Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - OKW Feedback

PAGES (35)down
1 Apr 2021, 12:32 PM

Pls gib one of the commanders the ability to give sturmpios rifles, it would make the faction playable.

Edit: Hell i'll even settle for mosins, it'd make perfect sense to give scavenge such as an ability merged with that useless shitty muni buff to salvaging.
1 Apr 2021, 12:55 PM

Panzerfussi + Tiger are my biggest concern for OKW in the beta atm and will most likely get changed
1 Apr 2021, 13:02 PM

Panzerfussi + Tiger are my biggest concern for OKW in the beta atm and will most likely get changed

What are the chances for switching units in between doctrines? If Panzerfusiliers and OKW Tiger are an issue in the same commander Tiger may go to Elite Armored
1 Apr 2021, 13:16 PM

So I was thinking on some ideas for a little while and looks like I'm gonna be a tad late on this.

Scavenge could have a new ability replace the ostwind.
BeutePanzer Dispatch
Relaese a captured T-34-76 and a Strumpionere with a Panzerschreck to bolster the frontline forces!
Costs 600 Manpower and 90 Fuel
Requires a Schwerer Panzer HQ to be placed (but not upgraded so it's the same timing as the ostwind and hetzer)
Something like that I think fits incredibly well with the theme of the commander and also gives a unique edge to this doctrine. Being able to get a medium tank (albiet a weaker one) is an interesting angle that OKW could possible make use of. The addition of a strumpionere with a shreck should also give this playstyle a stronger repair game and allow the strums to assist the T34 in armor engagements.

Luftwaffe
Replace Heavy Fort with an Ostwind
Pretty common suggestion so I won't spend long on this but it fits better with the theme of this commander.

Heavy Fortifications
Find a spot for the Opel Blitz
I just saw this idea in this very thread and really liked the idea (all credit to Smartie). It would be extremely useful as a mobile way to reinforce the various weapons like the Pak 43 and LeFh while also just giving your frontline healing and reinforcement.

Special Operations
Rework Radio Silence to give all friendly units the cautious movement bonus where they take longer to spot. Adjust cost and cooldown as needed.
No matter what is done with this ability if it fucks with the minimap is going to cause issues. I would rather it be a cheap tool you could use to let your various units close the distance to their more effective range.

Elite Armored
Reduce cost of 221 or change timing
As others have said this thing still just has a pretty weak timing for it's cost and buffing that would help this commander especially since the strumtiger got a small nerf (even though it's totally justified)
1 Apr 2021, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 00:33 AMVipper
Buildable 20mm Flak Emplacement
good change the unit need to be able to vet up though

Command Panther
The unit already has superior vision, flare should be available earlier and to more units, they should also be cheaper.

Early Warning Flare Traps
Good change

Le.FH 105mm

Counter barrage change is terrible, the 120mm mortar will dominate OKW trucks

Panzerfusiliers
The unit is too expensive compared to Penals reduce number of G43s and the cost of the unit.

Sturm Offizier
reduce cost of abilities with vet and lower XP value

Sturmtiger

Good change

Valiant Assault
good change

Zeroing Artillery
the ability needs to be toned, become cheaper with lower CP.

I think that Le.fh patch isn't terrible. You don't seem to think deeply about the intentions of this patch. In this patch, I think LE.fh's Counter Barrage nerf came out to sniper its use in team games. I hope you take it seriously, and I hope you don't express your opinion unconditionally that it doesn't work as you wish. In all your mansions, there are a lot of articles written with such intentions, so you can add them.
1 Apr 2021, 15:11 PM

Why were Pfussies touched at all? You traded early game for a great late game when choosing not to go volks. Why are we just straight buffing a doctrinal replacement unit, so volks are even worse? I really, really don't understand the logic behind the pfussie changes at all.
1 Apr 2021, 15:56 PM

Why were Pfussies touched at all? You traded early game for a great late game when choosing not to go volks. Why are we just straight buffing a doctrinal replacement unit, so volks are even worse? I really, really don't understand the logic behind the pfussie changes at all.

because decisions dont have to be unanimous in the team
Pip
1 Apr 2021, 16:05 PM

Pls gib one of the commanders the ability to give sturmpios rifles, it would make the faction playable.

Edit: Hell i'll even settle for mosins, it'd make perfect sense to give scavenge such as an ability merged with that useless shitty muni buff to salvaging.

Honestly I wouldn't mind an OKW commander (Be it an existing one, or a newly minted one) revolving around Beutewaffen and even Beutepanzer.

Would giving Sturms rifles actually be useful, or is this just an April Fools post? I assume the latter, given that you mention giving them Mosins.

It appears to be a buff in the early game, but I think it's arguably a (Minor?) nerf in the lategame (Except for AT Fusies, who have simply had their performance improved).

I say it's a minor nerf as less of the Fusies' DPS is localised in their G43 now, which makes model drops a little more impactful. I'm not sure how much it actually changes their performance though, I haven't done the maths here.
1 Apr 2021, 16:29 PM

Loving the Panzerfusilliers changes, can't wait to never see Volks again in team games. Oh wait, that's what it's like right now because 75% of OKW players choose either Breakthrough or Grand Offensive, with the other 25% choosing Spec Ops.

At least Spec Ops is having the flares removed, finally.

I mean honestly, if we're buffing Panzerfusilliers why not take away their snare, or leave it as a snare that only comes with veterancy like Riflemen used to have? Why should a player get rewarded for completely ignoring Volksgrenadiers? Maybe the snare can only unlock with the G-43 upgrade or something. At least this forces a player into some diversity with their build instead of just spamming Panzerfusilliers like we see in 90% of matchups right now in team games.
1 Apr 2021, 17:04 PM

I don't really understand why the Sturmtiger doesn't get an automatic reload as well now since there's no longer an abandon critical while reloading.

I mean, what's just the point in more senseless button mashing?

Could have used a long range shelling ability as well but whatever at this point I guess.

Anyway, like I suggested in the General Feedback topic, perhaps Hull Down can be introduced for the OKW as well for the Fortifications doctrine now too after it's buffs, seems to fit the theme.

Also the Command Tiger could maybe get an S-mine launcher similar to the Sturmtiger or a smoke ability to make it more unique and practical possibly if you ask me.
1 Apr 2021, 17:23 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

because decisions dont have to be unanimous in the team

Not that unanimous decision making isn't good, but this looks like you're implying other people basically pushed the fusi change through, regardless of whether or not other people were telling them (which doesn't appear to be you) it was a bad change.

True or am I misinterpreting?
Pip
1 Apr 2021, 17:25 PM

I don't really understand why the Sturmtiger doesn't get an automatic reload as well now since there's no longer an abandon critical while reloading.

I mean, what's just the point in more senseless button mashing?

Could have used a long range shelling ability as well but whatever at this point I guess.

Anyway, like I suggested in the General Feedback topic, perhaps Hull Down can be introduced for the OKW as well for the Fortifications doctrine now too after it's buffs, seems to fit the theme.

Also the Command Tiger could maybe get an S-mine launcher similar to the Sturmtiger or a smoke ability to make it more unique and practical possibly if you ask me.

The Sturmtiger is still immobilised/heavily slowed while reloading, isnt it? If this is the case, that's really the only excuse for making the player manually reload the thing. If that /had/ been changed, then there's absolutely no reason for the damn thing to not automatically reload.
1 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

The SturmTiger can still move whilst reloading but the maximum speed it can get during the reload is a slow crawl. Avre can still move around at full speed between reloads.
1 Apr 2021, 17:31 PM

Ah, well it would at least make sense to get an automatic reload at vet 5 then when it can go full speed while reloading.
1 Apr 2021, 18:16 PM

Also another idea from Widerstreit for the LeIG18 this time around:

Direct fire mode that could make it into a makeshift sort of AT gun giving the medical HQ more practical choice as well as a high angle indirect fire ability.

Maybe something that can be added to Firestorm as part of some sort of package along with the napalm shells?
1 Apr 2021, 18:26 PM

Also another idea from Widerstreit for the LeIG18 this time around:

Direct fire mode that could make it into a makeshift sort of AT gun giving the medical HQ more practical choice as well as a high angle indirect fire ability.

Maybe something that can be added to Firestorm as part of some sort of package along with the napalm shells?

Good idea, will also promote the active use of le.IG rather than keeping it as mortar
1 Apr 2021, 18:32 PM

Not that unanimous decision making isn't good, but this looks like you're implying other people basically pushed the fusi change through, regardless of whether or not other people were telling them (which doesn't appear to be you) it was a bad change.

True or am I misinterpreting?

true
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 13
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias