Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
MMX
14 Mar 2021, 05:03 AM

The way I understood it IPlayForKeeps was an infamous top ranking (universally agreed upon) maphacker, while Deadbolt just copied his name, is this correct?

Because as far as I know IPlayForKeeps was British, while Deadbolt is German.

that's how i remember it, too. there was a somewhat lengthy interview on gr.org with him way back with a bit of backstory to the guy after he won a tournament... and before he was exposed as a maphacker, obviously. i'd seriously doubt these two are the same person
14 Mar 2021, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:31 AMPorygon

I see, but there is an argument such a high level player, maphacking is actually giving much more information in the screen and if he tried to hide it, it taking much more effort doing so, then the maphack becomes a distraction.

"Its a harder game for pro's when they have map-hacks on" Why are you simping for cheaters so hard?
14 Mar 2021, 09:51 AM

Seeking playing on deadbolts account wasnt secret before the maphack accusations came up, so it seems thats not the reason for his damaged reputation

Yes and? what the argument here? I could share my account with Seeking that wouldn't be a problem until he or I decide to cheat and impact both reputation. He's been careless or too trusty with his "uncle" and unfortunately that went against him, sad but that's also the reason nobody should share his account.

I didn't felt any pleasure in A_E voice in its videos nor in its comment on the topic, This has been A LOT of stress for someone who's dedicating A LOT of its time to entertain us through COH2 and Seeking actions could have wipe all his efforts and reputation, this is something not to forget.

In this matter if Seeking goes clean apologizes should go both ways between A_E and Seeking.
14 Mar 2021, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 22:50 PMKoRneY
For what it's worth Deadbolt was also banned in Coh1 for cheating. He played under ip4k (iplayforkeeps) and had 100+ win streaks before he was busted. When I saw him start playing this and shot onto the leaderboards I was already suspect. Then this happened.

If Deadbolt is actually his (Seekings) uncle he keeps poor company. That dude is sketch as fuck.

Someone asking about ip4k

Gr.org replay

It's NOT seekings uncle. Seekings uncle has imitated deadbolt since 2013 at least. And not just in the name department as it seems...

Seekings uncle = just a random average player, none of his high ranks are legit and as far as I know he has no previous reputation
14 Mar 2021, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 10:05 AMGiaA

It's NOT seekings uncle. Seekings uncle has imitated deadbolt since 2013 at least. And not just in the name department as it seems...

Seekings uncle = just a random average player, none of his high ranks are legit and as far as I know he has no previous reputation

Hmm yeah, looking up the replays on gamereplays.org, it seems he "stole" both names.
14 Mar 2021, 11:03 AM

Literally 44 people viewing this thread. Do people love drama this much?

Which gaming community doesn't love drama? It's entertaining/interesting (in a sad way of course if you look at it seriously)

My personal opinion, having 8000+ hours of this game since the beta, is that, based on the clips provided, the accusation of maphacking is not completely proven, although it is tough to prove such things in coh2. Personally I think it's most likely game awareness/competitive play. However, I do recall about 8-10 months ago seeking's level of gameplay in 1v1 was top 100. Over the course of those months he did train intensively with top players and has recently got better in tournaments overall. If he has been maphacking, it would've been prevalent in WC2020 I suspect, and that was not the case, unless it was something occurring recently. Though I will say being a friend of seeking, there is a personal bias so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I for one have always loved the community and watched carefully, even with those who have been sus in the past( Calling out Kimbo because I love him). But I have personally practiced with Seeking and have seen him improve his aggressive gameplay style and tactical gameplay awareness. He was originally a 2v2 high level player, but switched to 1v1 to get better. All high level players can agree with me that we have all trained with him at some point in the last 6 months. I was a bit shocked when I saw how many top players agreed the clips were suspicious, but I respect all of their opinions on this matter, as it is serious. My final conclusion to this long copy pasta is that instead of hanging the man, I would suggest first having a suspension or just having refs keep very close tabs on the games Seeking plays in the future for the next 6 months.
14 Mar 2021, 14:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 11:03 AMVonIvan

Which gaming community doesn't love drama? It's entertaining/interesting (in a sad way of course if you look at it seriously)

My personal opinion, having 8000+ hours of this game since the beta, is that, based on the clips provided, the accusation of maphacking is not completely proven, although it is tough to prove such things in coh2. Personally I think it's most likely game awareness/competitive play. However, I do recall about 8-10 months ago seeking's level of gameplay in 1v1 was top 100. Over the course of those months he did train intensively with top players and has recently got better in tournaments overall. If he has been maphacking, it would've been prevalent in WC2020 I suspect, and that was not the case, unless it was something occurring recently. Though I will say being a friend of seeking, there is a personal bias so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I for one have always loved the community and watched carefully, even with those who have been sus in the past( Calling out Kimbo because I love him). But I have personally practiced with Seeking and have seen him improve his aggressive gameplay style and tactical gameplay awareness. He was originally a 2v2 high level player, but switched to 1v1 to get better. All high level players can agree with me that we have all trained with him at some point in the last 6 months. I was a bit shocked when I saw how many top players agreed the clips were suspicious, but I respect all of their opinions on this matter, as it is serious. My final conclusion to this long copy pasta is that instead of hanging the man, I would suggest first having a suspension or just having refs keep very close tabs on the games Seeking plays in the future for the next 6 months.

The ivan has given his verdict, Seeking is innocent

Case closed, close the thread
14 Mar 2021, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 09:51 AMEsxile

Yes and? what the argument here? I could share my account with Seeking that wouldn't be a problem until he or I decide to cheat and impact both reputation. He's been careless or too trusty with his "uncle" and unfortunately that went against him, sad but that's also the reason nobody should share his account.

I didn't felt any pleasure in A_E voice in its videos nor in its comment on the topic, This has been A LOT of stress for someone who's dedicating A LOT of its time to entertain us through COH2 and Seeking actions could have wipe all his efforts and reputation, this is something not to forget.

In this matter if Seeking goes clean apologizes should go both ways between A_E and Seeking.

The account sharing thing in itself seems harmless. The only issue is that his uncle signed up for a tourney. Back then for some weird reason nobody intervened even though it was blatantly obvious that it's seeking playing. People told sturmpanther and he was like "no, deathbolt wants to prove himself, he trained with XYZ." You almost can't blame Seeking for people being THAT naive. Maybe his uncle just signed up without telling him. Since it was so obvious back then and the uncle didn't actually play in the tourney it shouldn't be taken too seriously imho.

The real problem is that seeking keeps lying about playing on the Deadbolt account after the warning was issued.
14 Mar 2021, 16:51 PM

+1
14 Mar 2021, 17:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

Forget for a second who is been accused. And provide a possible explanation to the following:

I want anyone to show me that it is humanely possible to send an input key after receiving visual stimulus and for that to happen around 5/10 frames. In a game which has around 0.500ms/0.800ms delayed based on his distance to the servers.

I want anyone who is in doubt, to prove me wrong. That somehow Seeking has a quantum PC who can send key commands across the ocean for the server to receive the input immediately.
Or that somehow there's such a level of desync, in the realm of 1 to 2 seconds (around 30/60 frames difference for a non +720p60f yt vid)

If Seeking had stay silent or given ANY OTHER DEFENSE for several of the clips, that would be way more logical.

I would love if someone found an explanation cause that would mean i would learn something new.
14 Mar 2021, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 21:02 PMA_E
I feel with the Satup/Deadbolt account showing 100% obvious map hacking and having known connections to three VAC bans... not being banned officially, that is a scary prospect indeed, and shows why we need to look after our own tournaments for now at least.

I don't see Seekings defenders having an answer for this either? I'm far from an expert but if you're accused of cheating on one account, and we already know you've played on other accounts that definitely cheated... Welp

At the very least you can't say this a witch hunt... It's still very possible he's innocent but people need to stop acting like that's obvious. There's a lot more reason to think he's guilty still

The fact that anyone is using Relic's decision for meaning is hilarious. Cause they would never make a mistake right? Especially one involving CoH2, they've handled this game flawlessly :rolleyes:
14 Mar 2021, 17:56 PM

The fact that anyone is using Relic's decision for meaning is hilarious. Cause they would never make a mistake right? Especially one involving CoH2, they've handled this game flawlessly :rolleyes:

Relic hasn't made a "mistake". They just don't ban players in realtime. There are usually weeks between every ban wave. At least that's the way it has been handled in the past.
14 Mar 2021, 18:01 PM

Relic hasn't made a "mistake". They just don't ban players in realtime. There are usually weeks between every ban wave. At least that's the way it has been handled in the past.

I wasn't saying they had, cause I really don't know what the right decision is. I just believe the accusers more than the defenders, especially since the accusers seem more numerous and seem to be putting in much more effort

That last part was just me being curious about how people suddenly started trusting Relic so implicitly. Half of this forum is specifically devoted to questioning their decisions lol
Pip
14 Mar 2021, 18:58 PM

Or that somehow there's such a level of desync, in the realm of 1 to 2 seconds (around 30/60 frames difference for a non +720p60f yt vid)

The other part of this, as I mentioned before, is that if the game were Desynched, it wouldn't be desynched in a way that would make people appear to react FASTER to events, the game would have to be sending information to a player before it actually occurred for that to happen. If there's desynch, players would appear to have much slower reactions than normal.

Unless Lelic put replays together in a very arcane manner, i suppose, but I'd like to see any evidence of that.
14 Mar 2021, 19:00 PM

Relic hasn't made a "mistake". They just don't ban players in realtime.

Bao was banned mid stream for impersonating the new community manager after like 30mins.
14 Mar 2021, 19:00 PM

I think the most damning scenarios are the ones where he "reacts" to things happening behind FOW and the defense is that he reacted AFTER the fact that he saw the units coming. So there's no "prefire".

Elchino I am saddened by this clip. Since YOU are the one who taught ME how to go frame by frame in YouTube.

If you go frame by frame you will see:
- the units are visible at 24:10.
- the Katy is already pointed in that direction.
- the Scott sees the blob and starts to pull back.
- the first rockets appear at 24:12.

In testing the Katy fires in about 300-400 mS if it does not need to rotate.

That gives Seeking approximately 1.6 seconds to react. Plus or minus some time since I did not count frames.

The average human being reacts in around 200-250 mS. So Seeking was actually slow in reacting by 1.4 seconds.

One thing about these videos also is that when you are playing the replay and toggle the FOW, the units may appear or disappear for a few frames until the FOW is recalculated. We need replays that have the FOW ON at all times to really see what happened. So in this clip the units MAY have appeared even sooner but were invisible until the game recalc'ed the FOW.
14 Mar 2021, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2021, 19:00 PMRosbone
If you go frame by frame you will see:
- the units are visible at 24:10.
- the Katy is already pointed in that direction.
- the Scott sees the blob and starts to pull back.
- the first rockets appear at 24:12.

????????

Why are you counting when the first rockets appear? Bottom right you can see the ability activation icon. The barrage ability was activated before the first unit was sighted.
14 Mar 2021, 19:08 PM

????????

Why are you counting when the first rockets appear? Bottom right you can see the ability activation icon. The barrage ability was activated before the first unit was sighted.

Seeking had clicked the ability but had not told the game where to shoot yet. You can only see the RED arrows on screen of the live game not, in the replay.

So all that says is he was waiting for a target, saw one, and then fired.

You could argue that since the katy was pointed right at the blob he knew the blob was coming? Or just more game sense/luck?
Pip
14 Mar 2021, 19:08 PM

????????

Exactly, units have their own "reaction" time governed by turnspeed and animation lengths, you have to look at ability activations rather than when an unit actually "acts". (Unless even the unit acting is quicker than a realistic reaction time, at which point it's kind of obvious something fishy is occurring.)
14 Mar 2021, 19:13 PM

????????

This.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 32
Mexico 18
Germany 887

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W