Login

russian armor

Conscript 7th men too much?

PAGES (10)down
16 Oct 2020, 07:47 AM

What is the relevance of this? Both in general and especially to the example of lmg grens vs conscripts?

It a direct response to this claim:
"It comes the absolute latest and also locks out the possibilities of any other weapon, even dropped ones. I think all is fair in what 7 man brings considering its rather large offsets."

Ostruppen LMG comes later so it is not "absolute latest"
Ostruppen LMG lokcs out the possibilities of any other weapon even dropped one also
Yet it also does not bring a "large offsets"

Ostrupp lmg and 7 men con are unlocked at such similar times that whether one comes earlier will depend on build choice

Ostheer T4 is a higher Tier building.

My point is that timing and cost have some merit but limited. The upgrade should be well design and correctly timed.

I would suggest that people test how 7 men conscripts perform vs grenadier/vgs in cheat mod before claiming that this upgrade is in an ideal place.
16 Oct 2020, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 07:13 AMKatitof

Yes, cheaper things tend to be worse, Mr balance developer from Wish.

If you agree with me than stop quoting me to say something else Mr. Trundle.
16 Oct 2020, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 07:13 AMKatitof

Yes, cheaper things tend to be worse, Mr balance developer from Wish.

In vaccuum of the void maybe.

Compared to literally any other weapon upgrade at long range, its a joke increase. It is still an increase, but it gets outperformed badly even by a singular DP.

Sooooo no, its not substantial in any way.
But then again, DPS increase is not the strength of the upgrade given how even osttruppen LMG perform twice as good at long range.

Proportionally it is compared to volks Stg44, a single BAR, all G43s at mid and long range, the SVT upgrade for cons. Basically all your midrange stuff.

Yeah a general purpose upgrade is worse at long range then dedicated long range weapon upgrades. But then the 7man conscript upgrade is superior mid range to close range over LMGs in terms of damage increase.

Thing is unlike most weapon upgrades, the 7man upgrade gives a substantial DPS boost at ALL ranges.
16 Oct 2020, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 08:12 AMSerrith

Proportionally it is compared to volks Stg44, a single BAR, all G43s at mid and long range, the SVT upgrade for cons. Basically all your midrange stuff.

Yeah a general purpose upgrade is worse at long range then dedicated long range weapon upgrades. But then the 7man conscript upgrade is superior mid range to close range over LMGs in terms of damage increase.

Thing is unlike most weapon upgrades, the 7man upgrade gives a substantial DPS boost at ALL ranges.

One has to consider also another factor. The fact the since there have so many more entities there are more conscript entities focus firing on single entity making them die faster.

The performance vs other mainlines when vet 3 and in cover as I have seen them in test seem to be too good.
16 Oct 2020, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 09:08 AMVipper

One has to consider also another factor. The fact the since there have so many more entities there are more conscript entities focus firing on single entity making them die faster.

The performance vs other mainlines when vet 3 and in cover as I have seen them in test seem to be too good.

This has been my experience in a practical setting as well. They are also substantially easier to keep alive(due to the greater HP pool) and losing them is less costly compared to the other two allied manlines.
16 Oct 2020, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

@Katitof/Vipper:

Next one continuing the derail here or in another thread gets a ban.
16 Oct 2020, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 07:47 AMVipper

It a direct response to this claim:
"It comes the absolute latest and also locks out the possibilities of any other weapon, even dropped ones. I think all is fair in what 7 man brings considering its rather large offsets."

It does come at the absolute latest. Tell me how could it be delayed any later in the Soviet tech tree? It can't, it's in the final tier

Compared to other MAINLINE upgrades it is much much later than all of them. Ostruppen are a cheaper, doctrinal squad I have no idea why you think the function of their upgrade should be a model for conscripts

Ostheer T4 is a higher Tier building.

Call it whatever you want, the timing of the upgrades is so similar that build choice determines which comes first

I would suggest that people test how 7 men conscripts perform vs grenadier/vgs in cheat mod before claiming that this upgrade is in an ideal place.

I've been using them and playing against them in game for a while now. So has everyone else...
16 Oct 2020, 14:53 PM

It does come at the absolute latest. Tell me how could it be delayed any later in the Soviet tech tree? It can't, it's in the final tier

The claim is "absolute latest" not "absolute latest as soviets", that is simply false.

There are many way to delay it more simplest is to require further tech than simply the T4 buildings but this debate is rather pointless.

As I have already said the no reason to come late to begin with. The ability should design to that well designed and timed correctly and imo currently it is not. Using the timing as an excuse for the performance is simply not enough since the timing can easily change.

I've been using them and playing against them in game for a while now. So has everyone else...

Since you have used them in your opinion how many fight would vet 3 7m conscripts would win vs vet 5 VG in heavy cover and long range and how many model would they lose on average?
16 Oct 2020, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 14:53 PMVipper

The claim is "absolute latest" not "absolute latest as soviets", that is simply false

It's not simply false though. As I have also said multiple times, the actual timing is so similar that build order determines which comes first

It's the latest it could be in the current tech structure. If you want to redesign to the soviet tech structure even more because of one upgrade, I'm pretty sure you will be alone in that idea

Using the timing as an excuse for the performance is simply not enough since the timing can easily change.

What??? You're the one who wants to change the timing. What kind of circular logic is that

Since you have used them in your opinion how many fight would vet 3 7m conscripts would win vs vet 5 VG in heavy cover and long range and how many model would they lose on average?

Seriously? I literally said I used them in game and then your comeback is "tell me exactly how many models die in this specific engagement that I have tested in cheatmods"

Tell me, how often in game do squads get manually placed at exactly max range, in heavy cover, facing each other, and then start shooting each other with no positioning during combat involved?

Are the volks going to leave cover to throw a flame made? As they almost always do to fight anything in heavy cover?
16 Oct 2020, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 08:12 AMSerrith

I mean, might that be because it's not a weapon upgrade? You will find a similar phenomena with 5 man grens. Or bolster
16 Oct 2020, 16:14 PM

It's not simply false though. As I have also said multiple times, the actual timing is so similar that build order determines which comes first

It's the latest it could be in the current tech structure. If you want to redesign to the soviet tech structure even more because of one upgrade, I'm pretty sure you will be alone in that idea

"7 men conscript comes the absolute latest" is false claim as most "absolute" claims.
The upgrade can even become available without even teching T4.

This a simple fact accept it and move on (or do not accept it fine by me), I am done arguing about it.

The are other upgrade that come later than this upgrade like LMG/ OstruppenLMG for Obers/FG44 and cost reduction for Ostheer infatry.

What??? You're the one who wants to change the timing. What kind of circular logic is that

Seriously? I literally said I used them in game and then your comeback is "tell me exactly how many models die in this specific engagement that I have tested in cheatmods"

Tell me, how often in game do squads get manually placed at exactly max range, in heavy cover, facing each other, and then start shooting each other with no positioning during combat involved?

Are the volks going to leave cover to throw a flame made? As they almost always do to fight anything in heavy cover?

I am simply asking for your estimation, if you do not want to give one it is fine by me.
(but you might want to test anyway and get a better opinion on the matter)
16 Oct 2020, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 16:14 PMVipper

This a simple fact accept it and move on (or do not accept it fine by me), I am done arguing about it.

The are other upgrade that come later than this upgrade like LMG/ OstruppenLMG for Obers/FG44 and cost reduction for Ostheer infatry.

Once again it is not a simple fact. In the context of actual gameplay, in which people use feasible build orders and don't just purchase the bare minimum required to tech up, both upgrades are similarly late and could arrive after one another depending on those choices. It's simple if you turn the entire game into a math equation, but that's not what the game is

From the very beginning I have been asking you to point out what relevance those claims even have to the balance of the upgrade. None of the examples you gave are upgrades for mainlins, two of them are doctrinal, and passive bonuses =/= an upgrade
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2020, 16:14 PMVipper

(but you might want to test anyway and get a better opinion on the matter)

An opinion on how conscripts vs volks perform in a scenario that never actually occurs in a real game? What is the point of your scenario? Again what relevance does it have to the question? You are focusing too much on the tests in a vacuum, that's literally my whole point...
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS