Login

russian armor

The direction of balance.

10 Aug 2020, 07:30 AM

T34 is the cheapest mainline battle tank, so it's not going to have the strongest vet ability.

But cap point is decent, mainly in team games. The ability to deny infantry capping a point can absolutely be game winning, and the ability to cap far to reach places that will take a long time / be too risky for inf is also really good.
10 Aug 2020, 07:44 AM

T34 is the cheapest mainline battle tank, so it's not going to have the strongest vet ability.

But cap point is decent, mainly in team games. The ability to deny infantry capping a point can absolutely be game winning, and the ability to cap far to reach places that will take a long time / be too risky for inf is also really good.

Mainly in team games... How about 1vs1? And how this explanation will be fit to t-34/85? Cap point good for T-70 and amazing fit to its role as recon unit. For mainline medium it's bad choice. And i don't want "the strongest" ability, i want usefull ability. Not ability that i can use only against weaker enemy or in very specific situations, like when OH build MG bunker to defend point.
10 Aug 2020, 07:47 AM

I have very similar experience. I like using it, sidecapping or denying a cap to infantry unit works really well. It won me a few tight games.
10 Aug 2020, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 07:44 AMMaret

Mainly in team games... How about 1vs1?

I almost exclusively play 1v1.
10 Aug 2020, 07:53 AM

Aha. Just remember guys that allied vehicles have stock smoke (USF,UKF) while axis get it (mainly) through doctrines. Blitzkrieg/Combat blitz require munitions to be used while capping is a free ability. I don't think it is as bad as it is painted here. T-43s get another ability - the infamous ram. Just asymmetrical balance with allies (as usual) getting more abilities and still complaining that it is too little.
10 Aug 2020, 08:20 AM

Aha. Just remember guys that allied vehicles have stock smoke (USF,UKF) while axis get it (mainly) through doctrines. Blitzkrieg/Combat blitz require munitions to be used while capping is a free ability. I don't think it is as bad as it is painted here. T-43s get another ability - the infamous ram. Just asymmetrical balance with allies (as usual) getting more abilities and still complaining that it is too little.

Axis get smoke on EVERY armor unit from doctrine - little different from stock USF and UKF smoke. Also doctrinal smoke works without any delay. I don't like capping and ram too. Because Ram fully opposite to "save your units gamedesign". Game always reward players who can save their units. While Ram ability looks like giblings from Starcraft2. Kill your unit to get advantage.
And once again. Cap point for T-70 perfect fit to its role as recon and harras unit. Cap point for main medium - not. I don't against specific doctrines where armor get ability to cap points, it is good decision, where you are from doctrine got entirely new way to act.
10 Aug 2020, 08:28 AM

Aha. Just remember guys that allied vehicles have stock smoke (USF,UKF) while axis get it (mainly) through doctrines.

The doctrinal ability for ostheer is just an button press. The USF smoke launchers take quite some time to activate and the brit smoke shell need to be aimed.

Axis simply have quickers smoke activation than the allies, but can't decide where the smoke should go. I'd say it is a fair tradeoff, and a good example of assymetrical balance.

Blitzkrieg/Combat blitz require munitions to be used while capping is a free ability.

What, should capping a point with a vehicle require 30 munitions and last for 10 seconds? This is besides the fact that they are clearly different abilities, with the only common thing being the requirement of vet 1.

Would you rather see the T-34 get blitz for 30 munitions? Or another ability i don't know of?

T-43s get another ability - the infamous ram. Just asymmetrical balance with allies (as usual) getting more abilities and still complaining that it is too little.

Ah yes, because ram isn't a death sentence for the T-34 that does it 99% of the time. It can also be negated with mines, snares, and just good recon to see the T-34 before it can get close enough.

Whatever issues ram has is not with the ability itself, but with the synergy that comes from offmap air support. I'm not stating anything about it considering everyone knows what i am talking about.
10 Aug 2020, 17:20 PM

As far as vet abilities go it does deeply annoy me that the more durable Axis tanks have a get-out-of-jail-free card while the Allied tanks are just expected to die if you make a mistake, or in the case of the T-34, encouraged to die via Ram.
10 Aug 2020, 17:45 PM

As far as vet abilities go it does deeply annoy me that the more durable Axis tanks have a get-out-of-jail-free card while the Allied tanks are just expected to die if you make a mistake, or in the case of the T-34, encouraged to die via Ram.

Ram is not a vet ability. It is and extra ability and it is always available.
10 Aug 2020, 17:53 PM

Blitz wasn't intended to be a get out of jail free card but a get up in them gets card. Engine limitations however devolved it to a run for your life kinda thing.
As for allied tanks, they focus on utility. Not necessarily expendablity. Both western tanks get smoke, Sherman gets blob bonuses. The t34 does have ram, but that's a big picture ability.
10 Aug 2020, 20:07 PM

Blitz wasn't intended to be a get out of jail free card but a get up in them gets card. Engine limitations however devolved it to a run for your life kinda thing.
As for allied tanks, they focus on utility. Not necessarily expendablity. Both western tanks get smoke, Sherman gets blob bonuses. The t34 does have ram, but that's a big picture ability.

I wonder if you could rework Blitz to target an area of ground, and the tank'll make a really fast beeline to that location (like Ram)?

You wouldn't be able to use that to retreat, because the tank would insist on turning around.
11 Aug 2020, 00:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 20:07 PMLago

I wonder if you could rework Blitz to target an area of ground, and the tank'll make a really fast beeline to that location (like Ram)?

You wouldn't be able to use that to retreat, because the tank would insist on turning around.

Now that's a work around. I like it!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS