Login

russian armor

Reduce UKF Tommy and Engineer population?

Reduce Tommy default pop?
Option Distribution Votes
14%
83%
3%
Reduce Engineer default pop?
Option Distribution Votes
22%
78%
0%
Total votes: 72
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jan 2021, 14:35 PM

I think it cost too many population,so could reduce them default pop by 1?Or maybe just for Tommy?Increase squad size now need T2,and relic NERF them rifle damage long time,default 4 men squad also need 270MP,I think now Tommy need some buff,at least it default pop could be 6(after upgrade to 7 same as other mainline infantry),also give more population to use for UKF
21 Jan 2021, 14:49 PM

Better not encourage heavy IS builds even more

If anything in UKF needs buff its the Vickers, not IS
21 Jan 2021, 16:43 PM

Cutting Eng pop would be nice as they need to be common for snares. People already hate tommy spam. I think the best source of savings is shaving everywhere else. Cut emplacements by 2-4 pop, cut Crommy by 1, base Churchill by 1-2, FF by 1-2, AO by 1-2, and maybe Vickers by 1. Make Churchill count as a heavy tank so you can only get 1. Only allow 1 of each emplacement. The new mortar change really helps.

Fixing the Vickers requires consistently suppressing assaulting squads without letting them nade you.
Pip
21 Jan 2021, 16:47 PM

Given how strong Tommies are, I'd be loathe to agree to a population reduction for them. As Descolata has suggested, Population reductions across a swathe of UKF's other units might be a better idea.

EDIT: Regarding engineers; Instead of reducing their base population, could you not simply give them a population buff when Bolster is teched? This works out to have the same effect, but it means your population doesn't move around as much.
21 Jan 2021, 16:48 PM

no. they completely wreck volks and grens and u want them to have the same OR lower pop cAP, then lower ther combat performance too but thats not guna happen mate.
22 Jan 2021, 12:53 PM

Not under the impression that this is necessary.

Personally I'd remove the bolster upgrade and balance tommies around their 5-man setup, but it's not broken as it is so better leave it be.
22 Jan 2021, 17:40 PM

UKF Infantry Sections and Engineers/Sappers are fine.

The other stuff however could do with a pop decrease though.
22 Jan 2021, 19:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think engineers should be slightly more expensive and have their damage increased. They're currently pitiful even at 5 man and you only ever build 2 at the most.

Tommies if anything need a redesign or stats shift, not a buff.
22 Jan 2021, 19:37 PM

The damage for the price is not that bad for RE actually

Ass gren 10 DPS close

RE 7 DPS close
22 Jan 2021, 23:27 PM

I think engineers should be slightly more expensive and have their damage increased. They're currently pitiful even at 5 man and you only ever build 2 at the most.

Tommies if anything need a redesign or stats shift, not a buff.

It's not like OST or SOV engineers are any better on that front.
22 Jan 2021, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2021, 23:27 PMThamor

It's not like OST or SOV engineers are any better on that front.

Ost and sov engineers don't carry stock CQC troop role on their shoulders.
Pip
23 Jan 2021, 00:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2021, 23:46 PMKatitof

That's what the Assault Officer is for, now.
23 Jan 2021, 01:19 AM

Actually OST engi does carry CQC for OST for core troops, it's not like assgrens are in every commander. If you say PG's they are somewhere between there for OST for mid-CQC.
23 Jan 2021, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 00:19 AMPip

I wish he was good at it. AO is crazy expensive, his sweep doesn't even work right, and the only sprint on UKF... can't be used on its CQC unit.

Late game he picks up 2 UKF brens, so he's about half an IS in power for full cost. With his extra man, the AO is 9 population, I believe the most pop expensive infantry in the game.

30 MP reinforcement, always a treat on units that have to assault over open ground.

Also the AO uses the miserable "new_wedge_elite", the famous V formation being patched out on other units.

The AO DOES have some of the lowest RA in the game, at .7 initially with a RA of .595 at Vet 3, mildly loosing to vetted Rangers.

Suggestions:
Cut pop cost by 1-2, so its not 9 pop Vet 2. UKF already has issues fitting in necessary units due to lack of generalist units.

Make Heroic Charge able to target the AO.

Fix Recon Sweep

Replace "new_wedge_elite" with "new_standard_line".

To Try:
Fire-On-Move Brens. AO needs a late game reason to take up so much Pop, and Brens have a backwards DPS profile to the stens.
23 Jan 2021, 03:13 AM

they also cant sling AT, have snares, increase their squads by 25% or gain armour ...
for their price sappers are amazing. if not for their timing they might even have the potential to be oppressive.
23 Jan 2021, 03:17 AM

To Try:
Fire-On-Move Brens. AO needs a late game reason to take up so much Pop, and Brens have a backwards DPS profile to the stens.

please no more lmgs on the move... lmgs were supposed to have clear cut strengths and weaknesses'. they are strong at range, weak on the move and unable to fotm. thats good. you know why its good? because then we dont have long range death squads that can chase. lets try to bring back some thought in to combat and avoid battle of the blobs best we can yea?
cover. relative positioning. ROLES.
23 Jan 2021, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 00:19 AMPip

No, that's what he was supposed to do.
And going by how often its used in competitive games, I'd say he doesn't carry that job particularly well.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 01:19 AMThamor

Actually OST engi does carry CQC for OST for core troops, it's not like assgrens are in every commander. If you say PG's they are somewhere between there for OST for mid-CQC.

If you think pios are CQC for ost, you need to re-evaluate your life choices, because somewhere down the line you've made a terrible mistake.
Argue all you want, its PGs role and just because they still are effective beyond 10 range does not change that fact.
Pip
23 Jan 2021, 14:50 PM

they also cant sling AT, have snares, increase their squads by 25% or gain armour ...
for their price sappers are amazing. if not for their timing they might even have the potential to be oppressive.

In my experience they already do quite well vs unupgraded Volks, especially for their price. Im concerned the balance patch will make my early game vs brits even more AIDS.
23 Jan 2021, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 08:55 AMKatitof

If you think pios are CQC for ost, you need to re-evaluate your life choices, because somewhere down the line you've made a terrible mistake.
Argue all you want, its PGs role and just because they still are effective beyond 10 range does not change that fact.

They arnt shock troops but they are a threat as well. If you don't get focused down while closing pios will force tommies off. They also bully cons and any weapon crew they get up to. Again they ain't shocks but they shouldn't be ignored either. Sappers. Iirc have rough the same output do they not?
23 Jan 2021, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 14:50 PMPip

In my experience they already do quite well vs unupgraded Volks, especially for their price. Im concerned the balance patch will make my early game vs brits even more AIDS.

I too am afraid of this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS