Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] SOV Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (66)down
14 Dec 2020, 22:25 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't know if this has already been covered or not. But with the changes to sand bag build time for other factions, shouldn't conscripts also take longer to build their sandbags as well?
15 Dec 2020, 00:07 AM

I don't know if this has already been covered or not. But with the changes to sand bag build time for other factions, shouldn't conscripts also take longer to build their sandbags as well?

I don't think so given the role of the unit and lack of really anything else they provide. They don't (outside svts) really get dominating firepower so them being dug in enough to be a pain is in line with how they are to be used.
Cons and sandbags are a bit like a Panther and it's front armour. They are pivotal to the durability of the unit. Much like how every shot from say a kv-1 would pen the Panther if it's front armour was facing another direction, cons without their cover (or vet) take a lot of damage with their large target size. Longe con sand bags means more than the better allied infantry being slowed. Even tommies who are designed around cover (even if that design has been dismantled) don't rely on out lasting to trade well.
MMX
15 Dec 2020, 02:50 AM

i'd think this would make sense in the early game. but since cons get much of their value through utility, as others elaborated already, any nerf in that department should probably get at least in part reverted once vetted up.
maybe vanilla cons could start with sth like 75% of their current build speed and gain an additional 25% at vet 2?
15 Dec 2020, 08:53 AM

I think that has irked me for a while as somebody who probably has OCD is that the in-game UI says the Guards Riflemen are 8 pop cap but when you call them in they are 9, could that be fixed. Either the UI or reduce the popcap by 1.
15 Dec 2020, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Adding to it, isn't it because they essentially are building 2 segments of sandbag which takes longer than the single segment all other factions use ?
Pip
15 Dec 2020, 18:23 PM

Adding to it, isn't it because they essentially are building 2 segments of sandbag which takes longer than the single segment all other factions use ?

As far as I can tell, Conscripts build their Sandbag Wall in pretty much the same amount of time as, say, Volks build one section of their sandbag wall.

It isnt slowed (Not noticeably, at least) by the fact it's twice the size of a "regular" sandbag section. Its a bit of a shame than UKF and OKW both use OST sandbags, incidentally. Even if it'd just be a theming change, it would be nice if they had their own "unique" sandbags.
16 Dec 2020, 22:00 PM

Mobilize Reserves

We are decoupling this upgrade from tech. Our focus with this upgrade will be to make this a worthwhile choice for the player when deciding whether they want to rush for tanks or focus on a stronger infantry game.

Mechanized Armor Kampenya no longer grants Mobilized Reserves for free.
Mobilized Reserves now grants +20% veterancy gain to Conscripts and Penal Battalion.

If Mobilize Reserves not free unlock,maybe could move Consript 7men reduce reinforcement cost be Mobilize Reserves passive too
16 Dec 2020, 22:24 PM

Having mobilize reserves in T3 feels a bit weird move the upgrade icon to HQ pls.

The patch-notes are bit confusing also since there conflicitng:
"Conscripts

Previously Conscripts received a +10% accuracy bonus at veterancy 3 due to their low stats and lack of upgrades. With the introduction of items such as Mobilize Reserves and SVTs, Conscripts no logner need such high bonuses to scale into the late game.

Veterancy 3 +10% accuracy bonus removed
Mobilized Reserves upgrade no longer grants +20% veterancy gain."

"Mobilize Reserves

We are decoupling this upgrade from tech. Our focus with this upgrade will be to make this a worthwhile choice for the player when deciding whether they want to rush for tanks or focus on a stronger infantry game.

Mobilized Reserves now grants +20% veterancy gain to Conscripts and Penal Battalion."

16 Dec 2020, 23:39 PM

Another round of nerfs to SOV? I don't even know what to say.
17 Dec 2020, 01:11 AM

I dont know how to feel about the mobilized reserve changes. I dont think anyone had a issue with people rushing tanks at all in fact people had a issue with the t34 timing thats its abit late. Now with the upgrade no longer included will push it back even more (and not only that every tank from commanders) and if you don't research you will be very much on the backfoot.

It will increase incentive to play tier 3 but I feel like its being forced. Having a upgrade that late in the game and then putting it behind a paywall regardless of tech is risky. I understand pushing the power of the upgrade back (I still dont think it does enough for penals) but rushing tanks was never a problem quite the opposite actually.

Also, who had a problem with mobilize reserves becoming available once tier 4 was built? I thought the 10% accuracy on cons at vet 3 was going to get removed but isnt that alone enough? Time will tell.

Just a suggestion with penals, what about unlocking AT satchels after mobilize reserves is unlocked but a lesser version than AT penals? They can have one that deals significantly less damage (160-120dmg?) than AT penals satchel and the at penal satchels can just be re-named improved AT satchels for simplicity. Could require AT grenade unlock to acquire them.
17 Dec 2020, 04:27 AM

How does was a triple nerf to cons make something a worthwhile choice? This patch is looking shittier by the minute.

You're not adding anything, and for those of us that use cons as a utility unit, this just makes them another 100/20 more expensive.
17 Dec 2020, 04:38 AM

Regarding sandbags, I'd rather they just all gave yellow cover instead of green. Leave build times the same.
It'd do much more for balance than fiddling with build times.

I heard AE make a comment recently about map native cover being more interesting then sandbag spam
17 Dec 2020, 05:55 AM

I read the 3.0 patch notes here. And they still shove the stupid ramming ability instead of doing a serious rework of the T-34-76 and T-34-85. You know, fuck it. If this is will a living change, I will not play it.
17 Dec 2020, 07:12 AM

V3 Soviets

Conscripts
Previously Conscripts received a +10% accuracy bonus at veterancy 3 due to their low stats and lack of upgrades. With the introduction of items such as Mobilize Reserves and SVTs, Conscripts no logner need such high bonuses to scale into the late game.
- Veterancy 3 +10% accuracy bonus removed
- Mobilized reserves munition upgrade to the squad Reserves no longer grants +20% veterancy gain.

Mobilize Reserves - Global Upgrade
- Mechanized Armor Kampenya no longer grants Mobilized Reserves for free.
- Mobilized Reserves now grants +20% veterancy gain to Conscripts and Penal Battalion.

T-34 Ram Ability
Due to being an iconic ability of the game, community feedback, and the role the ability plays, Ram will no longer require veterancy 1. Instead, a health requirement will stop fresh T-34/76s from being used to ram tanks and used more as a desperate act.
- Veterancy 1 requirements removed
- Ram requires 50% or less health to trigger
17 Dec 2020, 07:21 AM

Conscripts

Conscripts still trade way to cost efficient especially when vetted.

Mobilize Reserves - Global Upgrade

Making Mobilize reserves cheaper to access from T3 while also buffing it not step in the right direction.

Do SVT/PPsh conscripts really need to vet faster?

T-34 Ram Ability

An interesting solution.
17 Dec 2020, 07:21 AM

Ram ability

Veterancy 1 requirements removed
Ram requires 50% or less health to trigger

It is a snare cost manpower and fuel and should have some reliability.
How can i control the hp?
Should i stand out and eat two shot from pack?
if they back up another pack after first shot than i will have only 160hp left.
Any minor hp lose will make the ram ability of engine damage invalid. 160hp is needed to make the engine damage. (I may have mistake on this) Then, it will become unreliable.

Conscript
WINTER BALANCE PATCH PREVIEW - VERSION 3.0

Veterancy 3 +10% accuracy bonus removed

The 7 men is now an optional, for player to decide whether they want to rush for tanks or focus on a stronger infantry game. However, the nerf for the conscript is general. The sentence "With the introduction of items such as Mobilize Reserves and SVTs, Conscripts no logner need such high bonuses to scale into the late game." implies that conscript will always have their upgrade at late game. How about those don't tech Mobilized Reserves. They just have a worse conscript.

NEW COMMANDER UPDATE - JUNE 14TH 2019
To improve the performance of Conscripts, while retaining their role as utility infantry that excel at defense and supporting other units, we have added an upgrade to help them scale into the late game. The extra man and reduced reinforce cost will allow them to more effectively trade against opposing infantry while the veterancy bonus will allow fresh Conscript squads to gain veterancy.

According to 2019 new commander update, the conscript didn't scale as other mainline infantry. Now they are worse as 6 man conscript. So, the 7 man is not an optional but required. If the 7 man is so strong that they need to add a resource wall and nerf on accuracy, they need to explain and form an better argument. They can also only nerf the 7 man and keep the 6 man quality at the same time. The current explanation is confusing.
17 Dec 2020, 07:52 AM

I like how the balance team is nerfing late game conscripts but not buffing earlygame conscripts...

Nerfing an underpowered faction is a sign of incompetence...
17 Dec 2020, 08:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2020, 07:21 AMVipper
Making Mobilize reserves cheaper to access from T3 while also buffing it not step in the right direction.

Do SVT/PPsh conscripts really need to vet faster?

This is actually a nerf. Soviet early-mid game did not get changed that much, so the T70 is still obligatory (even the nerfed version), meaning you still need to spend the same amount of resources as in the live version, but you do not get Mobilized reserves for free anymore after tech up. So you must delay either your first or second T4 vehicle.
17 Dec 2020, 08:14 AM

This is actually a nerf. Soviet early-mid game did not get changed that much, so the T70 is still obligatory (even the nerfed version), meaning you still need to spend the same amount of resources as in the live version, but you do not get Mobilized reserves for free anymore after tech up. So you must delay either your first or second T4 vehicle.

Not just that... the soviets still arent adequately compensated for the T-70 triple nerf... so now not only are you paying more than you do in live... but you also get less performance aswell...

The soviets are already struggling in live and this change will simply remove them from the game...

The balance team seriously needs to reevaluate their priorities... it seems like they dont even play this game...
17 Dec 2020, 08:16 AM

T70 isn't obligatory. Not even in the current patch.
PAGES (66)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS