Login

russian armor

Teamgames

24 Jan 2021, 21:48 PM

Calliope oneshots my troops before i can retreat and its impossible to hear the sound of it firing in teamgames

Also soviet aa halftrack is still the king of shooting down planes

What is your thoughts?
24 Jan 2021, 21:52 PM

Calliope is indeed insanely OP. Soviet AA HT is also OP but will be nerfed next patch.
24 Jan 2021, 22:06 PM

Yeah Calliope is too strong at wiping. but to be fair in teamgames same is true for Stuka too. Both units need more consistent damage over a wider area with less wiping potential.

A lot of wiping potential was already taken out of the game (less deadly mines, visible demo charges, less AOE at heavy tanks and super heavy tanks... and the list goes on). I wonder how this two units could survive the changes. Both can obliterate a full squad in a single salvo.
24 Jan 2021, 22:11 PM

Doesn't the Calliope need to be good since its Doctrinal? USF has to pick a doc to wipe blobs. OKW, SOV, and OST dont.
24 Jan 2021, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 22:11 PMRosbone
Doesn't the Calliope need to be good since its Doctrinal? USF has to pick a doc to wipe blobs. OKW, SOV, and OST dont.

yes Im not sure how useless people want a doctrinal 10cp 115 fuel rocket artillery piece to be again.
Stuka is easily as oppressive in teamgames and it's there before the 10 minute mark
24 Jan 2021, 22:20 PM

L2P I guess. Calliope is strong, no doubt about it, but it's strength is the armour/hp, not the barrage itself. If you can't hear it and can't react, turn the volume up. About the AA the soviets have. It's their only AA option in the game, and is expensive as such. L2P I guess.
24 Jan 2021, 22:22 PM

yes Im not sure how useless people want a doctrinal 10cp 115 fuel rocket artillery piece to be again.
Stuka is easily as oppressive in teamgames and it's there before the 10 minute mark

Calliope is 10x easier to use than Stuka and 10x better against blobbed units. Plus it only costs 15 fuel more despite being very durable and more lethal.

Every single 3v3 I have played recently is always just Urban Assault with Calliope, Pak Howi, RE with Rifle Grenade and Rangers. It's incredibly boring and annoying to play against.
24 Jan 2021, 22:27 PM

Firepower is not the problem imho. It's the fact that it having 3-4x the durability of its contemporaries means you can roll it to the front and do close range salvos -> extremely deadly rockets and extremely difficult to punish. A pzwerfer can achieve similar devastation but realistically wouldn't be put close enough to do so barring some very risky plays.

EDIT: And yes, I'm tired of playing 'Dodge the Calliope' for 30 mins and acting as a lightning rod for my teammates.
24 Jan 2021, 23:07 PM

I tend to agree that it should be toned down, and yes, ideally in the survivability department so that it can't be used at such close range. Sure, it's a tank, but Axis rocket arty is also mounted on halftracks that normally take 2 160 dmg shots, yet they die in a single shot. Let's just assume that thy are all so fragile because the rockets explode when hit and call it a day. 2 tank shots should reliably take it down. Vehicle durability makes no sense anyway, I mean Kubel can tank a direct shot from an IS-2...
24 Jan 2021, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 23:07 PMDharx
I tend to agree that it should be toned down, and yes, ideally in the survivability department so that it can't be used at such close range. Sure, it's a tank, but Axis rocket arty is also mounted on halftracks that normally take 2 160 dmg shots, yet they die in a single shot. Let's just assume that thy are all so fragile because the rockets explode when hit and call it a day. 2 tank shots should reliably take it down. Vehicle durability makes no sense anyway, I mean Kubel can tank a direct shot from an IS-2...

Agreed. Give the Calliope Sexton or Priest durability.
25 Jan 2021, 04:45 AM

Sure, it's a tank

Where's my ability to use main gun? Stuka fires mounted MG!!1 Or... or turn it into upgrade to regular Sherman such as dozer blade :lolol:
25 Jan 2021, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 23:25 PMSpoof

Agreed. Give the Calliope Sexton or Priest durability.

And make it non-doctrinal.

:help:
stop standardization all units. What we have left? Only chess blue versus red.
25 Jan 2021, 12:06 PM

Calliope needs its health and armour to go down atleast, ppl keep comparing it to the stuka. Stuka is good vs team weps but unreliable vs blobs while calliope can engange both effectively. Also, with the recent nerfs to USF indirect, i think its time for usf to get calliope non doc
25 Jan 2021, 12:20 PM

How is calliope OP if you take everything in the context? It has been nerfed already. It is the most expensive rocket arty in the game, needs a doctrine to be picked and is almost the entire reason why the doctrines exist in the first place. With the indirect fire nerfs that USF will have next patch, USF will already be in a really bad state and calliope will be pretty much used alot more to fill the gap of having no reliable blob handling unit.

Btw, panzerwerfer which is a unit you don't need to pick a doctrine for is getting a low angle barrage ability which has almost the same wipe potential as calliope has in the next patch :D
25 Jan 2021, 13:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

/moved to gameplay because of poor quality OP
25 Jan 2021, 13:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On topic:
I think the Calliope could use a small reduction between the single rockets firing offense wise and a decrease to being two-shotted and armor reduction defense wise.
25 Jan 2021, 14:40 PM

This
25 Jan 2021, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2021, 11:46 AMAradan

And make it non-doctrinal.

:help:
stop standardization all units. What we have left? Only chess blue versus red.

This isn't standardization. This is a deserved nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★