the last three weeks for axis 3 vs 3. For top 200 2 vs 2 it looks similar albeit not quite as bad (always below 50% except one week, where WEHR has 52.4%). Only mode where "Top 200" Axis rules is 4 vs 4

Also: Could a Drop really be attributed for the B4 alone? Wasn't there much more stuff changed?
22 Jun 2021, 18:47 PM

Yeah B4 are absolutely overpowered and great ... see for yourself lol

22 Jun 2021, 19:51 PM

The weapon is bugged its really hard to hit with tanks too or are all howies hard to hit ?
22 Jun 2021, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 18:47 PMredfox

-1 hr vid-

Please give us a time stamp/bracket or no one's going to watch it. Most ppl don't have the time or energy to watch a 1 hr vid for a specific shot(s). Nothing against Tightrope per say.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 19:51 PMGGnore
The weapon is bugged its really hard to hit with tanks too or are all howies hard to hit ?

I had a situation where a raketen missed 1/2 the shots but unsure if due to FoW or something. Was very desperate at the time.
22 Jun 2021, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 19:51 PMGGnore

It should have 20 target size like all other howitzers now. Which gives only a 50% chance to hit from far range for medium tanks. So they can miss quite a bit unless you move in closer or use higher accuracy tanks/guns.
22 Jun 2021, 20:09 PM

Please give us a time stamp/bracket or no one's going to watch it. Most ppl don't have the time or energy to watch a 1 hr vid for a specific shot(s). Nothing against Tightrope per say.

101stAirborne built TWO B4s as fast as he could and even though he constantly barraged he got like 5 kills on each of them in about 20 minutes, then they simply got pushed off. Just a pain to see this, no specific timestamp.
22 Jun 2021, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 20:09 PMredfox

101stAirborne built TWO B4s as fast as he could and even though he constantly barraged he got like 5 kills on each of them in about 20 minutes, then they simply got pushed off. Just a pain to see this, no specific timestamp.

I see, sounds like bad RNG (assuming good aim and no dodges) really imho. Even old B-4 should be getting at least 5x that. My personal experience is about 5-10x that from a single spammer player and no I did not sit in the BGroup to get shelled.
23 Jun 2021, 02:29 AM

To @Lady Xenarra:
That is the same RNG from another arty !. Only difference is new B-4 shell profile and how Soviet player use new B-4 as actually " Stalin hammer" worked, Frontline barrage to crack the nut then follow up with Cons, t-34... to clean and clear. Not RNG 1 middle finger to Axis player or being nothing.

And to everyone crying new B-4 OP:
-The way of countering B-4 had to be one of the balance factor. If new B-4 cant be counter by tradional way (Lefh fire, rocket fire, off map bombing) then it will stay in OP list just like M8 scott, CalliOP ( LMAO ). Removing CB doesn't make B-4 auto win Lefh, you know. there are 3 shells vs 10 shells. heck even 4v4 game when my friends buy 3 B-4, Enemies will auto build 2-3 Lefh to fight back, 9 shell vs 20-30 shell is fun fight. Just learn how to find B-4 location by using your ear, paying attention on mini map or just 60 ammu recon !. I simply tired of people who said counter fire is not count as balance factor of B4......
- About it new Profile, please bring stat and in game data to provide your OP. In my view, New B4 is fine, their AoE profile would be smaller than old ones, 400 damage wouldnt instantly kill delete everything in the blink of an eye, scatter so big that you can actually move out unlike LefH , supression is only yellow ping and yet recovering from it is quicker than MG, Panzerwafer. but new change come from B4 doctrine is really well rounded, provide everything you need from defendsive to offencesive.

23 Jun 2021, 03:31 AM

I see, sounds like bad RNG

may be this, but at the same time someone said B4 pay for it self with "minimal RNG" involved.
23 Jun 2021, 06:10 AM

kind of scrolled thought the video, but it is pretty obvious that the way how kpen and elpern were playing was not conducing for b4 to get a lot of kills.
23 Jun 2021, 10:20 AM

kind of scrolled thought the video, but it is pretty obvious that the way how kpen and elpern were playing was not conducing for b4 to get a lot of kills.

Might be true, but then dear axis players, just play like this.

Otherwise it is like someone saying "I want to blob but then Katyusha is OP, so please nerf Katyusha". Certain tools counter certain playstyles. If your opponent spams B4, adapt your playstyle like in the video and collect an easy win.

may be this, but at the same time someone said B4 pay for it self with "minimal RNG" involved.

Well, and one could add, that RNG does not work like this. RNG appears in single instances where shots bounce etc. The longer the time span and the more shots fired (double B4!), the more the actual probablity distribution will be approximated. So if you barrage the field for 20 minutes with double B4s and dont get anything, that is not RNG but systemic (and probably the result of your opponents smart playstyle adaptation).
23 Jun 2021, 12:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2021, 10:20 AMredfox

Might be true, but then dear axis players, just play like this.

"Just play as well as GCS/MLS champions league finalists, bro, what's the problem"
23 Jun 2021, 12:51 PM

Not to blob does not equal ML finalist niveau :-)
23 Jun 2021, 13:44 PM

You found one video with soviet players using B4 in a wrong way and trying to push your narrative.

1 - shot around ~17:20 he is shooting at top fuel, where 1 squad is staying, killing 1 model and forcing whole top to retreat
2 - 20:21 he is shooting at 1 IGs which has nothing near it, hitting nothing
3- 23:00 he is shooting at nothing, an empty terriory
4 - 23:31 shooting at 1 squad in the middle
5 - 24:49 he finnaly shoots at something usufull, hits MG with the first shell, almost kills it with the follow up shot. But why didnt shoot at volks blob coming from the right
6 - 25:15 shooting at Sturmtiger, again ignoring the volk blob
7 - 28:36 shooting at tanks?
8 - 30:46 shooting at solo OKW HQ
9 - 32:43 shooting at nothing again
10 - 33:19 shooting at sturmtiger

OKW did blob and blobs were punished by Katy, but the B4 player was shooting at random crap and never even considered saving B4 barrage for the times when OKW actually advances or pushes somewhere. With this type of play he would have better be using ML-20 instead of B4.

So yeah, try better.
24 Jun 2021, 17:42 PM

People hate b4 because it's better than it was. End of thread.
24 Jun 2021, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2021, 02:29 AMtheekvn

And to everyone crying new B-4 OP:
-The way of countering B-4 had to be one of the balance factor. If new B-4 cant be counter by tradional way (Lefh fire, rocket fire, off map bombing) then it will stay in OP list just like M8 scott, CalliOP ( LMAO ). Removing CB doesn't make B-4 auto win Lefh, you know. there are 3 shells vs 10 shells. heck even 4v4 game when my friends buy 3 B-4, Enemies will auto build 2-3 Lefh to fight back, 9 shell vs 20-30 shell is fun fight. Just learn how to find B-4 location by using your ear, paying attention on mini map or just 60 ammu recon !. I simply tired of people who said counter fire is not count as balance factor of B4......
- About it new Profile, please bring stat and in game data to provide your OP. In my view, New B4 is fine, their AoE profile would be smaller than old ones, 400 damage wouldnt instantly kill delete everything in the blink of an eye, scatter so big that you can actually move out unlike LefH , supression is only yellow ping and yet recovering from it is quicker than MG, Panzerwafer. but new change come from B4 doctrine is really well rounded, provide everything you need from defendsive to offencesive.

Post playercard
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment