Login

russian armor

Are sections balanced?

20 Jul 2020, 11:52 AM

Sections are fine imo, if the UC, AEC and valentine werent so strong
20 Jul 2020, 12:33 PM

I suggested something similar. Bolster should have to be upgraded at HQ as it is now but then each squad needs to pay 45-60 muni for the extra man and it would lock out a weapon slot. So you cant go double LMG 5 man and overall need a lot more muni invested into your infantry. That would slow down 5 man Section spam and mean overall less muni to spam on other abilities, mines or grenades.

+100

45MU or 60MU for each individual IS upgrade, just like OST 5men gren upgrade. And lock brens to max 1.
20 Jul 2020, 12:34 PM

No, your calculation is - at best - naively misrepresenting the actual game.

The only way your calculation were correct is if you paid all these resources just to get Obersoldaten with LMGs. But you do not. These resources get you to that point, but they also get you teching to all tanks that OKW can get.

If you really want to insist on your calcs and move all the costs to Obersoldaten, then OKW would also pay only the 350 MP / 140 FU for their medium (since all teching costs already have been allocated to Obersoldaten), while UKF still has to pay for their Cromwell PLUS their whole teching costs (somewhere around 265 FU if I am not mistaken). Now explain to me why my Cromwell costs almost twice the amount of fuel while it is shittier in almost every regard? Why do I as UKF pay fuel in the range of a heavy tank for a medium?

See, this is the same argument you (and also Katitof) are using for Obersoldaten and IS. They are all strawmen arguments and completely miss the point of the whole discussion.

The only point you can make with "adding" all the tech costs to Obersoldaten is that they come way later than infantry sections. But you did not. Not a single time.

when i follow this logic...what cost than the 2. IS with all upgrades after build first IS and bought all upgrades? nah? it seems your logic is only valid in one direction...right?
20 Jul 2020, 12:37 PM

4men sections are balanced. The problem is the combo 5men + UC + Valentine or AEC + 6pdr + HMG.
20 Jul 2020, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 12:37 PMLeo251
4men sections are balanced. The problem is the combo 5men + UC + Valentine or AEC + 6pdr + HMG.

No offense, but you're dying to better players and projecting it into balance issues.
20 Jul 2020, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 12:37 PMLeo251

Combined arms and upgraded mainline OP now?

You sure you want to play RTS instead of MOBA?
20 Jul 2020, 12:50 PM

No offense, but you're dying to better players and projecting it into balance issues.

Then why everyone in the forum and twitch are saying Brits are OP?
20 Jul 2020, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 12:50 PMLeo251

You aware of memes?
20 Jul 2020, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 12:50 PMLeo251

Because they're like you, they lose to better players and project it onto balance issues.
20 Jul 2020, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 12:48 PMKatitof

Combined arms and upgraded mainline OP now?

You sure you want to play RTS instead of MOBA?

Dude, he wants the enemy to blob IS, then use stuka to wipe them all. Otherwise it's not balanced. Don't you see that??!!?! Are you so baaaaad??? If you don't blob, you're playing a cheese OP tactic which is OP.
20 Jul 2020, 13:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

when i follow this logic...what cost than the 2. IS with all upgrades after build first IS and bought all upgrades? nah? it seems your logic is only valid in one direction...right?

I assume you want me to say that the squad gets more expensive because I bought the upgrades? Otherwise I do not understand what you are trying to imply and what your point is.

I have no idea what this has to do with my argumentation - allegedly - being only valid in one direction. Please make a more coherent point and show how your argument suits better than mine. I laid out my point and there was no specific response of yours to my train of thought at all.

Also please answer me this, because I used exactly your logic and even your examples and just applied it to a different unit:
If you really want to insist on your calcs and move all the costs to Obersoldaten, then OKW would also pay only the 350 MP / 140 FU for their medium (since all teching costs already have been allocated to Obersoldaten), while UKF still has to pay for their Cromwell PLUS their whole teching costs (somewhere around 265 FU if I am not mistaken). Now explain to me why my Cromwell costs almost twice the amount of fuel while it is shittier in almost every regard? Why do I as UKF pay fuel in the range of a heavy tank for a medium?
20 Jul 2020, 14:54 PM

Regarding obersts aurgument:
1) They still requre T3 unlock for 60 fuel to get access to LMG
2) If you rush them, you are left without healing for good. And as OKW you need it, aswell as you need sometimes puma or stuka
3) They will always face somewhat upgraded and vetted inf
4) They are not main-line inf, they are support inf, which always requare somesort of baby sitting to be effective.

Thats why we see JLI or Falls all the time, because obers are not miracle unit, which makes OKW inf play on pair. They are somewhat addition to your army, which can make a difference only in long run.

OKW tech is messed up for good, there is nothing more stupid to compair OKW tech prices to other factions, because OKW tech is by far the most unflexable in the game. You go T1 - you are left without hard counters to LVs, you go T2 - you are left without healing, you rush T3 for obersts - you left without backtech for a long time.

Regarding bolster:
IS already can face and be on top of volks and grens, bolster with its timings just adds to it.
If you look at USF, Rifles power are at least justified by the fact they dont have anything else early on.
Thats the sole reason why IS spam is the UKF meta, you dont need Vekers or bren carrier, they are just an option you can get, but IS can face everything but ost sniper early on.

This AI supperioriry snowballing into bolster, making IS even better, then get AEC to instanly counter fast LVs, and continue dominating with ISs.

Bolster and even double weapon upgrades are more or less fine as an idea, but their timings are just stupidly fast. Bolster at very least should be at least locked to AEC or bofors upgrade.

I usually see questions like
"Why grens such" with and answer "Because you have acces to best MG in the game and sniper early"
"Why rifles are so powerfull early" - "Because they have nothing else early"

What about UKF then? Why the combine arms faction turned into second USF.
20 Jul 2020, 15:00 PM

didnt read the whole thread but tommis will never ever ever EVER be balanced while there is a 25% global power spike variable. hell, its impact is even greater than a 25% chance due to slowed dps drop and models spreading damage further reducing the chance of bursting models.

the ONLY way we will be able to balance tommies is by divorcing the bolster upgrade aspect from the base unit. make it a seperate upgrade that takes up 1 slot. make medics/ pyro take up 1 slot. buff brens. boom. now you have a huge number of viable tommie compositions that all require thought into what composition you want. do you want durability or firepower? what about utility?

the numbers are debatable with this kind of change of course but as long as bolster is a global we will always have the problem of either bolster being too juicy to ever pass up (if 4 man tommies are worth the cost) or bolster being absolutely required (because the unit is balanced and priced for 5 man)

imagine if just by teching up cons or grens got their extra models instead of having to plan for it with notsble trade offs. 7 man shreked cons? 5 man grens with an mg42? thats bolstered tommies....

20 Jul 2020, 15:07 PM

imagine if just by teching up cons or grens got their extra models instead of having to plan for it with notsble trade offs. 7 man shreked cons? 5 man grens with an mg42? thats bolstered tommies....

Yeah, except if you put them in a match and compare the performance of 7man shrek cons and 5man LMG42 Grens vs PIATs 5man Tommies and BRENs 5man Tommies, the former are better.
20 Jul 2020, 15:09 PM

Yeah, except if you put them in a match and compare the performance of 7man shrek cons and 5man LMG42 Grens vs PIATs 5man Tommies and BRENs 5man Tommies, the former are better.

Yeah, the only sad thing that we dont have 7 shrek cons by the 7 minite mark and we dont have 5 men LMG42 grens in the game.
20 Jul 2020, 15:11 PM

Yeah, the only sad thing that we dont have 7 shrek cons by the 7 minite mark and we dont have 5 men LMG42 grens in the game.

And even if we did, comparing them to double PIAT or double BREN sections is absolutely laughable.
20 Jul 2020, 15:28 PM

Sander already said Brits aren't getting an infantry or bolster rework so the thread is pointless

Maybe they will get a slight nerf and slight buff again and things will hardly change
20 Jul 2020, 15:31 PM

Where's the "too weak". Make your survey fair and balanced bruh.

They have lots of weaknesses. When do I get snares baseline on Sections?

Also, static infantry would make sense... if UKF had NOT static non-doc infantry. They don't. Grens are ALSO static infantry, and are treated poorly.

XD

let the sections be, nerf other shit... or maybe cost to 280 but idk
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 26
Mexico 17
Germany 876

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W