Login

russian armor

My respond to the accusations

PAGES (13)down
31 Mar 2021, 21:12 PM

Help me to understand that: It's normal to you that Relic has a Community Manager working on the game. Coders working on the game that created 64 bit version. Invested thousands of dollars into CoH2 tournaments in the last 2 years.

But them updating the anti cheat system makes 0 sense to you??

We will never know and for a good reason. If we knew details about the system then every future hacker knows what to do in order to not getting caught.

However it's a weird assumption that the CoH2 Game Servers would need to be "patched" in the sense of the players needing to download something(?) for a cheat system getting updated.

And yes it's totally possible that Relic has millions of replays stored somewhere and has a system that is running secret test cases on them.

Yeah it does, i might be wrong, but doesnt the game updates (like new commanders, maps) all comes from community members, and then relic just put into the game? 64-bit isnt live yet right? i Hope they dont break the game with updates (like in r6s, they always bug some stuff with new updates, but they have a pretty big studio so its ez fixed). But on other hand i am very great full for all the updates we still get on this old game, that changes stuff up a bit.

Yeah kinda agree, if the anti-cheat system got updated, then keep it as secret as possible, so people cant get around it.

On my opinion it would be better if all the cases would be public, and then only few admins would give the verdict with clear evidence and close the case. Like i reported some team-killers already in my history, but i kinda doubt they ever got banned, and mainly cuz of all the evidence had to be send in private and then the case is also private.
31 Mar 2021, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 20:50 PMVonIvan

Tis a good question. I wonder too what was updated in the anti-cheat department. But if it was a multi-ban wave it must be something decent.

I'd like to see the raw numbers of accounts banned with this anti-cheat update.
31 Mar 2021, 21:20 PM

Yeah it does, i might be wrong, but doesnt the game updates (like new commanders, maps) all comes from community members, and then relic just put into the game? 64-bit isnt live yet right?

64bit is live since over 2 months now, and it certainly didnt get created out of thin air or by the community :D
31 Mar 2021, 22:30 PM
Donator 11

Help me to understand that: It's normal to you that Relic has a Community Manager working on the game. Coders working on the game that created 64 bit version. Invested thousands of dollars into CoH2 tournaments in the last 2 years.

But them updating the anti cheat system makes 0 sense to you??

Rekt
31 Mar 2021, 22:41 PM

THe 64 bit has been live for a couple months now, and it's a buggy mess.
So this makes me think...
Relic can't seem to code much anything well, the game has been essentially dead to them for years, but they suddenly have some new magic anti-cheat implementation in place just when all this drama starts...bit skeptical of all this....
1 Apr 2021, 04:46 AM

There are different skill levels of cheaters, pro cheaters make it very hard to know that they are cheating. Seeking for example never made it obvious that he was cheating. However even he messes up every now and then, as shown by aerafield's sniper video.

Just so this can be productive in banning future cheaters: Seeking never looked deep into fog of war. What he did was move his camera a little bit more to the edge than normal, just a tincy bit. A little weird when you look at it, but anyone including myself can overlook it.

He was very smart about it. Even though he'd see an MG42 through maphacks, he would still send a combat engineer towards it making it look like he's not maphacking.

It's specifically his sniper play that really gave it away: everybody wants to keep their sniper alive and kill the enemy sniper. So I think catch a cheater by his sniper play.

Also I was very convinced by Seeking in his stream that he wasn't cheating, so that totally took me by surprise and good to know for future purposes that a stream to show he doesn't cheat isn't enough.

Rewatch this again. Great techniques to hide cheating, but still some big mistakes.

NorthWeapon the Mark Felton music 4v4 god
1 Apr 2021, 05:06 AM

64bit is live since over 2 months now, and it certainly didnt get created out of thin air or by the community :D

Nor did it get created for all the people begging for it since their game crashed all the time.

It got created because of Microsoft and money. They don't give a rats ass about the community. Their game was a crashing pile of ass for years. Never heard a peep from them.
MMX
1 Apr 2021, 05:25 AM

Nor did it get created for all the people begging for it since their game crashed all the time.

It got created because of Microsoft and money. They don't give a rats ass about the community. Their game was a crashing pile of ass for years. Never heard a peep from them.

i mean, seriously, what else do you expect? they're a company, not charity, so ofc whatever they do has to have the prospect of earning them some money down the road. i'd say they don't care less about the coh community than any other major studio/publisher would. and the fact that there's a new cm right now plus a major balance preview in the making gives at least some hope that there's some rekindled interest in keeping the franchise alive and well.

also the game ran fine for me with the occasional bugsplat here and there for the last 5 or so years, so that 'crashing pile of ass' may be a sad reality for some people, but it's far from the general rule.
1 Apr 2021, 05:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 13:26 PMLatch

But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'.

I think most players do this, but there were no allegations of cheating that I remember for something like this. Also, the camera movement is different because you're moving it trying to hear the sound of the vehicle stopping.
1 Apr 2021, 09:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 13:26 PMLatch

But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'.

I agree once the vehicles hit the field, but when a game starts I personally don't look around in FoW like that. I wrote this from my own experience, as I don't use tact map and I found some of the replays very suspicious, like he was trying to just take a quick peek but not being too obvious.
1 Apr 2021, 14:26 PM

lool all yall are ridiculous foreal foreal. half of yall act like lil kids nd live off drama
1 Apr 2021, 15:08 PM

I will kinda distance from seeking now. And focus more on the anti cheat system.
Does anyone here actually think relic went and update their cheat-system? The most of updates on the game is being made by community anyways, so i highly doubt they went and fix something they couldn't set up at start.
And how do you update the anti-cheat system, without updating the game? Also you are saying that relic had stored all the replays of all the games, and that they put them through new VAC? I am not a smart man, but doesn't anti-cheat work in a way, that you have to actively play to get detected and get banned?

IMO, someone should just map hack, post a video on youtube, and then will see, how good is the new anti-cheat system.

When the cheaters out themselves :clap:
1 Apr 2021, 15:17 PM

I will kinda distance from seeking now. And focus more on the anti cheat system.
Does anyone here actually think relic went and update their cheat-system? The most of updates on the game is being made by community anyways, so i highly doubt they went and fix something they couldn't set up at start.
And how do you update the anti-cheat system, without updating the game? Also you are saying that relic had stored all the replays of all the games, and that they put them through new VAC? I am not a smart man, but doesn't anti-cheat work in a way, that you have to actively play to get detected and get banned?

IMO, someone should just map hack, post a video on youtube, and then will see, how good is the new anti-cheat system.

Not when the tools they use are replay analytics, since replays are not "videos" but repetitions of each and every single player action.
That way there is no need to update the game for anything.
Remember that pretty much always we had to send replays to them to get anything done.

To put it differently:
Most anti cheat tools are "police" that sees you in the act and reacts by reporting you further for review or automatically beats you out of the game.
Analytics based anti cheat tools are "detectives" investigating potential crime scene and relic just got a better one.
1 Apr 2021, 17:09 PM

Are you hopin that he will be seeking forgiveness?

sry, but i dont think this is a grammatically correct english sentence
atleast i dont get what you mean
1 Apr 2021, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 17:09 PMBaba

sry, but i dont think this is a grammatically correct english sentence
atleast i dont get what you mean

Apology accepted, but I think it is :D

Just google ´seeking forgiveness´

1 Apr 2021, 23:09 PM

Apology accepted, but I think it is :D

Just google ´seeking forgiveness´

-.- ...i was making fun of your pun... -.-

i dont need to google that to see that you used the present progressive form of to seek forgiveness...
9 Apr 2021, 16:47 PM

are we geting a total wipe rank ! to be fair since there's 2016 map hacks on coh2 ? give a a total wipe on rank let it start from fresh ! its Sad that this only happen on 2021 this fault issue of not having a proper "Conter maphack" from relic all this time and only now relic should apologize for failing the cummonity and the game !
! total pity that theres some great players in terms of skill yes skill fast macro and responding on units and giving commands geting in this situation ! i will be happy it a total wipe on the rank so make that happen!!
9 Apr 2021, 17:04 PM

are we geting a total wipe rank !

rest in peace

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198124468103/standings

btw, in last december, Seeking changed his steam-name to "cheating bastard" for a few days :snfPeter: I am not joking I swear

9 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

its realy pity because we did haved a good macroo and response time on the battle action ! will be miss but can you guys prove that we actualy cheater on turnament? i get that people cheat to get hight rank level to be taken seriusly but i now that 50% of top ranking players on coh2 does its not new but if he didnt cheat on turnamnet that should be a ban punishment and not a ban perm!
9 Apr 2021, 19:24 PM

All of this because of some luck and coincidences :snfPeter:

Poor Seeking man

He is cheating with the brumbar and the sniper plays, but this whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

At most he should've gotten a slap on the wrist :luvArmy:
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Germany 22
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L