PAGES (10)down
Should Conscript have 7th men?
Option Distribution Votes
55%
45%
Total votes: 92
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Oct 2020, 02:08 AM

Do you think Conscript 7th men is too much?

I agree conscript should receive some buff late game, 50 munition for DPS bonus when in cove, fast reinforcing and reinforce cost decrease should be pretty decent for late game.

7th men, do you think it is too much?

sovietssoviets
7 Oct 2020, 04:29 AM

I would rather see them get PPSh's as a stock weapon upgrade, but the team is set in their mind that Conscripts are primarily support units, so the squad size upgrade is fine for that purpose.
7 Oct 2020, 04:36 AM

I like 7 man a lot. It gives cons scaling they have sorely lacked for years and reinforces their roles while keeping them unique. BUT I wouldn't mind it coming at t3 and tuned down a bit (maybe just the extra model?) in favor of the T70 being toned down as well. Then provide a buff at t4 if necessary. But in the end your mainline infantry should be your power spike not an "optional" vehicle. Imo of course.
7 Oct 2020, 08:04 AM

Its in the spirit of the faction, in the spirit of units theme and it makes sniper less effective, which wasn't effective unit against them in the first place anyway.
7 Oct 2020, 08:41 AM

Hello OP, your suggestions make them redundant in 2v2 and above modes. They do not reduce the round trip (retreat to base with 1/2 models left - reinforce - back to frontline) taken by them. Your suggestions only the make the round trip cheaper and faster. They need to be able to hold the frontline right? That's why the 7th Model. Not every soviet player wants to use those useless penals and spend fuel on T1 build and then later on spend resources for mgs and at guns. I think they are OK and at a good spot. Cons can finally go up against Vet 3 Grens and Vet 5 volks.
7 Oct 2020, 09:00 AM

Conscript 7men too much, Ost 90% win rate not enough.

Kappa
7 Oct 2020, 15:32 PM

Kappa

Where are you getting that win rate from?
7 Oct 2020, 20:33 PM

Do you think Conscript 7th men is too much?

I agree conscript should receive some buff late game, 50 munition for DPS bonus when in cove, fast reinforcing and reinforce cost decrease should be pretty decent for late game.

7th men, do you think it is too much?

sovietssoviets

I think they're fine, but I'll admit I don't see Vet 3 7-man Cons that much.

If they still get that veteran squad leader buff where the squad becomes tougher (something like that) or they get a cover bonus, then I could understand removing that. But I like the 7-man upgrade and I don't think the 7th model by itself is too much.
7 Oct 2020, 23:02 PM

Why should they get 7 men? why don't grenadiers get something ? they are only a 4 man squad and a crazy lacking late game... and mid game.... and even early game for that matter...
7 Oct 2020, 23:25 PM

Why should they get 7 men? why don't grenadiers get something ? they are only a 4 man squad and a crazy lacking late game... and mid game.... and even early game for that matter...

They get an LMG 42, the best LMG not on an elite unit, as a standard upgrade. The only better ones are Obersoldaten MG 34, Commando Bren, and Paratrooper M1919, in that order. At Vet 3 they also gain damage resistance which makes up for the smaller squad size. In the wider scale, they have premium machine guns, anti-tank guns, medium tanks, tank hunters, assault guns, and rocket artillery to support them.

Conscripts are support units, have no weapon upgrades, and are surrounded by a number of sub-par units along side a few gold nuggets that keep the faction afloat (T-70 and SU-85). They bleed heavily and struggle in the mid-game and used to struggle in the late-game until the 7th man upgrade was added.
8 Oct 2020, 00:09 AM

Grens don't get a 7th man because they only have 4 models so giving them a 7th man would almost be doubling their squad size which would be OP. It's much easier to grant a 7th man on a squad that already has 6 models because then it's just +1 not +3 like it would be for grens. Hope that helps kingsown.
8 Oct 2020, 05:24 AM

Grens don't get a 7th man because they only have 4 models so giving them a 7th man would almost be doubling their squad size which would be OP. It's much easier to grant a 7th man on a squad that already has 6 models because then it's just +1 not +3 like it would be for grens. Hope that helps kingsown.

You know, I'm not normally someone to put a quote in my signature, but this... this comes close to making it.
8 Oct 2020, 21:44 PM

You know, I'm not normally someone to put a quote in my signature, but this... this comes close to making it.

Id be honored if you did
8 Oct 2020, 21:57 PM

Kappa

it's not cause 5men grens are OP, that cons aren't...
8 Oct 2020, 22:00 PM

IMO just give Cons single DP upgrade
8 Oct 2020, 22:34 PM

That would be worse than 7 man Cons IMO, and I think Soviets need 7 man Cons for them stay relevant in the late game, especially if they lose previously vetted Cons.
9 Oct 2020, 00:01 AM

Yea! That's WAAAY more exciting and equally thematic! A single of the worst mg in the game, that Literally only comes in pachages of 2 and 3 because individually it a joke would make a great use of cons only weapon slot....
9 Oct 2020, 00:15 AM

why are we trying to nerf the worst baseline infantry (tied with grens) in the game?
9 Oct 2020, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2020, 00:15 AMgbem
why are we trying to nerf the worst baseline infantry (tied with grens) in the game?

That's what bad players who refuse to admit THEY are their own only balance problem do.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS