Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
10 Dec 2020, 18:09 PM

When a buff to the StugG?
This unit is not being used anymore since the ROF nerf a few patches ago.

The TWP buff from this patch is not a buff... its a reverted nerf from some patches ago.
Pip
10 Dec 2020, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2020, 18:09 PMLeo251

The TWP buff from this patch is not a buff... its a reverted nerf from some patches ago.

It isnt? I admittedly haven't played much in a while, but I never found the STUG to be bad. Even with the nerf it still does very nice DPS vs enemy mediums, particularly for it's low price. (Plus it gets an MG, which is not hugely significant, but a nice bonus if you can afford it).

The buff to HEAT is also welcome.

It's certainly not competitive with allied TDs vs heavier armour, and assuming they can leverage their range they squash it flat in direct fights, but that's ostensibly what OST have the panther for.
10 Dec 2020, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2020, 18:09 PMLeo251

The ability is getting improved, so no matter how its put its still a buff.

The stug rof deserved to be lowered. The panther is also buffed, so there is no need for it.

11 Dec 2020, 03:29 AM

1) Medkit from 15muni => 10muni

This is actually good and I like that, I can heal my Pak / MG / Mortar team more frequently thanks to the lower cost now.

if possible, I have an ideal about Grenadier vet system:

Vet 1: Unlock medkit + -10% damage reduced.
Vet 2: +40% accuracy (Just like before)
Vet 3: Further -10% more damage reduced (Used to be -20% but now we move 10% for the Vet 1 first).

=> This way Grenadier can be a bit more durable on the field in early game maybe?

2) Brumbar bunker buster cooldown from 120s => 90s.

TBH at v1 patch I was kinda sad because this ability cost 30muni now, but v2 have lower the cooldown rate so this is actually a good balance. This ability is the best to deal against Allies Weapon Crews!

as an Ostheer main in 2vs2, I actually like this!
12 Dec 2020, 16:57 PM

Changes seems impactful now and will probably get rid of ostruppen meta, but with this due nerf,there will be room for other commanders to shine, and so it might be time to adress TIGER issue, and moreso TIGER ACE issue.

I'll drop this old thread where some good work were put to show the weakness of the current Tiger: https://www.coh2.org/topic/104853/tiger-nerf
12 Dec 2020, 21:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2020, 03:29 AMKyle

Damage modifiers are too strong that early. You could give them 1% at it would be as effective as 10%.

If you want to split performance, it should be either a smaller value at vet 2 at most or moving something like 10% accuracy at vet 1.
12 Dec 2020, 21:54 PM

Generally like most of the changes but I would recommend either putting Ostruppen in Tier 1 or moving P-Grens back to Tier 2 just so their timing isn't around 1 CP. With Tier 2 they come around 2 CP which is more in line with Shock Troops and Guardsmen.
12 Dec 2020, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2020, 21:54 PMClarity
Generally like most of the changes but I would recommend either putting Ostruppen in Tier 1 or moving P-Grens back to Tier 2 just so their timing isn't around 1 CP. With Tier 2 they come around 2 CP which is more in line with Shock Troops and Guardsmen.

Tech change already pushes them back and so does osttruppen nerf.
13 Dec 2020, 14:17 PM

With ostruppen meta being toned down 5 men gren meta comes back, it was already visible in the streamer 1v1.
Imo it would be interesting to try the ukf raid package on grens in place of the 5th man upgrade. It would give them a capture bonus and a firerate bonus in cover, emphasising grens intended defensive use.
In general the idea is to replace vsl gren upgrade with something that leaves room for other doctrines in smaller gamemodes.
13 Dec 2020, 14:27 PM

Damage modifiers are too strong that early. You could give them 1% at it would be as effective as 10%.

If you want to split performance, it should be either a smaller value at vet 2 at most or moving something like 10% accuracy at vet 1.

Maybe something like this?

Suggest Grenadier Vet System

Vet 1: Unlock medkit + 10% accuracy
Vet 2: + 30% accuracy / -10% damage
Vet 3: -10% damage

13 Dec 2020, 14:44 PM

With ostruppen meta being toned down 5 men gren meta comes back, it was already visible in the streamer 1v1.
Imo it would be interesting to try the ukf raid package on grens in place of the 5th man upgrade. It would give them a capture bonus and a firerate bonus in cover, emphasising grens intended defensive use.
In general the idea is to replace vsl gren upgrade with something that leaves room for other doctrines in smaller gamemodes.

I liked the idea of giving them a Volks STG44 instead of G43, restoring the RA bonus, but removing the cooldown bonus. This would make the upgrade feel more distinct compared to regular G43s, and it would focus on 5 men Grens being more durable and defensive rather than all-rounders as it would be quite a noticeable decrease in firepower. But I don't think it will make it in this patch.
13 Dec 2020, 14:46 PM

I liked the idea of giving them a Volks STG44 instead of G43, restoring the RA bonus, but removing the cooldown bonus. This would make the upgrade feel more distinct compared to regular G43s, and it would focus on 5 men Grens being more durable as it would be quite a noticeable decrease in firepower. But I don't think it will make it in this patch.
And they would probably lose to 7men conscripts even harder.
13 Dec 2020, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 14:46 PMVipper
And they would probably lose to 7men conscripts even harder.

What makes you believe they shouldn't?
13 Dec 2020, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 16:20 PMKatitof

What makes you believe they shouldn't?

What makes you believe they should?
13 Dec 2020, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 16:22 PMVipper

What makes you believe they should?

Timing and/or resource investment difference + fact that one of these faction gets access to most powerful support units in game while other got the opposite.

Now, why you think early game upgrade should be on pair as one that requires higher tech and potential side costs?

Things that arrive later tend to be stronger in this game.

This is why cons lose to LMG obers.
Unless you think it should be different too.
13 Dec 2020, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 16:31 PMKatitof

Timing and/or resource investment difference + fact that one of these faction gets access to most powerful support units in game while other got the opposite.

Now, why you think early game upgrade should be on pair as one that requires higher tech and potential side costs?

Things that arrive later tend to be stronger in this game.

What is the cost for each unit?

What is timing the timing of each unit?

How about VSL taking up a commander slot while 7men conscripts being stock.
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 16:31 PMKatitof

This is why cons lose to LMG obers.
Unless you think it should be different too.

Can we avoid analogies that are irrelevant?
13 Dec 2020, 21:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 14:27 PMKyle

Maybe something like this?

Suggest Grenadier Vet System

Vet 1: Unlock medkit + 10% accuracy
Vet 2: + 30% accuracy / -10% damage
Vet 3: -10% damage

One or the other, not both. Either vet 1 with +10% acc or moving part of the dmg modifier to vet 2 and part of the accuracy to vet 3.

Also bonuses are not additive but multiplicative, therefore the values would end up been slightly different.

Ex: if you want to keep the total 40% acc, then a split could be 30% and 7.7%.
14 Dec 2020, 14:22 PM

regarding the -23 recieved accuracy removal on the Veteran Squad Leader, it feels a touch too much, in the sense that VSL is what the whole ''german infantry doctrine'' is all about, VSL is highly debatable, but i think now the doctrine itself is in danger, as the rest of it's abilites is nothing special.
would there be a compensation for the VSL nerf, in the doctrine? since it sacrifices late-game performance for early gain.
while allied factions can blanket the map in decent infantry non-doc, the VSL being the equal of all the mainline infantry, gets nerfed?

EDIT: should have mentioned that my view is regarding 4v4's not 1v1 etc
14 Dec 2020, 14:26 PM

regarding the -23 recieved accuracy removal on the Veteran Squad Leader, it feels a touch too much, in the sense that VSL is what the whole ''german infantry doctrine'' is all about, VSL is highly debatable, but i think now the doctrine itself is in danger, as the rest of it's abilites is nothing special.
would there be a compensation for the VSL nerf, in the doctrine? since it sacrifices late-game performance for early gain.
while allied factions can blanket the map in decent infantry non-doc, the VSL being the equal of all the mainline infantry, gets nerfed?

Move it CP 0-1?
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight