Login

russian armor

Maxim reinforce cost

10 Jan 2021, 09:16 AM

So, during dark reign of maxim, one of the changes it got was increased reinforce cost that inflated value of default crew as another attempt to stop our god of suppression from ripping you a new one.

Now, years and countless nerfs later Maxim is in so bad state that its getting buffs for quite some time and it still is inadequate at best.

Given its current state and (lack of) place in game and meta, I believe we can revert that nerf.

Maxim is no longer dominating unit for years now and conscripts and penals would have to be removed from the faction for it to be spammed in any way again.

Given that context, I don't believe it is fair for it to still have its increased reinforcement price and given how it still lacks, this might be the change it needs without changing its performance.

Since the patch is focusing on stock armies, we could easily fit this small change in as at this point, increased reinforcement cost for maxim is nothing more but unfair, unjust and most of all - completely unneeded.

Current cost is 20.
All other team weapons reinforce for 15.
10 Jan 2021, 09:20 AM

The Maxim needs a wider arc. It’s a defensive MG with an offensive MG arc.
10 Jan 2021, 13:13 PM

Maybe when Soviet have Mobilize Reserves,reduce reinforcement cost for weapon team should be passive like Ost T4 passive,at least it already for Penal in test mod
10 Jan 2021, 13:19 PM

Maxim dominates because of it's huge squad sizes it needs the reinforcement cost. If you are losing 6 men without retreating before a 4 man squad then that is your own fault. This is a l2p issue nothing more.
10 Jan 2021, 13:37 PM

Maxim dominates because of it's huge squad sizes it needs the reinforcement cost. If you are losing 6 men without retreating before a 4 man squad then that is your own fault. This is a l2p issue nothing more.

Maxim dominates nothing and last time it did was well over 2 years ago.

4 digit rank players like you are dominated by anything and everything, so its irrelevant what makes you feel dominated.
10 Jan 2021, 13:40 PM

Maybe when Soviet have Mobilize Reserves,reduce reinforcement cost for weapon team should be passive like Ost T4 passive,at least it already for Penal in test mod

Its exclusively maxim issue, other team weapons have correct crew reinforce costs.
10 Jan 2021, 16:45 PM

You are either a troll or delusional. The maxim doesn't dominate anything

Maxim dominates "changes that have to be made" list for the balance team. Just give it a decent supression and take away 6 men if needed. Or at the very least fix the reinforce cost and the shitty arc of fire.
10 Jan 2021, 17:03 PM

Maxim dominates "changes that have to be made" list for the balance team. Just give it a decent suppression and take away 6 men if needed. Or at the very least fix the reinforce cost and the shitty arc of fire.

cant really take away the 6 man crew due to the unfixable deathloop unfortunately. not without dramatic changes that help offset that. one could maybe try 5 men and giving it a better rec acc, kinda the inverse of what they are trying with AT guns, but that might make things worse in the other direction
10 Jan 2021, 17:06 PM

Maxim dominates "changes that have to be made" list for the balance team.

Lol well played
10 Jan 2021, 23:07 PM

cant really take away the 6 man crew due to the unfixable deathloop unfortunately. not without dramatic changes that help offset that. one could maybe try 5 men and giving it a better rec acc, kinda the inverse of what they are trying with AT guns, but that might make things worse in the other direction

6 man crews are a feature of the Soviet faction.
10 Jan 2021, 23:15 PM

I'd either slightly buff the setup time and leave arc and suppression alone or buff arc. Currently needing to spend muni to do something is a bit funny. But in the end, I highly doubt any real change will come for fear of a lot of triggered kids.
11 Jan 2021, 02:03 AM

6 man crews are a feature of the Soviet faction.

Whats the crew number on the 120mm?
11 Jan 2021, 03:45 AM

Whats the crew number on the 120mm?

I assume 6, I don't see any reason it would be different from the rest of the faction design. I haven't used it in a long time because it's not that great for the price you pay.
11 Jan 2021, 04:17 AM

I assume 6, I don't see any reason it would be different from the rest of the faction design. I haven't used it in a long time because it's not that great for the price you pay.

120mm mortar crews are 5 now to prevent 1 man mortar squad.
11 Jan 2021, 10:24 AM

Agreed. Just because rank 6 guy spams them in 4v4 does not justify its poors performance.
11 Jan 2021, 12:11 PM

I know the 50cal is statwise better, but it too deathloops and it only has 4 men. Should the 50 recieve extra models? 50cal models have the same RA as maxim(machine gun) models.

As for the reinforce cost reduction, I think a reduction could be in order though I am not certain reducing it all the way down to 15 is good. A middle ground of 17-18 is a start.
11 Jan 2021, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2021, 12:11 PMSerrith

I know the 50cal is statwise better, but it too deathloops and it only has 4 men. Should the 50 recieve extra models? 50cal models have the same RA as maxim(machine gun) models.

The 50 cal at least has forward healing to keep it topped up to prevent death loop.

Also not being able to walk straight up the pipe when a 50 cal is shooting at you and nadeing it does wonders as well. I don't recall the deathloop being as problematic when the maxim was OP.

I know I've suggested this in the past, but returning its old mobility stats and implementing a "deploy stance" to gate suppression behind might help.

It would work similarly to sustained fire but instead of constant munitions it would only require time to set up (this prevents the exploitive nature of rapid set up suppressing Maxims)
The old mobility helped a lot with getting out of dodge, plus having a damage dealer in T2 would be lovely.

Also plays into the design of all t2 units having multiple roles
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS