Login

russian armor

Conscript 7th men too much?

PAGES (10)down
9 Oct 2020, 12:14 PM
9 Oct 2020, 15:32 PM

Yea! That's WAAAY more exciting and equally thematic! A single of the worst mg in the game, that Literally only comes in pachages of 2 and 3 because individually it a joke would make a great use of cons only weapon slot....

Maybe 1 DP but allow it to fire on the move?
9 Oct 2020, 15:38 PM

No, that's just silly and it doesn't buff DPS enough. At least 7-man increases durability. It meshes well with having the best sandbags in the game.
9 Oct 2020, 16:30 PM

Probably half a DP. Would be very fair against 4 FG42 Falls squad with Valiant Assault.
9 Oct 2020, 16:41 PM

Conscript were a top elite-infantry of the USSR, well trained and armed, able to beat fallschirm, everybody know that.
Even the price of this unit show that it should have incredible capacities.
9 Oct 2020, 21:03 PM

Think they are in a great position having the 7th man, but their ability to merge with shocks is perhaps a touch too much, effectively halfing the cost of reinforcing shocks. and re-crewing/merging MG's,ATG's and mortars to full health is also a debatable bonus.
Not to mention the pain for OST snipers.....
But apart from that they are good for their intended role
9 Oct 2020, 21:44 PM

Merging Cons into Shocks isn't very effective unless it's on the front line and it can turn an engagement around. Merged Con models won't get Shocktrooper armor which is the main strength of Shocks.
9 Oct 2020, 23:31 PM

Yea! That's WAAAY more exciting and equally thematic! A single of the worst mg in the game, that Literally only comes in pachages of 2 and 3 because individually it a joke would make a great use of cons only weapon slot....

Other idea,but not only about cons,remove 7men upgrade,after build light armor HQ allow Cons upgrade single DP,T4 have passive reducereinforcement cost same as Ost,Cons and Penal and weapon squad reinforcement cost -2,so maybe could make Penal more useful in later game,also Penal and Cons could support each other like Ost Grenadines with Schreck PG
10 Oct 2020, 00:58 AM

Other idea,but not only about cons,remove 7men upgrade,after build light armor HQ allow Cons upgrade single DP,T4 have passive reducereinforcement cost same as Ost,Cons and Penal and weapon squad reinforcement cost -2,so maybe could make Penal more useful in later game,also Penal and Cons could support each other like Ost Grenadines with Schreck PG

The dp is a shit idea for the following reasons:
1. Its a shit weapon.
2. It doesn't fit conscripts at all
3.A high durability squad with a weapon designed to make up for low supplemental dps is exactly why cons have 1 slot.

Whats more, your suggestion for the dp plus all the things 7 man already gives introduces the problems listed above while ALSO removing the viability of merge and the theme of conscripts. What exactly is the difference between a single nagant and the health bonus on a holding unit and a dps upgrade in the grand scheme of things? 7man is a much better in the faction as a mechanic and a balance feature. High durability and centralized dps in a recipe for disaster.

Look at the perks attached to 7 man if needed but the ability itself is sound for filling the roles conscripts are supposed to fill- dps is not that role.
10 Oct 2020, 02:30 AM

I main Soviet since 2013, started to play USF since 2017. And in early 2020, I changed to Axis, shift between Ost & Okw.

Recently I have a huge problems vs Allies infantry as Axis, especially Ost vs USF or UK.
- I feel like 4men Gren is completly dominated since early game vs 4men Tommy. To late game 4men 1LMG vs 5men 2Bren.
- Or 3 Ranger with 9 Zook and double Calliop behind (Last night had a match that 2 USF use 6 Ranger 18 Zook with 4 Calliop) I just feel hopeless.

Any tips? (Consider I play 4v4)
11 Oct 2020, 06:08 AM

I do not see the point in the 7th person. This upgrade comes so late so the Guard or Shock Troops will be your main infantry anyway so as not to lose. As a combat effectiveness, upgrade weapons such as PPSh or SVT are much more effective and finally starting to be a real combat unit (moreover, upgrade weapons come to 1-2 CP). So to throw an AT grenade, what their main role still remains, they can perfectly well without the 7th person.
11 Oct 2020, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2020, 15:38 PMSpoof

No, that's just silly and it doesn't buff DPS enough. At least 7-man increases durability. It meshes well with having the best sandbags in the game.

Probably half a DP. Would be very fair against 4 FG42 Falls squad with Valiant Assault.

I was only half serious about the dp upgrade but it is definitely an upgrade at all ranges past 1m over a conscript Mosin, and firing on the move its still better then the conscript Mosin at ranges past 10m. If it were a cheap 30 munition upgrade with fire on the move I could see it being cost effective, but I do think it would be a boring upgrade and we'd just have another LMG mainline infantry.
11 Oct 2020, 13:35 PM

I do not see the point in the 7th person. This upgrade comes so late so the Guard or Shock Troops will be your main infantry anyway so as not to lose. As a combat effectiveness, upgrade weapons such as PPSh or SVT are much more effective and finally starting to be a real combat unit (moreover, upgrade weapons come to 1-2 CP). So to throw an AT grenade, what their main role still remains, they can perfectly well without the 7th person.
. 7 man increases durability, decreases reinforcement and slightly increases firepower in cover. A very big draw imo is 7 men can fully recrew a team weapon without losing the squad, somehting that could be game changing late game. What's more, RNG is RNG and 7 men trying to throw a snare are better off than 6 when things like KTs and Brummbärs prowl.

It comes late that is true but the dev team were worried about increasing the existing t3 powerspike. To come sooner the T70 would need toned down, which I'm fine with but many people here are unable to fathom multiple changes at a time
11 Oct 2020, 14:08 PM

. 7 man increases durability, decreases reinforcement and slightly increases firepower in cover. A very big draw imo is 7 men can fully recrew a team weapon without losing the squad, somehting that could be game changing late game. What's more, RNG is RNG and 7 men trying to throw a snare are better off than 6 when things like KTs and Brummbärs prowl.

It comes late that is true but the dev team were worried about increasing the existing t3 powerspike. To come sooner the T70 would need toned down, which I'm fine with but many people here are unable to fathom multiple changes at a time

Yes, he has the ability to re-employ MG and so on. to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me. I prefer to re-employ the MG with a fresh squad, because the veteran unit is needed on the battlefield. But the conscripts are still boys for throwing grenades. All this late coming upgrade brings no qualitative improvement to the conscripts. It's just an upgrade because weapon upgrade is boring, nothing more.
11 Oct 2020, 18:08 PM

I think it's a bit much personally.
11 Oct 2020, 22:47 PM

Ofc its a bit to much.
But thats community balancing for ya.
11 Oct 2020, 22:51 PM

7man cons nowhere near OP. Imagine saying Cons OP in a meta of Ost 90% win rate with terminator 5man Grens and broken Osttruppen.
11 Oct 2020, 23:32 PM

7man cons nowhere near OP. Imagine saying Cons OP in a meta of Ost 90% win rate with terminator 5man Grens and broken Osttruppen.

No Faction has ever had a 90% win rate in 1v1 automatch.

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying ostruppen or 5 mans grens aren't broken either Ost doesn't have much other choice. Soviet
7 man upgrades just turn the late game into an absolute grind..
12 Oct 2020, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2020, 06:57 AMSerrith

I was only half serious about the dp upgrade but it is definitely an upgrade at all ranges past 1m over a conscript Mosin, and firing on the move its still better then the conscript Mosin at ranges past 10m. If it were a cheap 30 munition upgrade with fire on the move I could see it being cost effective, but I do think it would be a boring upgrade and we'd just have another LMG mainline infantry.

No, it's extremely silly seeing Conscripts firing an LMG on the move while Grens, Tommies, even Rifles can't. And you said it yourself - it brings nothing new to the game.
12 Oct 2020, 03:41 AM

I main Soviet since 2013, started to play USF since 2017. And in early 2020, I changed to Axis, shift between Ost & Okw.

Recently I have a huge problems vs Allies infantry as Axis, especially Ost vs USF or UK.
- I feel like 4men Gren is completly dominated since early game vs 4men Tommy. To late game 4men 1LMG vs 5men 2Bren.
- Or 3 Ranger with 9 Zook and double Calliop behind (Last night had a match that 2 USF use 6 Ranger 18 Zook with 4 Calliop) I just feel hopeless.

Any tips? (Consider I play 4v4)

in 4v4, you have no choice but to use veteran squad leader doctrine and upgrade to 5men gren :(
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS