Login

russian armor

64 Bit Update Bug Reporting

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
24 Jan 2021, 14:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 14:30 PMArray

Sorry no, I know that’s dumb because I took a screenshot but it was 3am and I was a bit worse for wear.

To elaborate it was Baku South muni in the corner. It had been capped by my opponent. I moved onto it and the circle icon appeared but just didn’t move staying at max. I walked around the point to see cloaked units but nothing I then retreated as enemy approaching. I tried again a few minutes later same thing happened.

was enemy soviet nkdv commander?
24 Jan 2021, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 12:46 PMVipper
Could it be that soviet was using scorch earth?

Scorched Earth trap detonates an incendiary trap before making the point uncapable. So that can't be it unless he missed a giant pool of flames.
24 Jan 2021, 15:56 PM
Donator 11

Not sure but propaganda was not used on my troops at the point. I can’t discount that maybe there was a cloaked sniper somehow and I didn’t move enough to find it. It would be odd though because It would have had to have been very lucky not to be spotted the first time and remained there until I came back and still not been spotted. There was no sniper fire in the game I recall
24 Jan 2021, 16:56 PM

Loaded into a match, at the start of the game. game closed as if i typed /q.
24 Jan 2021, 17:28 PM

FPS on Rzhev seem worse than before.

I played plenty of 3v3 since 64bit and performance seems better except for Rzhev where FPS drop to 15 FPS in late game. Me and mate both had this issue it was almost unplayable. This never happened in 3v3 to me with the 32bit version so not sure what's up with that.
24 Jan 2021, 17:43 PM

2nd game in a row that this happens:

My internet connection is fine as I can watch livestreams in the background without any issues.
I have never had these issues in 32bit version (meaning the reconnecting every second or even every couple of hundred milliseconds)

Has somebody experienced something like this before? Its frustrating af to play vs a better ranked opponent just to lose after a really good eraly game
24 Jan 2021, 17:51 PM

2nd game in a row that this happens:

Has somebody experienced something like this before? Its frustrating af to play vs a better ranked opponent just to lose after a really good eraly game

This happened to my teammate almost every game before he fixed it by deleting his coh2 folder (not the main one but the one in documents) and verifying game files. Not sure if that really fixed it but he was fine since then so it might have helped.
24 Jan 2021, 18:09 PM

This happened to my teammate almost every game before he fixed it by deleting his coh2 folder (not the main one but the one in documents) and verifying game files. Not sure if that really fixed it but he was fine since then so it might have helped.

Thanks - I will try that!
24 Jan 2021, 18:28 PM

Well. I have already played a lot (more than a few dozen matches) after the x64 patch. But only now the game broke with a sync error.
24 Jan 2021, 18:49 PM

After I updated to the 64 bit about 1h after release, I had 15 FPS on all maps after about 1 minute of gameplay (RX 580, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600). Low settings, same shit, highest possible settings, same shit. Then, out of the blue, the FPS just stabilized. I didn't verify, didn't reinstall. Literally tested around 20 maps one after the other on all possible settings with Vsync off or on (I later thought that turning Vsync ON was what fixed it but it wasn't).

So, I shut the computer off, and went to sleep. Woke up, studied, and after an hour or two, went on to test again. Opened COH2. Same thing. Of,on,high,low, each and every map I tested I had 15 FPS after about one minute.

Again, I turned off COH2 and went to cook myself some lunch. After an hour and half, I wanted to give it one last try before reinstalling. Lo and behold. The FPS went to 80-90 and was as smooth as butter. Literally the computer was idle for an hour and a half and somehow the FPS got fixed.

It's strange
25 Jan 2021, 19:02 PM

ryzen 1700
8gb ram
1070ti
win10

Game runs like sh*t... and not just that, last match i got sync error and insta defeat even tho it was a win in a minute or two... I never saw that error before.
GJ with patch, game is dogsh*t now, nor fluid nor stable as before. Played maybe 5-6 matches, all of them had major freezes at some point in game. Last one sync problem and insta defeat. Probably done with this game, again, great job on pushing the patch to stable!
25 Jan 2021, 19:08 PM

ryzen 1700
8gb ram
1070ti
win10

Game runs like sh*t... and not just that, last match i got sync error and insta defeat even tho it was a win in a minute or two... I never saw that error before.
GJ with patch, game is dogsh*t now, nor fluid nor stable as before. Played maybe 5-6 matches, all of them had major freezes at some point in game. Last one sync problem and insta defeat. Probably done with this game, again, great job on pushing the patch to stable!

8gb ram in win10 is pretty damn low for any game, unless the game is the only app running and even then it often doesn't cut it.
25 Jan 2021, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2021, 19:08 PMKatitof

8gb ram in win10 is pretty damn low for any game, unless the game is the only app running and even then it often doesn't cut it.

Nah its fine. On 8gb ram almost a year now, never ever did i had ram problems in anything, maybe in rust cuz its really big game and runs on unity engine.
Played the game in increments for years, have 2000 hours maybe, trust me 8gb of ram is not a problem.
Especially for this game. I played this game since last month or two, almost daily, never had problems with freezes or sync errors, now i do. Time for a break again.
25 Jan 2021, 20:34 PM

I've played CoH1 and 2 since release.

I've had more lag, freezes, and crashes since the patch then I've had in 14 years.
4 of 6 Relic postsRelic 26 Jan 2021, 00:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hi everyone,

We've just released a hotfix targeting Sync Errors and some other stability bugs.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/288597#Comment_288597

Hotfix - Jan 25 2021

-Sync Errors related to AMD and Intel processors playing together in the same match
-A fix for another generalized Sync Error
-Addition of archive.exe (for Mod tools and World Builder users)
-A fix for a crash when applying snowcap to model without a mesh
-Updated steam backend to install VisualC++2019 runtime distributable. Some players were unable to launch the game without this file.

We're continuing to look into other issues.
26 Jan 2021, 00:36 AM

Games broken MP income 0 gg
26 Jan 2021, 01:10 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

thanks Relic and Andy much appreciated
26 Jan 2021, 04:40 AM

After the first hotfix for 64bit update. I've found a new bug in the World builder.

When adding new damage state to a garrison. Once added the World builder bugsplats. Dons't matter if the building already has damaged added to it or if its a newly placed garrison.

Bug found 26/01 3:10pm
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight