Login

russian armor

Conscript PPSH assault package

PAGES (13)down
8 Nov 2020, 07:47 AM

I've said in previous threads that PPSH cons-as well as most other SMG infantry-have trouble scaling. The problem with cons is that while they struggle with 0 vet, they are monsters at vet 3.

So I've reconsidered my suggestion regarding giving a vet bonus to the PPSHs. Here is why. If cons are at their strongest at vet 3, and vet 3 status is what gives the risk of the unit becoming too strong, then giving them a vet bonus to an upgrade available as early as 4 mins in(if the engagements are really bloody) will be problematic.

So here is an alternative minor buff proposal. Royal engineers recieve a cooldown bonus in cover that only benefits their stens and no other weapons they equip or pick up. Conscripts could recieve something similar only applying to their mosins. On the one hand it WOULD be a flat upgrade while in cover and especially in the late game when yellow cover is everywhere, and would synergize better with hit the dirt. On the other hand, it won't make them monsters at close range and that extra dps will drop off as initial models fall.
Exact stat increase could be something similar to the old 7man bonus:
When in cover, conscript rifles recieve -20% cooldown and -20% reload time

Alternatively a reduction in reinforce cost could be applied-not much, 5-10%. It'll help with the early game bleed.

But I do not think smoke should be given to a squad with sprint and flame nades.

As a sidenote, nerfing conscript veterency but buffing stock stats could be something else but that deserves a thread of its own.
8 Nov 2020, 09:48 AM

I see a lot of people saying that sprint might be a problem. Why not just disable sprint like with the fusiliers or replace it with a smoke grenade so they become more similar to mp40 volks? After the PPSH upgrade ofcourse.
8 Nov 2020, 10:14 AM

I see a lot of people saying that sprint might be a problem. Why not just disable sprint like with the fusiliers or replace it with a smoke grenade so they become more similar to mp40 volks? After the PPSH upgrade ofcourse.

Well... for example, that would remove sprint+AT grenade as an option which is an important part of conscript utility.
8 Nov 2020, 10:21 AM

Well... for example, that would remove sprint+AT grenade as an option which is an important part of conscript utility.

If the upgrade is given the proper stats/costs i don't think this would be a problem. It would even force a certain degree of infantry diversification on the player to keep all abilities. I don't think that's a bad thing.
8 Nov 2020, 10:28 AM

Is sprinting a problem on conscripts with 3 smgs but not on assgrens who have 50% more dps on top of grenades when upgraded? Also Volks upgrade gives them utility instead of removing it. Quite an interesting logic of buffing something by nerfing it
8 Nov 2020, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 10:28 AMKirrik

Is sprinting a problem on conscripts with 3 smgs but not on assgrens who have 50% more dps on top of grenades when upgraded? Also Volks upgrade gives them utility instead of removing it. Quite an interesting logic of buffing something by nerfing it

Well in my idea it would be

+quicker vet
+cheaper price for 45muni
+6 tweaked PPSH for better synergy and conistency then 3 mosin (around Volk level)
+smoke grenade

- Sprint

(one could also argue for leaveing the sprint there and not giving them smokes)

It think this would be a buff overall.
8 Nov 2020, 12:04 PM

While I don't think it's UP or OP, the PPSH upgrade is weird. One one hand you get 3 PPSHs which improve close range, but loses a lot of long range. Basically you get a squad that's a lot weaker long range and slightly better close. It needs a rework, something in the lines of the Flying Pancake
8 Nov 2020, 12:06 PM

+quicker vet
+6 tweaked PPSH for better synergy and conistency then 3 mosin (around Volk level)
+smoke grenade

- Sprint

Triple buffs are never a good idea.
8 Nov 2020, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 12:06 PMStark

Triple buffs are never a good idea.

With propper testing and tweaking i see no reason why this wont work.

Besides the 6 tweaked PPSH package is not strictly speaking a buff but more of a rework.

How would you buff the PPSH package?
8 Nov 2020, 17:52 PM

I see a lot of people saying that sprint might be a problem.

Haven't seen a single person who said sprint was a problem. I only see it being brought up to explain why ppsh cons aren't terrible, and because OP was comparing them to mp40 upgrade
8 Nov 2020, 18:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

+quicker vet
+smoke grenade

- Sprint

Is it me, or these changes will lead to this:
Pip
8 Nov 2020, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 10:28 AMKirrik

The thing with Assgrens is they don't have Sandbags, Mines, An AT grenade, or Merge. They're ineffective troops lategame, other than for capping. Cons on the other hand, are very useful lategame, even with worse weapons.

It's really not a great comparison, that's why people are comparing them to Volks instead.
9 Nov 2020, 13:48 PM

At least it should be cheaper,around 45 ammo?Maybe give more buff,like replace Molotov by grenade,or Ura!! be free?
9 Nov 2020, 14:09 PM

Is it me, or these changes will lead to this:

Yes, yes it would. Only they still have AT nades, Oorah & cheaper reinf costs/slightly easier deaths.
9 Nov 2020, 15:07 PM

At least it should be cheaper,around 45 ammo?Maybe give more buff,like replace Molotov by grenade,or Ura!! be free?

I don't like the idea of removing access to something you have to specifically tech exclusively for personally.

Make it cheaper and have a small buff tied to oorah. Keeps it accessible but also a bit "more"
9 Nov 2020, 15:26 PM

What if we give some kind of ability to PPsh cons like "volley fire" or "spray and pray" that cons can drain health from targeted squad (not dropping models) close to mid range (amount of health drain can be adjust between this ranges) Like BARS With molotov it can be deadly or just debuff targeted squads fighting capability at that range.

"Now we have PPSH's even Yuri can hit something"
-Conscript quote
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment