Login

russian armor

Winter 2021 Balance Patch - Discussion

28 Feb 2021, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 21:29 PMVipper
The mortar pit HE barrage is simply OP.

Insane range and good damage for no cost.

Ah vipper alies always op this is really geting boring.
Just think about it HE barrage is avalible later than panzerfetwer or stuka zu fuss so in most cases mortar pit will not survive to that moment when HE barrage is avalible but ok pls nerf.
28 Feb 2021, 10:20 AM

Ah vipper alies always op this is really geting boring.

Try to stick to the point and not the person. If you find my post boring I suggest not to read them.

Just think about it HE barrage is avalible later than panzerfetwer or stuka zu fuss so in most cases mortar pit will not survive to that moment when HE barrage is avalible but ok pls nerf.

PW and Stuka not that good at taking out mortar pits (unless PW fires from very close range or Stuka fires incendiary which require veterancy) and brace will greatly reduce damage taken from rocket artillery.
28 Feb 2021, 10:45 AM

I am very sad, they nerfed all indirect fire. Pak howie small damage, 120mm, small damage, ml20 5 kills after 5 barrages, 7L, i am done.

They only buffed mortar pit, which was already pretty stronk, so i guess i will aboose more brits.
28 Feb 2021, 11:50 AM

I am very sad, they nerfed all indirect fire. Pak howie small damage, 120mm, small damage, ml20 5 kills after 5 barrages, 7L, i am done.

They only buffed mortar pit, which was already pretty stronk, so i guess i will aboose more brits.

Only scott and pak howie were nerfer. And for a good reason. Now in teamgames, USF has to use 1 more brainsell in order to win games outside or airborn\lmg spam into pak howi and scotts spam.
28 Feb 2021, 12:16 PM

Only scott and pak howie were nerfer. And for a good reason. Now in teamgames, USF has to use 1 more brainsell in order to win games outside or airborn\lmg spam into pak howi and scotts spam.

Idk, the 120mm fells way worse, i just use to afk it, and it got many kills, and now i should micro it. Litereally unplayble.
28 Feb 2021, 12:37 PM

Could we please change back the crew of the flak emplacement and the kübelwagen. The vehicle and ost mg crew models looked fine in imo. The winter volksgrenadier looks especially weird in the kübelwagen. The detection passive ability for the IR StG Obers should also be removed since it has the same position as the reinforce button. Maybe it could be an icon on the portrait.
MMX
28 Feb 2021, 13:51 PM

Idk, the 120mm fells way worse, i just use to afk it, and it got many kills, and now i should micro it. Litereally unplayble.

literally nothing changed for the 120mm. unless there has been some ninja nerf or any other sort of unlikely slip up i'd suggest recalibrating your feels-meter.
28 Feb 2021, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 13:51 PMMMX

literally nothing changed for the 120mm. unless there has been some ninja nerf or any other sort of unlikely slip up i'd suggest recalibrating your feels-meter.

It has been buffed in the "bug" fixes:

Fixed an issue where the 120mm Mortar would need to reset during the initiation of barrages if the target area was offset with the mortar, despite being in the arc.

Fixed inconsistencies where the 120mm Mortar in AOE and fire-times between auto-fire and barrage.

Fixed an issue with the 120mm Mortar tooltip regarding population; will now properly state 9 rather than 10.
MMX
28 Feb 2021, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 14:56 PMVipper

It has been buffed in the "bug" fixes:
[...]

yeah i noticed, but none of these changes should have made the 120mm less powerful for sure.

although this one got me slightly confused:

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 14:56 PMVipper

Fixed inconsistencies where the 120mm Mortar in AOE and fire-times between auto-fire and barrage.

now the AoE changes should have barely any noticeable effect other than bringing the numbers of autofire and barrage in line with each other. but i'm quite puzzled what the "fire-time" changes are referring to. could anyone give more info on this?
Pip
28 Feb 2021, 15:56 PM

Were mortar pits uncounterable pre-patch? The only thing that changed was it's late game utility with the new barrage and the 2nd mortar upgrade split cost. If you're suddenly having trouble with Pits it's not because of durability or timing unless you think the un-upgraded pit is too strong. (it's not) If anything it should be easier to counter in team games since OKW gets access to Napalm rockets at Vet 1 now. I do like the new barrage it's strong where I usually would kill ISGs and support weapons that I targeted but it's infrequent enough that I found it impossible to counter team weapon spam with the heavy barrage alone.

Well, I suppose the argument is that it now significantly outranges Axis indirects (Those that are nondoctrinal, and are an actual threat to it, I mean), and can sit well out of the reach of PAKs and place itself somewhere it is far less able to be dove by tanks, meaning that a VERY deep Mortar Pit is almost like a nondoctrinal howitzer with much better survivability.

I haven't tested the unit myself, nor played against it yet, but I can see how it might be an issue. I think we'll have to see how it all plays out in practice (in teamgames specifically) before any knee-jerk further changes are made. I just hope it doesnt feel too AIDS to play against... though I always go Overwatch against brits anyway, so i can just LEFH it to death if its' too much a problem.
28 Feb 2021, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 15:42 PMMMX

yeah i noticed, but none of these changes should have made the 120mm less powerful for sure.

although this one got me slightly confused:

now the AoE changes should have barely any noticeable effect other than bringing the numbers of autofire and barrage in line with each other. but i'm quite puzzled what the "fire-time" changes are referring to. could anyone give more info on this?

I suspect the time for switching from auto-fire to barrage and vice versa.
28 Feb 2021, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 15:56 PMPip

Well, I suppose the argument is that it now significantly outranges Axis indirects (Those that are nondoctrinal, and are an actual threat to it, I mean), and can sit well out of the reach of PAKs and place itself somewhere it is far less able to be dove by tanks, meaning that a VERY deep Mortar Pit is almost like a nondoctrinal howitzer with much better survivability.

I haven't tested the unit myself, nor played against it yet, but I can see how it might be an issue. I think we'll have to see how it all plays out in practice (in teamgames specifically) before any knee-jerk further changes are made. I just hope it doesnt feel too AIDS to play against... though I always go Overwatch against brits anyway, so i can just LEFH it to death if its' too much a problem.

I tried emplacements several times with the new patch. They're still not very good. Most OST will get a MHT and OKW will go Feuerstorm, both of which take down the emplacements quickly even if fortified. The long range barrage has too much scatter and too long of a cooldown to be anything besides situational. It's good for getting the last hit in on a schwerer after you've dropped supremacy or something like that.

I would say that the buffed Centaur feels too good, but it doesn't feel that different from the Ostwind, and neither of those seem to have the impact that a werfer has.

I do miss the dive bomb from Jaeger Armor already, particularly when playing randoms. The strafe isn't too bad, always amusing when people don't watch their stuff after a recon. It kills light vehicles quite well.
28 Feb 2021, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 17:01 PMGrumpy

I tried emplacements several times with the new patch. They're still not very good. Most OST will get a MHT and OKW will go Feuerstorm, both of which take down the emplacements quickly even if fortified. The long range barrage has too much scatter and too long of a cooldown to be anything besides situational. It's good for getting the last hit in on a schwerer after you've dropped supremacy or something like that.

Congrats, you forced them to go a certain doctrine, profit.
28 Feb 2021, 17:45 PM

So basically u are mad that u cant afk and leave ur heavy mortar be and now u have to actually put effort into it? WOW lazy much
28 Feb 2021, 18:59 PM

So basically u are mad that u cant afk and leave ur heavy mortar be and now u have to actually put effort into it? WOW lazy much

He was joking. It is so obvious if you take the time to properly read what he wrote.
28 Feb 2021, 19:10 PM

Yes, i used to just get 120mm, or pak howie, you just park it somewhere, and you win. And now i have to look at infantry and my indirect fire,i dont think i can manage that. My rank will go BRRRR
28 Feb 2021, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 17:01 PMGrumpy

Same thing happen to me the other day, lost 2 mortar pits early game, but i just build 2 new ones later in the game (20 mins into the game), and you have insta heavy barrage, so they both got vet very quickly and the enemy team RQ, but it was on the map Etelbruck station, where you can aboose mortar pit
1 Mar 2021, 07:04 AM

Could we please change back the crew of the flak emplacement and the kübelwagen. The vehicle and ost mg crew models looked fine in imo. The winter volksgrenadier looks especially weird in the kübelwagen. The detection passive ability for the IR StG Obers should also be removed since it has the same position as the reinforce button. Maybe it could be an icon on the portrait.

Wait they change the models ?
why?
1 Mar 2021, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2021, 07:04 AMOlfin

Wait they change the models ?
why?

They changed the model on the wc51 because it can't be decrewed anymore. So they probably wanted to do the same for other light vehicles. I personally don't think this is something that needed consistency and just looks bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★