Login

russian armor

USF: Move Rifleman AT rifle nade from vet1 to base upgrade

8 Sep 2020, 21:33 PM

As title.

I think losing a rifle squad mid-late game is too punishing if you have your own armour on the field because USF tanks rely so heavily on mobility and snaring enemy armour to survive.

This change won't effect early or mid game so much, but will make it easier for a USF player to know that they have a for-sure snare capable unit they can build and position in front of their fragile tanks.

Hopefully giving USF a less hectic and micro-heavy late game.

Should be bundled into the existing base grenade upgrade for no extra cost
8 Sep 2020, 22:57 PM

Yes, it should be available after the open T2 (Cpt or Lt), like volks faust.

If it is bought on the base it will be a nerf. USF are already paying to have grenades for the Riflemans.
9 Sep 2020, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2020, 21:33 PMTomDRV
As title.

I think losing a rifle squad mid-late game is too punishing if you have your own armour on the field because USF tanks rely so heavily on mobility and snaring enemy armour to survive.

This change won't effect early or mid game so much, but will make it easier for a USF player to know that they have a for-sure snare capable unit they can build and position in front of their fragile tanks.

Hopefully giving USF a less hectic and micro-heavy late game.

Should be bundled into the existing base grenade upgrade for no extra cost

I don't think it should be a "move". It would be strictly a nerf since it's free at vet 1. It would be better if nade tech unlocks AT nade at vet 0, while vet 1 still gets it for free.
9 Sep 2020, 02:22 AM

Just give it to them after LT or CPT. Good God, this faction already has had the worst tech tree of them all and snares are hard to come by for USF and UKF, but it seems like every Axis infantry unit gets it just because.
9 Sep 2020, 02:37 AM

how about 2nd snare that didn't need 6 secound to thrown it?

"Stiky bomb" Sov AT-nade animation , sticking like an AT satchel , 3 second fuse time
same range / damage as Sov AT nade.
all techs required + shared cooldown with the riflenade snare.
MMX
9 Sep 2020, 04:30 AM

I don't think it should be a "move". It would be strictly a nerf since it's free at vet 1. It would be better if nade tech unlocks AT nade at vet 0, while vet 1 still gets it for free.

best option by far i think. you could get it at any stage of the game bundled with regular nades as a nice bonus and would still be able to bypass sideteching for it if you really can't squeeze in the 100 mp / 20 (?) fu.
9 Sep 2020, 10:42 AM
Modmaker Badge

I recall that last Winter Patch someone proposed that AT Rifle Grenade would unlock for Riflemen regardless of their vet level after producing a Major as a part of "T4 passive bonuses" design that's going on, similar to how Mobilize Reserves unlocks on all Conscripts after building Soviet T4. I think that's a good way of doing it that wouldn't affect balance too much.
9 Sep 2020, 11:26 AM

I recall that last Winter Patch someone proposed that AT Rifle Grenade would unlock for Riflemen regardless of their vet level after producing a Major as a part of "T4 passive bonuses" design that's going on, similar to how Mobilize Reserves unlocks on all Conscripts after building Soviet T4. I think that's a good way of doing it that wouldn't affect balance too much.

That sounds good
9 Sep 2020, 11:37 AM

Agree unlock after LT or CPT,or unlock after upgrade grenade,for Soviet Cons molotov maybe could free unlock after build T3?
9 Sep 2020, 14:11 PM

Yea I suggested something similar a ways back seems like the best solution
9 Sep 2020, 14:13 PM

After major it sounds more than acceptable. Just logical to be there for lategame. LT or CPT would be too soon imo (but if both were researched it would be ok). They get the ability to have a tech free bazooka and can equip zooks on any unit, including "free" officers.
9 Sep 2020, 15:25 PM

Agreed with this, leave them as a Vet 1 ability until the Major arrives at which point they become an automatic global unlock. This preserves their uniqueness in the early game and through the light vehicle phase, but guarantees you will have snares available during the late stages of the game when you're fighting medium and heavy tanks.
9 Sep 2020, 17:14 PM

Agreed with this, leave them as a Vet 1 ability until the Major arrives at which point they become an automatic global unlock. This preserves their uniqueness in the early game and through the light vehicle phase, but guarantees you will have snares available during the late stages of the game when you're fighting medium and heavy tanks.

Yep
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS