Login

russian armor

KT is trash

8 Jun 2021, 06:41 AM

Firstly I can only speak from an axis 4v4 prospective.

The King Tiger has been absolute trash in 4v4 for a long time now... it's almost a click to lose button. The amount of time and resource you have to invest (at the expensive of better cheaper units) is ungodly.

Please address my actual points: speed, maneuverability, economic cost, denying yourself better cheaper units (e.g. Jadpanzer) that can be easily replaced as well as inflecting damage that wouldn't be inflected while you wait for your KT, having all your eggs in one slow moving basket that can be easily snared, marked, rammed, taken out by aircraft and out maneuvered by cheaper more effect tanks (e.g comet) that have the speed to retreat if the push goes poorly (which you do not). Not to mention the KT being unable to move quickly and strike any out of place rocket artillery or weak tanks behind enemy lines. The KT is high risk low return.

Inb4 the following points:
1. It's the most powerful unit - It's also probably the slowest unit, for me coh2 is primary about speed and catching your opponent off balance. Striking the right place at the right time.
2. It's supposed to be supported - Obviously... the KT as a whole is a drain on any 4v4 okw's army see points above.
3. L2P - I've got over 5000hrs playing as the axis. Speaking from my own perspective the KT is a luxury that will cost the army more than it can afford.
4. It's a break through tank - after initial contact has been made it is easy to know where the KT will try to break through again and build or move effective counter units its location.

I will concede it can hold up in 4v4 with the Elite armour doctrine with sturm tiger backing.

PS - Katitof is KING!
8 Jun 2021, 08:12 AM

What? It has counters when used recklessly? Sacrilegious!

PS: Not every unit is equally strong over all game modes. It's a beast in 2v2 for example.

Edit: I thought this would make you happy, but as I see, part of your post is copy pasted from the Youtube comment you already made. :D
8 Jun 2021, 08:31 AM

Yeah. It's such a bummer that the allies need to build 2+ TDs to deal with the KT and thus losing a lot of AI power vs elite axis infantry. KT was designed to be a "I win" button. If you get the KT, you should be able to drive it into the enemy base and just win. That's how KT should work! Anything else is just stupid balancing!
8 Jun 2021, 08:41 AM

Just camp in heavy urban and dare them to send their (no longer) extremely cost-effective TDs into range 45 corridors. Because it'll die fast there and the KT will just vet up. Problem solved. Use the right tool for the right job. You want to kill their TDs in open maps, then use your extremely cost effective anti-TD TDs.
8 Jun 2021, 08:42 AM
8 Jun 2021, 08:59 AM

You're not really meant to use the KT in a game mode where MASS AT is the key to victory.

If you really want to use the KT properly, pair up with your teammate who either gets a KT too, or they go mass Stugs/Panthers/Pgrens or Elefs.
8 Jun 2021, 10:46 AM

8 Jun 2021, 12:38 PM

Have you ever seen an Elite Armor KT with Command P4 and Command Panther in team games ? That is the definition of busted.
8 Jun 2021, 14:31 PM

8 Jun 2021, 14:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The best use I found for it was either with the JP4 or if the Ostheer player buys an Elefant. The Ele/KT combo is pure hell to deal with, especially on lane maps.
9 Jun 2021, 00:17 AM

3. L2P - I've got over 5000hrs as playing as the axis.

You'll get better, eventually.

Miss ya, Duffy.
9 Jun 2021, 00:49 AM

Yeah. It's such a bummer that the allies need to build 2+ TDs to deal with the KT and thus losing a lot of AI power vs elite axis infantry. KT was designed to be a "I win" button. If you get the KT, you should be able to drive it into the enemy base and just win. That's how KT should work! Anything else is just stupid balancing!

I wish I could find the video of the old KT before it's armor was nerfed when I think it was Paula just drove a KT frontally into 3 AT guns on Semoisky Summer and just decrewed all of them lol. Such balance.
9 Jun 2021, 00:59 AM

I wish I could find the video of the old KT before it's armor was nerfed when I think it was Paula just drove a KT frontally into 3 AT guns on Semoisky Summer and just decrewed all of them lol. Such balance.

Could have 4x King Tigers at once, too!!!
- Per player!
9 Jun 2021, 04:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

This one? It was 4 Ziss Guns, not 3. :D

I don't have the actual clip, just a few seconds I used in that video.

9 Jun 2021, 04:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

The gun is an RNG cannon now, it is slow, but it is very durable when supported. With that I'll say it is very good at holding singular points, usually VPs and can hold lanes well when coupled with an elephant/jt etc. Beyond that though it's pretty meh. Sometimes it'll knock 70% HP off squads and sometimes it'll miss entirely. I almost wish it had a substantially worse reload for better scatter because as we all know when we use it, it misses repeatedly, but when our opponent uses it, it wipes squads left and right.

That being said, I think the 2 points I mentioned above is what the KT must be used for in 4v4s; there's too many players and targets for it to move around the map as if it were a 2v2 or 3v3.

TL: DR: Use it as a defensive tank.
9 Jun 2021, 06:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2dtNOlyDI

Insane, reminds me of the prime coh1 days with double tiger/pershings, only time I've seen anything similar.
9 Jun 2021, 06:15 AM

The gun is an RNG cannon now

It's not. It's easily the most reliable heavy tank in terms of AI power now. It has very good scatter and massive AOE. So it will deal damage with almost every shot, usually at the very least 40% damage to a squad per shot but generally even more. https://youtu.be/2FUa7u4B8aY?t=2062 as just an example (not just this moment but the entire match it did massive AI damage). It got 30 kills in like 8 minutes.
MMX
9 Jun 2021, 09:00 AM

It's not. It's easily the most reliable heavy tank in terms of AI power now. It has very good scatter and massive AOE. So it will deal damage with almost every shot, usually at the very least 40% damage to a squad per shot but generally even more. https://youtu.be/2FUa7u4B8aY?t=2062 as just an example (not just this moment but the entire match it did massive AI damage). It got 30 kills in like 8 minutes.

Oh boy I saw that game on Tightrope's channel, the KT was an absolute beast and held Markov in the game for such a long time.

The unit itself is great, especially in 1v1s where it can be difficult to invest in ample dedicated AT to counter it effectively without crippling the rest of your army composition. The only thing that keeps it in check is the fact that it either arrives very late or you need to sacrifice a lot of mid and early late-game map control to be able to rush it out as quickly as possible.
9 Jun 2021, 09:43 AM

well atleast its better than the tiger. 4v4 average rank meta is either blob, med tank spam or td spam.
9 Jun 2021, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2021, 09:43 AMLMAO
well atleast its better than the tiger. 4v4 average rank meta is either blob, med tank spam or td spam.

You forgot weapons team and arty spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS