Login

russian armor

USF officers vs UKF officer

30 Jul 2020, 13:17 PM

Playing for British and getting a officer I feel like he really is an officer, has fine dps for close range, powerful grenade (like bundle grenade) and air recon. And it weighs 8 pop caps.

The captain and lieutenant also have 8 caps. And they are worse than Rifleman in terms of target size. They have one Thompson. And this is where their features end. Yes, the lieutenant has smoke, and the captain has an ability that no one uses or uses very rarely.

Major, he's fine. He is the point of regrouping. However, his air recon is terrible. The recon of a British officer is much better, because he has a direction vector, and the speed of the plane is not so fast, and you have time to make out the enemy's positions.

Also, the Major's ability to block the point from being captured is complete bullsh**. I don't remember a tournament where the major was used to block an important point. And not even in any Tightrope cast.
30 Jul 2020, 13:42 PM

USF officers stock units. UKF doctrinal.
Also don't forget about possibility to get early zook without rak and speed up production - you are really can build any unit in blink of the eye. Ability that can broke suppression from squad also usefull.
30 Jul 2020, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2020, 13:42 PMMaret
USF officers stock units. UKF doctrinal.
Also don't forget about possibility to get early zook without rak and speed up production - you are really can build any unit in blink of the eye. Ability that can broke suppression from squad also usefull.

UKF officer is stock, the main difference is US officers come with tech.
30 Jul 2020, 20:49 PM

All USF officers sprint out of combat at vet 3, which is huge plus for them imo. Also the UKF officer is limited to close combat mostly, while the USF ones are more of a jack of all trades in terms of range. The Major has a cheap but powerful arty call and the Captain's on me resets suppression to zero, the Assault officer's ability doesn't do that.
30 Jul 2020, 21:52 PM

I just wish the US Officers were more distinct from Riflemen. I had seen suggestions in the past to diversify them into things like DMR squad, LMG squad, SMG squad, etc.
30 Jul 2020, 22:13 PM

Imagine complaining about getting free Rifle squads you can give Bars to LUL
31 Jul 2020, 09:14 AM

I just wish the US Officers were more distinct from Riflemen. I had seen suggestions in the past to diversify them into things like DMR squad, LMG squad, SMG squad, etc.

yes, there is good idea.
31 Jul 2020, 09:19 AM

All USF officers sprint out of combat at vet 3, which is huge plus for them imo. Also the UKF officer is limited to close combat mostly, while the USF ones are more of a jack of all trades in terms of range. The Major has a cheap but powerful arty call and the Captain's on me resets suppression to zero, the Assault officer's ability doesn't do that.

No you are not right. The M1 Garand also has the most effective dps at close range. The middle range is much worse. So, USF officers are not jack of all trades.
31 Jul 2020, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2020, 09:19 AMRiley

No you are not right. The M1 Garand also has the most effective dps at close range. The middle range is much worse. So, USF officers are not jack of all trades.

Erm... like all weapons are the most effective at close range with the exception of lmgs???
The garand at long range is just as effective as volks k98, but much better at close range compared to it.

Or are you saying that the assault officer squad will ever gonna defeat anything at mid or long range without brens?!?
31 Jul 2020, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2020, 22:13 PMClarity
Imagine complaining about getting free Rifle squads you can give Bars to LUL

I think OP misses the point where USF Officers are almost free.
31 Jul 2020, 10:33 AM

UKF was given the officer because the faction lacks of stock cqc unit, u can not compare unit vs unit u have to see every faction as a whole thing
31 Jul 2020, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2020, 10:33 AMmadin2
UKF was given the officer because the faction lacks of stock cqc unit, u can not compare unit vs unit u have to see every faction as a whole thing

Tell that to those who compare the Calliope to other artillery units. This thread is currently in the top.
31 Jul 2020, 15:11 PM

Is this a buff the US officers thread?
Is the argument that US officers should be buffed because the UKF is better?
31 Jul 2020, 15:17 PM

USF officers are free.
31 Jul 2020, 18:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The free officers were a design mistake which limits any type of customization and depth change my mind .jpg
31 Jul 2020, 19:07 PM

The free officers were a design mistake which limits any type of customization and depth change my mind .jpg

I just feel like they fit the Soviets or Germans better. Soviets because fielding a ton of units makes sense, Germans because they liked to play up the role Officers had on the front lines.
31 Jul 2020, 20:13 PM

+1
31 Jul 2020, 23:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Complaining about a 3 free units, free FRP, free capping power, not to mention thinks captain's abilities are useless and shockingly.... also free. Sounds like "USF bad, buff USF" to me.
1 Aug 2020, 15:39 PM

Complaining about a 3 free units, free FRP, free capping power, not to mention thinks captain's abilities are useless and shockingly.... also free. Sounds like "USF bad, buff USF" to me.

If this units really free, that is OP and need fix.
7 Aug 2020, 17:41 PM

They have a lot of great abilities and are really useful. You don't need to withdraw echelons to build base stuff to produce units. Not only that - you get them for teaching. Hard to criticize them. My personal favourite is the vet 3 out of combat speed buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★