Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
3 Apr 2021, 02:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 00:20 AMGiaA

5 extra Range are massive in medium vs medium fights. Easily worth 10 fuel.

This is why idt E8 should get +5 range or +10 fuel. I'd rather E8 stay in its current role, except it should have more AI and better turret rotation, that's it.

I think this is how they were during release.
3 Apr 2021, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 21:24 PMTygrys

You can't even begin to imagine the screeching that would ensue if even a short barreled Jumbo suddenly appeared in US' stock roster.

As for indirect many of the lackluster commanders like Rifle Company would really pick up in attractiveness if they got some form of off map artillery to dislodge camping axis. Willy Pete in Rifle is really useless but if instead there was some off map barrage then it would definitely help the commander. Regardless RIFLE company should still give RIFLEMEN something more than just flares.

I'd love to see a Jumbo in the game but it wouldn't make sense for it to be stock because they only ever built around 250 of them lol.

Hell there were more King Tigers even.
3 Apr 2021, 07:25 AM

I'd love to see a Jumbo in the game but it wouldn't make sense for it to be stock because they only ever built around 250 of them lol.

Hell there were more King Tigers even.

There were 44 ostwinds total and 101 pumas with 50mm cannon.
3 Apr 2021, 09:23 AM

There were 44 ostwinds total and 101 pumas with 50mm cannon.

Those aren't vehicles that can shrug off 76mm and 90mm rounds.

Because the Jumbo could deflect 75s and 88s of the Germans at certain points.
3 Apr 2021, 09:53 AM

I'd only love to see the balance team to be more fair and consistent across factions. The opacity around the decision making is getting really problematic.

How can we have at the same time a generous buff for Panzerfussilier with not counter-part because the unit is said underwhelming on 1vs1 and a +5 range at cost of 10 fuel for the Ez8 because you know the Ez8 is already everywhere on 1vs1 and team-game.

When I read that I feel more the balance team being more of a bunch of dudes whose push their personal agenda than a concrete balance team.
3 Apr 2021, 10:43 AM

Those aren't vehicles that can shrug off 76mm and 90mm rounds.

Because the Jumbo could deflect 75s and 88s of the Germans at certain points.

That wasn't your point.
You've claimed, specifically, they can't be in due to low amount produced.
Examples I gave clearly say otherwise.

Personally, I would love to have jumbo instead of pershing in game, but we have what we have and its not going to change.
3 Apr 2021, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 09:53 AMEsxile

When I read that I feel more the balance team being more of a bunch of dudes whose push their personal agenda than a concrete balance team.

I thought it was obvious from some time, especially since they seem to be taking into consideration ideas from people who go around threads about allies just to say "this unit needs to be adjusted" which obviously in other words means "I hate this unit and I want it nerfed".

Speaking of the Jumbo what's so hard about adding new models to the game? I remember mods in CoH1 had lots of new units. Did relic just never release proper modding tools for CoH2?
3 Apr 2021, 10:57 AM

That wasn't your point.
You've claimed, specifically, they can't be in due to low amount produced.
Examples I gave clearly say otherwise.

Personally, I would love to have jumbo instead of pershing in game, but we have what we have and its not going to change.

I'm not really going to travel down the rabbit hole of your specifics since I know exactly what you're trying to do.

There is an obvious difference between an armored car and AA vehicle that's used as an infantry counter and a heavily armored tank that should be able to bounce even the heaviest of shells at certain points.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 10:52 AMTygrys

I thought it was obvious from some time, especially since they seem to be taking into consideration ideas from people who go around threads about allies just to say "this unit needs to be adjusted" which obviously in other words means "I hate this unit and I want it nerfed".

Speaking of the Jumbo what's so hard about adding new models to the game? I remember mods in CoH1 had lots of new units. Did relic just never release proper modding tools for CoH2?

Relic disabled model editing and importing to sell their DLC back in 2013 and haven't bothered to enable them back in.

Plus the modding tools haven't been updated for several patches now.

The closest thing we can have to a Jumbo model in the game is by "cutting" the gun barrel of the 76mm Sherman model but some people want to be very picky about it.
3 Apr 2021, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 10:52 AMTygrys

Quality.

Only relic can add models to the game that are up to their standard for coh2.

Also voice lines.
3 Apr 2021, 11:30 AM

The closest thing we can have to a Jumbo model in the game is by "cutting" the gun barrel of the 76mm Sherman model but some people want to be very picky about it.

Well I would be very anal about it too because it would look really bad if that's what would have been done.

Quality.

Only relic can add models to the game that are up to their standard for coh2.

Also voice lines.

The game's not in a really good state so I'd take an average quality Jumbo model than nothing. Voice lines aren't an issue since it's still a Sherman and I'm not 100% sure but both Jackson and Wolverine use generic tank destroyer voice lines without specifically stating what TD they are.
3 Apr 2021, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 11:30 AMTygrys

Well I would be very anal about it too because it would look really bad if that's what would have been done.

The game's not in a really good state so I'd take an average quality Jumbo model than nothing. Voice lines aren't an issue since it's still a Sherman and I'm not 100% sure but both Jackson and Wolverine use generic tank destroyer voice lines without specifically stating what TD they are.

You would only notice it if you were to fully zoom down and then angle the camera.

Otherwise you can't tell if it's an actual Jumbo model or not because it looks so similar to the 76 Sherman but with the 75mm gun, as it was in real life as well.

Here's an example in game:
3 Apr 2021, 12:49 PM

Continue writing from the last feedback.
Today I am going to present two topics.

1. Greyhound CP buff

The M8 Greyhound appears too slow for a light vehicle. In the past, canister shots were so powerful that I think the timing of 4 points is a very good choice as a kind of suppression.
However, if you think about whether the M8 is a 4CP vehicle today, I don't think it is.
I want to make one suggestion. M8 call-in timing as a condition of 1cp instead of 4cp. Of course, there are prerequisites here. It's an upgraded form of the M20 utility car.
For Munition, I think 100 Munition is suitable as the cost including skirt-up. If that happens, I think the user has two choices.
I think you can create a variety of strategies by using the M20's anti-vehicle mines to block opponents at a relatively low cost, or by making the option of sustaining damage through stable gun upgrades.
Also, I think it is necessary to adjust the damage of the Greyhound from 40 to 60.

2. Ranger call-in skill readjustment

Currently, the company with the Ranger consists of a heavy cavalry company and an urban assault company. This is an extension of what I said in the previous feedback.
when we carefully considered the compatibility with the skills of all companies currently holding Ranger, it was judged inappropriate. Also, with this patch, they have changed their base armament to the M1 rifle, which is expected to increase the utilization of medium-range combat as well as close combat.

The unit replacement agenda I thought of is as follows.

(1) Infantry Company: Replaced Mortar Half Track with Ranger

The reason for this agenda is that if you consider 1vs1, what is the way to stop the infantry company's insufficient breakthrough and anti-tank vehicles? In addition, I think that the strange tactical behavior of infantry companies that focuses more on artillery than infantry-oriented tactics in team play will inevitably question the identity of infantry companies.

(2). Rifle Company: Advance infantry Equipments replaced with Ranger

The most necessary thing in a rifle company is the attack power of a rifleman rather than infantry equipment.
I think we need the ability to maximize. First of all, the biggest strategy of Coh2 is a strategy that runs like a cascade or gears by time.
The Rifle Company is the most aggressive commander of the American Company. In particular, the presence of Fire up is a skill that has the potential to enable assault infantry to infiltrate. If so, I guess there are some people who think that they can't make sense of giving up flamethrowers and flares here. However, the biggest reason to give up those skills is because of the nature of the rifle company. The rifle company is literally about enhancing the abilities of riflemen. However, the biggest disadvantage of the infantry equipment skill right now is that it is not a skill that strengthens the number of rifles, but a skill that strengthens the auxiliary units. In addition, the flamethrower of the rear squad is capable of deploying auxiliary firepower as a US military mortar, and infantry light ammunition is a skill that is not often used due to the cost and micro control burden. Obviously, this is a waste of one rifle company's skill. Therefore, I think the Ranger is added as a powerful assault agent or anti-tank assistant, and it can play a good enough role as a buffer until the advent of EasyEight tanks.

Then, I think there are some people who are wondering how the rest of the heavy cavalry and the city class should change.

(3). Heavy Cavalry Company: Ranger replaced with Cav Rifle, off-map smoke screen replaced with M5 Haft Truck.

I think that the first reason to replace Ranger with a Cav Rifle that came in is that the Cav Rifle, which has anti-vehicle skills in tank battles, is more useful. Also, the biggest reason for replacing the off-map smoke screen with the M5 is that the Cav Rifle has smoke grenades differently from the Ranger. In other words, it was decided that it would be better to allow mechanized infantry to be operated by adding the M5 according to the concept or strategy of the cavalry rather than the off-map smoke screen, as the self-coverage can be performed through the smoke screen.

(4). Urban assault company: Replace Ranger with Assault Engineer

As I mentioned in the previous feedback, I will briefly explain this part. In the current urban assault tactics, the Assault Engineer has two more advantages than the Ranger. First, it makes defense easier with mines and explosives, and is advantageous for tank and calliope repairs. Second, it is adept at building eviction by securing a flamethrower early in line with the urban assault.

I wrote about the Ranger call-in for a long time, but I think we should seriously think about this part.

I've added two feedbacks for a long time. Finally, thank you to the modding team who always struggles, and not everyone can agree on this kind of feedback, but I hope you take into account that there is such an opinion.
3 Apr 2021, 12:55 PM

Here's an example in game:

It looks way off at best. Different shape of the mantlet and visibly thinner front and side armour really stand out.
3 Apr 2021, 13:02 PM

Im am abit puzzled why the pershing received 15% instead of 20% to make its 960 effective hp but I guess it dosnt make a difference in 95% of situations.

More puzzled about about the rear echelon rifle-nade. Could you give it a activation time instead?
3 Apr 2021, 13:08 PM

And for the record, never give riflemen smoke nades again.
That abuse was astronomical back in the day, especially on VPS
Made mgs totally useless.
3 Apr 2021, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 12:55 PMTygrys

It looks way off at best. Different shape of the mantlet and visibly thinner front and side armour really stand out.

Yeah, try noticing the barely visible difference when you're in the middle of combat zoomed all the way out and stuff exploding everywhere.
3 Apr 2021, 15:52 PM

Yeah, try noticing the barely visible difference when you're in the middle of combat zoomed all the way out and stuff exploding everywhere.

That's cool but I'll still be able to see it and it'll still be noticeable.
3 Apr 2021, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 15:52 PMTygrys

That's cool but I'll still be able to see it and it'll still be noticeable.

If you zoom all the way in and angle your camera then yes, but I very much doubt most people will do that.
3 Apr 2021, 16:06 PM

To address Rifle Company in general.

It's worth noting the range increase on the Easy 8 means the accuracy and penetration at its previous range values got improved as well, so it's a bigger buff than it might seem.

And sorry, if you don't see a use for Riflemen flares or sprint, that's just unfamiliarity with the doctrine. Sprint also got a CP reduction so it's relevant during early mg42 and early light vehicle engagements.

I'd say even Rear Echelon Flamers are worth it now ever since reinforce cost for Rear Echelons went down from 25 to 23 manpower, not that hard to fit in a second Rear Echelon into your composition now, be it only situationally the best choice.

WP offmap got its cost reduced from 130 to 110 munitions to be in-line with Cluster Bombs offmap cost.

So yes, the doctrine got only soft buffs (with the exception of Easy Eight), but that should be enough to push it from "just not there" to being in a good spot.

All those are expensive muni options that cut into your killing power though, every time you use sprint,mines,flares,flamers you cut into your own muni economy to deploy bars. It's why their usage ends up being situational most of the time until lategame IMO.
3 Apr 2021, 19:00 PM

Easy 8 being like slightly faster and having 5 more range and supposedly being equivalent to the comet is a good meme
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W