Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
28 Apr 2021, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2021, 16:34 PMJPA32

What UKF really need is giving engine-dmg snare to the IS & buff tanks. But let's just see for couple of more months(probably about 10 months left til next winter patch)
28 Apr 2021, 17:49 PM

What UKF really need is giving engine-dmg snare to the IS & buff tanks. But let's just see for couple of more months(probably about 10 months left til next winter patch)

I agree completely but as far as I know that's forbidden via Relic so best bet is just trying to work within the confines of those limitations.
28 Apr 2021, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2021, 14:11 PMGrumpy

They've been reworked so that they are an area-denial tool. They can blunt attacks but don't wipe units, unlike every other faction's rocket arty. To get them to hit anything, they have to be so close that even average players will dive it and kill it. With a PanzerWerfer, you can drive up to just outside of the enemy's visual range, launch an attack that will wipe even full health squads, and usually retreat before being at risk. Same for Katy or Calliope, and the Walking Stuka is in a class of its own. It is one of the bigger factors in the Soviet's poor win rates in 4v4. A land mattress is only dangerous if it is shooting relatively close and you decide to ignore it.

I've had no problems wiping squads with them personally. (especially setup teams) Cost remains my only complaint.

Once you get 2 its very hard for them to push points without death raining on them from the sky.
28 Apr 2021, 19:41 PM

The new Raid Section is good but the reinforce cost for some reason is 33 instead of the regular Tommies 28 not sure if that's intended or not. The Recovery Sappers are also more pop cap than the regular 5-man Sappers. (It's a UI bug they are 6 pop it just says 7) Can't upgrade them with both the Flamer and Sweeper on the current build.
28 Apr 2021, 22:19 PM

If sections gets reworked, snares are probably a good thing to add. The only british tank that needs some small buffs is the Comet. Everything else is completley fine.
28 Apr 2021, 23:08 PM

Is it outside the realm of possibility to make either tank hunters buildable after a platoon command post or at least 1 CP? I feel like being forced to build an AEC every game to counter a 222 or luchs pigeonholes British build orders. Least this way they have a way to slightly fend off light vehicles. Spending a precious Tommy squad to fend off vehicles hurts the British player like it does upgrading a penal squad.
29 Apr 2021, 02:07 AM

???what's this? a bug?

fix it pls~

em so how to send a image?
29 Apr 2021, 02:25 AM

i always feel putting snares on strong generalist infantry is too loop sided.

now that we have 7 man cons

it seems grens snare are at losing ends.

putting snares on IS will only compound the problems
29 Apr 2021, 02:40 AM

Is it outside the realm of possibility to make either tank hunters buildable after a platoon command post or at least 1 CP? I feel like being forced to build an AEC every game to counter a 222 or luchs pigeonholes British build orders. Least this way they have a way to slightly fend off light vehicles. Spending a precious Tommy squad to fend off vehicles hurts the British player like it does upgrading a penal squad.

Platoon post would be okay. They never make sense in their current form. At 2 CP, they arrive too late. Since they can't upgrade to Pyrotechnics, they never get the vision that they need to help with tanks. A Tank Hunter squad that has about the same vision as a Brummbar is worthless. I've tried them a couple of times but I've found that both regular Sections with piats and pyro or Heavy Sappers with piats work much better.

Having them be 0 CP would nearly be a hard counter to a Kubel so I don't think that would be a good idea. Having them be after a Platoon post would probably be best, but 1 cp would also probably work.
29 Apr 2021, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2021, 02:40 AMGrumpy

Platoon post would be okay. They never make sense in their current form. At 2 CP, they arrive too late. Since they can't upgrade to Pyrotechnics, they never get the vision that they need to help with tanks. A Tank Hunter squad that has about the same vision as a Brummbar is worthless. I've tried them a couple of times but I've found that both regular Sections with piats and pyro or Heavy Sappers with piats work much better.

Having them be 0 CP would nearly be a hard counter to a Kubel so I don't think that would be a good idea. Having them be after a Platoon post would probably be best, but 1 cp would also probably work.

Tank hunters have the same vision as most AT infatry. They get better vision in cover than most infatry once they gain vet 1.
29 Apr 2021, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2021, 02:01 AMmrgame2
wut land mattress is great rocket arty just a little immobile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8HKHsOmjo

watch this replay
29 Apr 2021, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2021, 10:12 AMmadin2

watch this replay

1v1
Saturation over accuracy
Cheap

Whats so hard to understand?
29 Apr 2021, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2021, 10:12 AMmadin2

watch this replay

I mean, land mattress is only good in 4v4 blobfests. Haven't seen it do anything in 3v3- games. Even a couple of games ago, my mate went land mattress. Both of my paks and his land mattress fired at 3 or 4 fussies, 2 sturmpios, 5 volks and 2 or 3 obers from 2 teams (mid VP Hill 400). The blob didn't really get stopped. We won in the end, but it's amazing how easily you can blob vs pak howis and a land mattress. I mean, 2 paks and a land mattress barraage on top of the mega blob and still only one veterancy up and a couple of kills, some dmg.
Hence, you really only go land mattress vs static mega blobs. Same with pak. Katys are good, katys really punish along with Calliops.
However, I really don't know what the balance team could do with it. What the good midpoint would be. Do you give it dmg and take away saturation? Accuracy? Damage for accuracy? AOE? Could make it or break it.
29 Apr 2021, 12:13 PM

I would make the Air Supply Operation ability able to be dropped in the base sector, plus I tried using it and I didn't get the AT gun from it either. The Universal Carrier also doesn't cost the 5 fuel it costs on live, not sure if that was intended or not. I think the UC with upgrades is definitely worth the fuel cost but a vanilla UC is probably ok for 260 mp. I understand UC upgrades are a bit harder to come by with the Medical Kits being made 45 muni instead of 30.
29 Apr 2021, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think land mattress will see a little indirect buff by the removal of CB on the LeFH. It was the unit that was most susceptible to it.

I have used it in 3v3, it is okay to maybe slightly weak, but not useless as regularly claimed. You just can't expect it to help your defense because it fires too slowly. Best use in my eyes is to either barrage enemy forward bases or to prepare a push.
29 Apr 2021, 13:04 PM

1v1
Saturation over accuracy
Cheap

what do you want to say?

29 Apr 2021, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2021, 13:04 PMmadin2

what do you want to say?

He thinks providing fireworks show for small groups of units is fine.

He also thinks 50 fuel crew weapon is cheap.
29 Apr 2021, 16:56 PM

1v1
Saturation over accuracy
Cheap

For god's sake Relic should make anyone saying land mattress is fine to have land mattress for rocket arty no matter what faction they are playing.

It doesn't do a sxxt that it has to do. People don't use rocket arty for the area denial(which is the only thing LM can do for now). They use it to wipe squad or at least make mp bleed.

LM is very slow(man crewed, needs to emplace/disemplace whenever moving). Can be killed with infantry, and even tank can kill with one shot(thx to the patch relic).
Have very long minimum attack range with short maximum attack range.

To sum up, only thing LM is descent is it's fuel cost. Even manpower is expensive for what it's doing.
29 Apr 2021, 16:57 PM

Land Matress severely punish campy players and playstyle, for only 50ish fuel. Rocket arty for 50 fuel able to deny an area around medic truck for a long time.
29 Apr 2021, 17:20 PM

Land Matress severely punish campy players and playstyle, for only 50ish fuel. Rocket arty for 50 fuel able to deny an area around medic truck for a long time.

It denies for 14 seconds with all the worst damage saturation/ second stats of any rocket arty. As i posted earlier, Land Mattress is not shock rocket arty, its area denial. Basically a bad Sexton. You need 2 to do the work of 1 normal shock rocket arty. It also has really weak AoE on its rockets, compared to the super powerful Calliope rockets.

Low mobilty, low survivability, 140 second shared barrage cd (longest by 20 seconds), 10 pop. The LM just needs some TLC. Either cut price&pop, lower cooldown, lower min range and expand max range, tighten max scatter, increase rocket AoE,or decouple WP from the rocket barrage. All of these are good levers. If the balance team can give me some target set points they want i can math them a better land mattress.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS