Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
28 Apr 2021, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2021, 08:39 AMEsxile

I wouldn't call the M1919 an offensive upgrade for riflemen already because that RM/M1919 has been nerfed some time ago and is more a defensive upgrade than anything else.

Giving the M3 to riflemen commander is a bit of an overlap with mechanized and I don't see much people using it on 2vs2 because it requires quite some micro to keep it in the right place to support correctly your moving infantry. To me the M3 is a new waste of slot for this commander.

i agree your opinion. it doesn't make sense. m3 half-track must be replaced to any other skill.
28 Apr 2021, 12:02 PM

+1 for changing m3 to any other unit like rangers or m1919.

There is literally no point of having m3. Or at least it m5 could have been better.
MMX
28 Apr 2021, 12:54 PM

There is literally no point of having m3. Or at least it m5 could have been better.

yeah, when i glanced over the patch notes i thought the m5 was added, which would have been a great addition to the commander, especially for double officer builds. the m3 always feels a bit underwhelming to me, though i guess others might find a tougher reinforcement/healing platform than the ambu useful at times. still feels like a wasted ability slot for me... although with echelon flamers in the same doctrine USF now finally gets a flamer clown car of their own.
28 Apr 2021, 13:00 PM

i think that even m5 isnt good selection to rifle commander. they dont need mobile vehicle.
28 Apr 2021, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2021, 12:54 PMMMX

yeah, when i glanced over the patch notes i thought the m5 was added, which would have been a great addition to the commander, especially for double officer builds. the m3 always feels a bit underwhelming to me, though i guess others might find a tougher reinforcement/healing platform than the ambu useful at times. still feels like a wasted ability slot for me... although with echelon flamers in the same doctrine USF now finally gets a flamer clown car of their own.

Most of this patches are good or even better. but m3 half-track is definitely not good any other buff to rifle commander. this own flamer car will be countered by 222.
28 Apr 2021, 13:48 PM

You have no proof to back your claim up with that the Pershing was always meant to be in the game since I clearly remember them saying that the USF would not have a heavy tank, hence why it (and the Calliope) was introduced along with the British and not before that so the only assumption we can make is that they changed their mind last minute.

While it's true I don't have any proof, just a suspicion I think that they got the audio for the Pershing long before the launch of the Pershing to be telling. I suspect that they always planned to release it, it's not like demands from the Ayer base would force them to make something they didn't plan to already.

Regardless. My point stands that even the USF heavy tank is quite squishy by the terms of other factions. It's essentially a comet in regards to durability yet hard capped-because USF isn't supposed to have a number of extemly durable armour.
28 Apr 2021, 14:48 PM

While it's true I don't have any proof, just a suspicion I think that they got the audio for the Pershing long before the launch of the Pershing to be telling. I suspect that they always planned to release it, it's not like demands from the Ayer base would force them to make something they didn't plan to already.

Regardless. My point stands that even the USF heavy tank is quite squishy by the terms of other factions. It's essentially a comet in regards to durability yet hard capped-because USF isn't supposed to have a number of extemly durable armour.

You do realize that in both CoHs Heavy Tanks used to not be capped, right?

So again, any design "it's supposed to be" argument flies out the window because as times change things and circumstances change as well.

My personal opinion is that they perhaps used the UKF "expansion" to call back some voice actors or something when they decided to ultimately include the Pershing and Calliope, I'm guessing for purely nostalgic reasons if for nothing else since Armor Company was pretty popular back in the day of the old CoH.
28 Apr 2021, 15:38 PM

Sorry for the double post but I think I've just had a stroke of brilliance.

How about turn the M3/M5 Halftrack for Rifle Company into a weapon carrier similar to the British Special Weapons one?

It can drop bazookas and M1919A6s and solves 2 issues, the USF lacking any way to get weapons on the front and people get their M1919A6s in Rifle Company without adding the weapon rack unlock or replacing another ability.

Plus it'd be something new and unique so everybody is happy.
28 Apr 2021, 15:58 PM

Sorry for the double post but I think I've just had a stroke of brilliance.

How about turn the M3/M5 Halftrack for Rifle Company into a weapon carrier similar to the British Special Weapons one?

It can drop bazookas and M1919A6s and solves 2 issues, the USF lacking any way to get weapons on the front and people get their M1919A6s in Rifle Company without adding the weapon rack unlock or replacing another ability.

Plus it'd be something new and unique so everybody is happy.

Fine to me, but soon pp will realize that m1919 on the hand of tommy or conscript will be nightmare so it should work like the new British m3 and only give weapon to the player who owned the ht.
28 Apr 2021, 16:02 PM

Fine to me, but soon pp will realize that m1919 on the hand of tommy or conscript will be nightmare so it should work like the new British m3 and only give weapon to the player who owned the ht.

Didn't really notice that happening at all with the Special Weapons one but sure, fine by me as well.
28 Apr 2021, 17:25 PM

Or implement the current Brit version: It does not drop on the ground but directly upgrades the unit with it. (Vickers/Piat + reinforce halftruck the brits have in that commander whose name I cannot recall)
28 Apr 2021, 17:46 PM

Or implement the current Brit version: It does not drop on the ground but directly upgrades the unit with it. (Vickers/Piat + reinforce halftruck the brits have in that commander whose name I cannot recall)

This would be a really neat change. Would further make the M3 worth using since you could empower riflemen without needing to go to base.
28 Apr 2021, 18:07 PM

I may be sleeping on m3, isn't it like a OST 251 HT without upgrade, with a ability for units to shoot from it? I still don't get how to use it. Mechanized was meta for ages and haven't seen successful use of it. And the timing is similar to 222 / 251.
28 Apr 2021, 18:07 PM

This would be a really neat change. Would further make the M3 worth using since you could empower riflemen without needing to go to base.

It would be. However, patch after patch you can really see no clear direction from the balance team. Commendable that they try new approaches (like focused gunner) but really no clear idea:
Do we buff the unit? Do we rework it? Do we nerf it?
They "buffed" the Pershing in the wrong places, not really making any significant difference.
They played with E8.
They now introduced M3 which really won't do much. Sure some forward utility is good, but again, it's not free.

A lot, and I mean a lot of good suggestions have been laid out by a lot of people on these forums, whether they were reworks or buffs/nerfs combos. None of them ever even considered. Sander, Mira and their merry gang have proven again and again that they only really listen to themselves, and while they are not ally/wehr-boos, they are highly biased and filled with elitism... so I wouldn't expect anything from this thread (or others) to even be considered.
28 Apr 2021, 18:34 PM

Alternatively for Rifle Company, since the slot has fired up and RE flamethrower, instead of puttin in the lmg upgrade, which doesn't fit "advanced infantry equipment", it could have as "assault package", adding one man and 3 thompson smgs for riflemen. Supposed to be the equivalent of conscripts ppsh.
28 Apr 2021, 18:59 PM

Alternatively for Rifle Company, since the slot has fired up and RE flamethrower, instead of puttin in the lmg upgrade, which doesn't fit "advanced infantry equipment", it could have as "assault package", adding one man and 3 thompson smgs for riflemen. Supposed to be the equivalent of conscripts ppsh.

thompson is one of the best smg in the game. Adding one man + 3 thompson to RM will just smash all axis.

Witch is...fine for me I guess...?
28 Apr 2021, 19:03 PM

The M3 is an interesting option to throw into Rifle Company. I'm not sure if it's really the answer since the whole draw of the commander is the EZ8 which doesn't really need help against P4s, but an M3 with Double Zook RE's and Double Zook Major (Or LT w/e) can be an absolutely devastating piece of AT in the late game when your M3 has "Step On It!" which gives your M3 insane turning and mobility that you can circle strafe a snared P4 which has too slow turret rotation to follow.

That being said, At Guns, Tellers, and basic P4 body rotation can easily invalidate this in a vast majority of situations but if placed into the right situation the Bazooka Bus has a lot of onus to make a play with it's excellent speed and damage output given that the only requirements are 4 Bazookas, a Vet 1 M3, and a recently damaged P4.
28 Apr 2021, 19:04 PM

I dunno if I feel like Rifle really needs more tbh.

Its currently getting buffs to the Flamethrower, WP Barrage, Flare range, E8, and a free M3 to boot. Thats among the most buffs to any doc in the game.

1919 would step on Infantry Companies toes.

If they sort out the E8 then the doc will be quite solid imo.
28 Apr 2021, 19:06 PM

thompson is one of the best smg in the game. Adding one man + 3 thompson to RM will just smash all axis.

Witch is...fine for me I guess...?

They should have a nerfed version, similar to mp40 with Stormtroopers and Assault Grenadiers, with the latter having slightly over half the dps.
28 Apr 2021, 19:10 PM

They should have a nerfed version, similar to mp40 with Stormtroopers and Assault Grenadiers, with the latter having slightly over half the dps.

At this point just put Cav Rifles into Rifle Company. (I think the weapon you're looking for is Grease Guns btw)
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS