Login

russian armor

General Balancing Ideas

3 Dec 2020, 18:52 PM

All Armies

Here are some quality of life and balancing ideas for all the armies

Infantry Attacks
Stop infantry from auto attacking tanks with small arms.
Stop infantry from auto attacking infantry with AT weapons (Panzerschrecks, Bazookas, Piats)

Only One Weapon Upgrade
The user interface does not support showing more than one upgrade. This makes it difficult to see the capability of the units. Weapons like BARs and Bazookas should adjusted in price/performance.

All Snipers
Snipers should be limited to 1. Dual sniper will always be cheesy and a balance problem against 4-man units. Also change the automatic kill so it only applies to shots from cover. This will limit the kiting run and gun play.

Recon Flares
Make flares extend the sight of units in the area instead of flares being an uncounterable recon option.

4-Man Assault Squads
4-man assault units should gain Zeal to compensate for loss of DPS
Assault Engineer, Airlanding Officer, Partisans, PZ Grens, Stormtroopers, Fallschirmjäger

Americans

Flamethrowers
Rear Echelon Troops should always able to upgrade with flamethrower (loose increases to squad's size)

Lieutenant
Order a single unit to Sprint/Fire Up

M10 (Medium Tank Destroyer)
Always buildable for USF

British

M10 (Medium Tank Destroyer)
Always buildable for the British

Tommies
Make them a 5man squad - The current boost option has proven impossible to balance.

Standard Mortar
Always buildable for the British

Emplacements
Should only be available in doctrines (they are weak without doctrinal support and too good with the right commander)

Soviets

Penal Battalion
Make them strong but unable to reinforce - requires merge from conscript.

SU-76M
Change Damage to 160. Nerf range to 50

Ober Commando West

Wolksgrenadiers
Upgrades with MP40 instead of StG44

IR Halftrack
Make the halftrack able to spot snipers on long range.

Wehrmacht

Stormtroopers
Make them upgradeable with infrared StG44

Puma
Always buildable for Wehr - Nerf range to 40

Rearrange Anti Infantry Panzers
Place Stug E in T3 (non doctrinal)
Place Brummbär in T4 (doctrinal)
Place Ostwind in T4
3 Dec 2020, 18:56 PM

Hard no on snipers, zeal for assault units, RE flamers, LT getting "on me", stock M10 for UKF and USF, Penals not reinforcing, Volks becoming CQC only with upgrade, IR HT spotting snipers, Stormtroopers getting cover denying all ranges IRSTG44s, Puma stock for Ost and the tech changes for Ost.

I do like 5man Tommies standard, mortar stock for UKF, su76 to 50 range and then balanced from there, and the recon flares change.
3 Dec 2020, 19:12 PM

I do like 5man Tommies standard, mortar stock for UKF, su76 to 50 range and then balanced from there, and the recon flares change.

It was not intended for general balancing. Its OK to like some or part of the ideas. :)
3 Dec 2020, 19:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I applaud the effort but i don't see anything of this happening.
Pip
3 Dec 2020, 19:29 PM

I presume when you say "MP44" you mean "MP40"? "MP44" is just another name for the STG. What exactly would this solve?
3 Dec 2020, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 19:29 PMPip
I presume when you say "MP44" you mean "MP40"? "MP44" is just another name for the STG. What exactly would this solve?
Yes MP40. I corrected the error. THX. :)
3 Dec 2020, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 19:29 PMPip

Vs's MP44 is weapon that does not use a standard weapon profile, it close to SVT. It allow the unit to fight decently.

The MP44 uses smg profile and thus is only good at close range. The change would create 2 uses for VG. Either upgrade good at long range or upgrade good at sort ranges.

That would allow more interaction with the other mainline infantry since correct positioning would become vital.

(edited)
3 Dec 2020, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 19:41 PMVipper
Vs's MP44 is weapon that does not use a standard weapon profile, it close to G43. It allow the unit to fight decently.

The MP44 uses smg profile and thus is only good at close range. The change would create 2 uses for VG. Either upgrade good at long range or upgrade good at sort ranges.

The StG 44 uses the Automatic Rifle profile, alongside the FG 42 and BAR. In general this means they are as effective as an SMG at close range or a bolt-action rifle at long range, while being most effective at mid-range vs SMG or LMG or Semi-Auto. The VG StG does use this profile, it just has a much lower damage ceiling.
3 Dec 2020, 22:57 PM

The StG 44 uses the Automatic Rifle profile, alongside the FG 42 and BAR. In general this means they are as effective as an SMG at close range or a bolt-action rifle at long range, while being most effective at mid-range vs SMG or LMG or Semi-Auto. The VG StG does use this profile, it just has a much lower damage ceiling.

That is incorrect.
The ST44 VGs uses a profile vastly different from the one PG and SP uses, it rather flat. It allot close to SVT.

The FG-42 again uses a unique profile that makes the weapon good at all range.
3 Dec 2020, 23:12 PM

The STG44s on Storms is the only change that really peaks my interest.

Instead of adding On Me to LTs, I'd probably just rework both officers as a single type of unit. The differences are not big enough to justify entirely different units imo and their more unique traits could be put together in a single unit.
4 Dec 2020, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 22:57 PMVipper

That is incorrect.
The ST44 VGs uses a profile vastly different from the one PG and SP uses, it rather flat. It allot close to SVT.

The FG-42 again uses a unique profile that makes the weapon good at all range.

Lower DPS doesn't mean it's not the same type of profile. It follows a similar pattern to the others, starting flat, then a lumpy downward slant (not curve). The SVT's curve is consistent with the M1 Garand and G43.
4 Dec 2020, 08:11 AM

Lower DPS doesn't mean it's not the same type of profile. It follows a similar pattern to the others, starting flat, then a lumpy downward slant (not curve). The SVT's curve is consistent with the M1 Garand and G43.

The drop off of ST/PG ST44 is allot steeper than VG ST44. For instance ST have more than double DPS at range 0 and about equal at range 20, those are different profiles.

The ST and PG have almost parallel curves these weapon use the same profile.
4 Dec 2020, 08:24 AM

The camera position in-game should be updated. Every player should have a camera position from south to north. I think playing as north hard to others.
4 Dec 2020, 09:40 AM

The camera position in-game should be updated. Every player should have a camera position from south to north. I think playing as north hard to others.

You know you can rotate the camera right? Hold ALT and move the mouse.
4 Dec 2020, 10:16 AM

"Penal Battalion
Make them strong but unable to reinforce - requires merge from conscript."

wtf :O
4 Dec 2020, 11:06 AM

You know you can rotate the camera right? Hold ALT and move the mouse.

Yes i know, this could be automatic for all players, doesnt it?
4 Dec 2020, 13:16 PM

Excellent ide, but it needs coding. Something for the CoH3 wish list. 😊
4 Dec 2020, 15:39 PM

Excellent ide, but it needs coding. Something for the CoH3 wish list. 😊

Yeah, i hope that coh3 much more optimized and relaxing game play than coh2
4 Dec 2020, 16:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes i know, this could be automatic for all players, doesnt it?

A toggle option in the menu and add a compass indicator on the minimap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★