Login

russian armor

Nerf spec ops flares

PAGES (7)down
14 Jul 2020, 13:56 PM

it should be an ability on volks or some other CBQ unit or so. Click point anywhere and massive recon with no play is no no.
14 Jul 2020, 14:12 PM

CaN´T bE SeEN.

I wonder if theres a chance spec op flares do the same lmao
14 Jul 2020, 14:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well we've had that topic plenty of times. Maybe now that many issues have been fixed and from what it looks like the majority of the community at least here on org agrees that the next patch should clean up small issues, there is also a chance that OKW and UKF flares will be reworked.
Giving it to infantry units would be the best fix I think. Otherwise plane pass or loiter. Or the recon-smoke pass that OKW has on another commander
14 Jul 2020, 14:43 PM

Although Sander's idea is cool we could alternativly change into an ability for the ISG to shoot flares (like the non-doc russian mortar).

Would probs be simpler to implement for the mod team.
14 Jul 2020, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

CaN´T bE SeEN.

I wonder if theres a chance spec op flares do the same lmao

Not sure if this is the case, but the game has problems rendering things which are not in the screen at the moment they occur.

This can happen with smokes and flares.
14 Jul 2020, 18:55 PM

getting flared is just annoying, more then it is overpowered. This includes the British one too, they both need to be reworked/replaced.
14 Jul 2020, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2020, 18:55 PMAlphrum
getting flared is just annoying, more then it is overpowered. This includes the British one too, they both need to be reworked/replaced.

+1 to this. Both of them are dumb abilities

Turn them into recon loiters and call it a day
14 Jul 2020, 20:46 PM

+1 to this. Both of them are dumb abilities

Turn them into recon loiters and call it a day

Than allies anti air needs to be nerfes hard since they Nullified planes from axis.
14 Jul 2020, 20:48 PM

Than allies anti air needs to be nerfes hard since they Nullified planes from axis.

that needs fixed regardless, and even if it doesnt (which it sould) flares need fixed. one thing overperforming doesnt excuse another. one could make a claim saying sov AA should stay the same as long as flares remain uncounterable and then we wont get anywhere.the goal should be the best balance, not quid pro quo balance.
14 Jul 2020, 20:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm on the boat that all AA dedicated vehicles should be as good as Soviets M5 not the other way round.

And others have said, it's not fixing one OR the other. It's about fixing everything.
14 Jul 2020, 21:32 PM

Care to actually specify what you're talking about? Which AA is OP, the quad? That's how good a mostly dedicated AA unit should be

If you think axis AA isn't good enough, make a thread. You most be talking about Ost cause OKW gets good AA gun every time they get their final tech, and the flak HT is plenty good enough too

But Ost has pintles on every tank, the 222 isn't bad at AA, and the Ostwind is good if you have one. I really don't know what you're talking about
14 Jul 2020, 22:18 PM

Quad is simply op it can down 2 loiter before the fire a single shot. If all AA weapon are buffed at that level loiter planes will simply become obsolete.
14 Jul 2020, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2020, 22:18 PMVipper
Quad is simply op it can down 2 loiter before the fire a single shot. If all AA weapon are buffed at that level loiter planes will simply become obsolete.

Good, loiter planes take 0 effort to use and shouldn't take that much effort to counter. Air and AA is IMO pretty poorly implemented in this game but that's what we have to work with.
14 Jul 2020, 23:05 PM

Good, loiter planes take 0 effort to use and shouldn't take that much effort to counter. Air and AA is IMO pretty poorly implemented in this game but that's what we have to work with.

Yup pretty much this. Idk why anyone should have to expend much effort to counter air abilities in their current implementation

They don't count towards your pop, they do all the work for you, and in long team matches the cost can stop being prohibitive. Keeping my AA unit in range should be plenty to knock out those absurd abilities

14 Jul 2020, 23:09 PM

The flares are fine. The last thing we need is more nerfing/buffing of things because they’re supposedly OP in team games.
14 Jul 2020, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2020, 22:54 PMKatitof

You think so?

I know so.

I believe I quoted post of some scrub crying about quad potency...

And here we go again, proving yourself unable to post without insulting someone.

If in you opinion Quad is perfect spot you should argue your point with Sander93 who in his balance changes writes:
M5 Halftrack
....The AA power is being reduced to become more in line with other similar units.
Quad upgrade AA power reduced (values to be determined later)

I have little time to argue with trolls.

and claiming effective counter would completely remove the option for player to use the plane ability, despite last 2v2 torunament showing otherwise and pointed out counterplay to AA that actually does the job if you don't want to see your planes shot down.

A nice (false) theory you can use in your debate with Sander93
14 Jul 2020, 23:23 PM

Loiter planes do cost a allot munition and my point is that quad is OP in AA role a opinion that is shared by members of the balance team.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS